dcsimg

Milwaukee M12 Fuel

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just got myself a 12v Milwaukee drill driver. Stoked! First tool what! Boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, from your post I can tell you are happy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Is he happy or did it go Boom? If it went Boom, then I don’t think that he is too happy.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I just got myself a 12v Milwaukee drill driver. Stoked! First tool what! Boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome, don’t forget to post pictures and tell us what you think of it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have all of the M12 Fuel tools, I think, and most of the M18 Fuel. Haven’t had a problem with one as yet, and more than happy with the them. There’s many days now that I don’t have to drag a cord out even once, which I thought I’d never see.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have all of the M12 Fuel tools, I think, and most of the M18 Fuel. Haven’t had a problem with one as yet, and more than happy with the them. There’s many days now that I don’t have to drag a cord out even once, which I thought I’d never see.

Cordless has come a long way since they first came out. The brushless stuff is fantastic.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The brushless motor is the newest things in cordless tool technology. Brushless motors promise reduced maintenance, and longer and stronger run times. A motor with brushes relies on a physical connection between the carbon brushes and the spinning rotor to conduct electricity and activate the tool. That connection creates friction as the rotor is spins, which not only wears out the brushes but also creates drag and wastes energy.
    During testing of its new brushless motors, Milwaukee bored an average of 30,000 to 35,000 holes with a 1-inch auger bit before the brushes needed replacing.Milwaukee’s new brushless motor bored…
    – See more at: http://www.proconstructionguide.com/brushless-motors/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The brushless motor is the newest things in cordless tool technology. Brushless motors promise reduced maintenance, and longer and stronger run times. A motor with brushes relies on a physical connection between the carbon brushes and the spinning rotor to conduct electricity and activate the tool. That connection creates friction as the rotor is spins, which not only wears out the brushes but also creates drag and wastes energy.
    During testing of its new brushless motors, Milwaukee bored an average of 30,000 to 35,000 holes with a 1-inch auger bit before the brushes needed replacing.Milwaukee’s new brushless motor bored…
    – See more at: http://www.proconstructionguide.com/brushless-motors/

Interesting read at the link. Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

Are people actually allowed to promote their own website on this forum like that?

Are people actually allowed to promote their own website on this forum like that?

Thought it was allowed as long as they aren’t advertising items for sale. Try messaging a moderator for more clarification.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe BTP is partnered with them.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@youngin
    Pro Construction Guide is one of the sponsors of BTP so they are welcome to post links to their website.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Youngin
    Pro
    Edmonton, AB

I believe BTP is partnered with them.

I see, it’s hard to know without any labels under the name or anything.

Wow! I only have three Fuel tools. Wish I could justify more.

Question. Do you run the large based high capacity batteries or the small 1.5 and 2.0 batteries?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Question. Do you run the large based high capacity batteries or the small 1.5 and 2.0 batteries?

I have about a half a dozen of each, 2.0 and 4.0. I normally go with the 2.0, as the large ones bring the tools almost up to the size of a 18v., and I got them for their compactness. Since they are brushless, the runtime is really good even with the 2.0’s. I use the 4.0’s more in the LED’s and in the radio, or if I really want the drill or impact to stand up, for some reason.

I have about a half a dozen of each, 2.0 and 4.0. I normally go with the 2.0, as the large ones bring the tools almost up to the size of a 18v., and I got them for their compactness. Since they are brushless, the runtime is really good even with the 2.0’s. I use the 4.0’s more in the LED’s and in the radio, or if I really want the drill or impact to stand up, for some reason.

That’s what I was wondering. The 4.0’s make the tool much larger. I only have 1.5’s and 2.0’s and for me the compactness is why I got them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s what I was wondering. The 4.0’s make the tool much larger. I only have 1.5’s and 2.0’s and for me the compactness is why I got them.

Other than for boring framing members, I use my M12 stuff much more than my M18. It’s great to have the big stuff for when I need it, but I love the compactness of the 12v stuff. I carry all of my M12 tools in one good-size bag, including a few batteries, charger and even associated accessories.

Other than for boring framing members, I use my M12 stuff much more than my M18. It’s great to have the big stuff for when I need it, but I love the compactness of the 12v stuff. I carry all of my M12 tools in one good-size bag, including a few batteries, charger and even associated accessories.

HAHA, right now my M12 ratchet is my favorite as I use it every week to assemble my lawnmower. I should look into the M12 Fuel stuff in the future. Thanks Sparky.

Hey, can you do me a favor and take a pic of the M18 Fuel hammer drill next to the M12 Fuel one. I would like to see the size difference.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HAHA, right now my M12 ratchet is my favorite as I use it every week to assemble my lawnmower. I should look into the M12 Fuel stuff in the future. Thanks Sparky.

I don’t have any of the M12 impact wrenches, having both the M18 Fuel High-Torque and the 2654 3/8″ impact wrench, but I do have both of the M12 ratchets. They are a little slow for my liking, but I do use them some.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, can you do me a favor and take a pic of the M18 Fuel hammer drill next to the M12 Fuel one. I would like to see the size difference.

Here you go. You can see with the 4.0 in the M12, it’s not a whole lot smaller. It has really good power for a 12v, but of course it’s no match for the M18 Fuel, which’ll drive my 18″ auger bits like nothing. If I could only have one, it’d obviously be the M18. On the 1/4″ hex impacts, it’d be the M12 Fuel. I never use my M18 Fuel impact driver at all.

Here you go. You can see with the 4.0 in the M12, it’s not a whole lot smaller. It has really good power for a 12v, but of course it’s no match for the M18 Fuel, which’ll drive my 18″ auger bits like nothing. If I could only have one, it’d obviously be the M18. On the 1/4″ hex impacts, it’d be the M12. I never use my M18 impact driver at all.

Thanks Sparky! Yeah, I think I’ll keep the M18’s I have. I don’t use it enough to get both.

Hey the ratchet is slow but it’s still faster than my hand. LOL!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.454 seconds