dcsimg

Milwaukee M12 Fuel

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

How much difference is there in brushless tools? Is it worth almost double the price? I need to replace an old mastercraft cordless kit i had, and i want good stuff, even though it’s just for personal use. I’m an ex mechanic so i know to buy good tools, i think i’ll go with makita for a drill/driver/battery kit, just trying to justify the cost of brushless!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

This guy’s channel I like. VERY STRONG LANGUAGE CONTENT WARNING!!

He takes them apart and shows you how they work. He has a few more on brushless motors too. I subscribe to the channel, he seems to be a Milwaulkie fan, but calls them like he sees them, and tells you when he may have spoke too soon. Again, the language thing is full of F-bombs etc. So if you are offended by that, this guy is not for you. Knowing this, press play at your own discretion.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Take that guy’s opinion with grain of salt though. I subscribe to him but sometimes he’s full of it.

As for brushless, you basically lose the friction from the brushes, so less power wasted and less heat, plus if some grit gets inside it’s not as bad since those can wear down a brush fast.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Brushless has another advantage which the reviewer mentioned as a criticism. He pointed out the small, fragile reverse switch and other control parts as a put down. Those are all that is required with Brushless technology. They are used to activate control voltages only. The integrated circuitry does the rest. That says durability and reliability with less weight and size. In the long term it also says lower cost.

wait til the initial cost of manufacture and design have been covered and watch the price come down.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yep, the main current doesn’t go through the switch anymore so no need for a heavy one, just like you don’t install a main breaker panel switch for your bedroom light.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

He must be a Milwaukee fan, he is using Milwaukee screwdrivers to disassemble the Milwaukee M12 Fuel driver.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

He does mention what he thinks are downfalls of the tool, then at the end he does admit that it is a keeper. I like that he does keep an open mind to such things. He has a couple more vids on his site about brushless motors. I also like that he looks inside the tool instead of just saying “this one will drive X amount of screws”. I don’t know what he does for a living, but I think he is a tradesman of some sort. Seems to know a volt from an ohm for certain, among other things.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

He does mention what he thinks are downfalls of the tool, then at the end he does admit that it is a keeper. I like that he does keep an open mind to such things. He has a couple more vids on his site about brushless motors. I also like that he looks inside the tool instead of just saying “this one will drive X amount of screws”. I don’t know what he does for a living, but I think he is a tradesman of some sort. Seems to know a volt from an ohm for certain, among other things.

I like seeing what’s inside, so I subscribed to his channel and will watch the vids.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

He must be a Milwaukee fan, he is using Milwaukee screwdrivers to disassemble the Milwaukee M12 Fuel driver.

He calls it Milsucky or Milf&$ky, so don’t think he’s too big of a fan lol.

He never says what/who he is but from what I can tell he’s a mechanical/maintenance engineer of some sort, in mining related field probably.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I like seeing what’s inside, so I subscribed to his channel and will watch the vids.

Me too. I watched his vid on the Mitutoyo caliper. Excellent review! He didn’t miss a thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t care for the language, find it classless. Nor do I really care exactly how a tool works, just that it works. Came across one of his videos once, found it a total waste of time. I prefer to actually use my tools.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Thanks for the info, you’re right about new technology being expensive at first, then coming down in price. Also means the older tech usually gets blown out at some really good prices, so i guess i still haven’t decided which way to go! Might be hard to resist a good blow out sale on a non brushless set!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Milwaukee, DeWalt, Makita or Bosch are all contractor-grade, and you really can’t go wrong with any of them.

I fully disagree! When ever my money is funneled into a country that hates us it is the wrong tool to buy! Do you know what that loud sucking sound is??? Hint, it’s not Linda!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t care for the language, find it classless. Nor do I really care exactly how a tool works, just that it works. Came across one of his videos once, found it a total waste of time. I prefer to actually use my tools.

I fully agree,, Sparkman

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the info, you’re right about new technology being expensive at first, then coming down in price. Also means the older tech usually gets blown out at some really good prices, so i guess i still haven’t decided which way to go! Might be hard to resist a good blow out sale on a non brushless set!

I would say that marketing has that covered. Prices will go down as demand increases. The older models will still sell at moderate prices until it’s no longer efficient to make them. All the big makers will continue to have their blow out sales in the spring and life will go on.

adrico
    Pro

Hello, I’m from Romania, I bought a Milwaukee M12 fuel drill and I have a problem that many people say they have not met. Just start by removing the battery. If I leave it for 1 minute it does not go then repeats everything after what do I removing the battery. Please tell me if you have encountered this defect and how it can be solved. Thank you, a good day for everyone.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Hello, I’m from Romania, I bought a Milwaukee M12 fuel drill and I have a problem that many people say they have not met. Just start by removing the battery. If I leave it for 1 minute it does not go then repeats everything after what do I removing the battery. Please tell me if you have encountered this defect and how it can be solved. Thank you, a good day for everyone.

@adrico
    , send it back to Milwaukee. It wounds like there is an electrical issue.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.454 seconds