dcsimg

Milwaukee M12 Fuel

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    MattSPL
    Pro

Does anybody have any of the Milwaukee M12 Fuel tools and how are you getting on with them?

I bought the 1/4 inch hex impact driver and percussion drill/driver set about 3 weeks ago, and the rotary hammer last week.

I’m seriously impressed with the power of these tools. I drilled a couple of holes through the block wall of a house today with a 16mm(5/8 inch) bit today using the Fuel rotary hammer and it sailed through the wall. It’s tiny size and weight fool you into thinking the drill couldn’t do the job, but it surprises you. One thing they should have included on the rotary hammer is a belt clip like the impact driver and drill/driver.

I look forward to seeing how these tools hold up. I look after my tools, but I also put them through their paces, so we shall see.

Something worth mentioning, we only get a 3 year tool and 2 year battery warranty here in Europe, not 5 and 3 years like America.

Cheers
    Matt

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I just ordered the impact yesterday. You really can’t find a bad review on it. Some of the specs are equal to or better than some of the 18v impacts on the market.

Resident Sign Guy

MattSPL
    Pro

The impact driver is my favorite of the 3 to use. It’s the most compact and perfectly balanced in the hand. I didn’t think I needed an impact driver, but really like it.
    The shop didn’t have the percussion drill/driver on its own which is what I was looking for, but had the combo set with the impact for not much more money, so I went with that.

I’m sure you’ll be delighted with the impact driver, as you say, it has comparable specs with 18v tools.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I sure love mine Matt and you are spot on regarding the power these things have. They can really go at it.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Hey Matt -Have a look at the reviews on from Lon they’re quite well done. I also have the M12 Fuel Hex Impact and it’s an excellent tool, I’ve been very happy with it and love the 2 speeds.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t have the Milwaukee M12 Fuel but do have the sister co. 12volt line. The Ridgid comes out of the same plant in china. I love the power they have and the lifetime on the batteries has served me well.

MattSPL
    Pro

Good to hear everybody is pleased with their M12 tools, and the Ridgid look good, I didn’t know they were made in the same place.

Thanks for the links to the reviews also, I’ll have a read of those tonight.

Cheers
    Matt

woodman_412

I noticed in the HD flyer yesterday that they have a special offer on where if you buy one of the Milwaukee mitre saws you get a free M12 drill with it. I guess if you were in the market for a new mitre saw it would be a great way to try out the M12 line.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow Dan that’s cool, Thanks for the info.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I noticed in the HD flyer yesterday that they have a special offer on where if you buy one of the Milwaukee mitre saws you get a free M12 drill with it. I guess if you were in the market for a new mitre saw it would be a great way to try out the M12 line.

Yep, big promo on right now – in Canada at least. My local place had a bunch of options in terms of free tools or batteries if you buy an M12 Fuel kit.

Milwaukee is pretty good about those promotions. When one expires there is usually another that follows. You can get some great additional tools from them. I didn’t look at the offer but they may be offering the old M12 drill and not a Fuel version as the freebie. Just be aware.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The M12 impact gets here on Monday. Pretty excited about it.

Resident Sign Guy

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

So do you guys think it would be enough power to use on composite decking? Or do you think the material is too dense? I really like the idea of them being light weight.

MattSPL
    Pro

@Moze Let us know how you get on with the impact.

@calidecks64
    I can’t say how the M12 Fuel impact would perform through decking as I’m an Electrician, but it will drive a screw straight through softer woods.

So do you guys think it would be enough power to use on composite decking?

Yes, without question in my mind. However, the 18v is going to drive more of them before a battery change. I think the larger 12v battery will do fairly well.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Milwaukee is pretty good about those promotions. When one expires there is usually another that follows. You can get some great additional tools from them. I didn’t look at the offer but they may be offering the old M12 drill and not a Fuel version as the freebie. Just be aware.

You’re right about that – one of the options was the Fuel Hex Driver, but the others were the older – some cool ones for sure though, they included the LED Stick Light which is one I love, but I’ve been having a hard time locating for the last few weeks, hope it didn’t grow legs.

MattSPL
    Pro

What colour case are the M12 fuel tools sold in in America? I’ve only seen pictures of cases with black bottom and red top, but mine came in an all black case with a red handle.

I’ve only seen pictures of cases with black bottom and red top, but mine came in an all black case with a red handle.

I have not seen that configuration at all. Maybe you got a secret model. 🙂

MattSPL
    Pro

I’ve only seen pictures of cases with black bottom and red top, but mine came in an all black case with a red handle.

I have not seen that configuration at all. Maybe you got a secret model. :)

🙂 My M12 Fuel rotary hammer and my Fuel impact – percussion drill/driver set came in black cases. Maybe we get a special colour case in Europe to make us feel better because Milwaukee are more expensive here than in America?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.484 seconds