dcsimg

Milwaukee Hammervac

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Moze
    Dallas, TX

So, as of right now I’m kind of frustrated with my foray into Milwaukee tools.

My wife got me the Milwaukee Hammervac as an anniversary present. It worked fine with the exception of the lock for the telescoping portion. The majority of the time it simply doesn’t engage.

So I called CPO Outlets, where she bought it from, and they were great. They sent a new one out that day along with an RMA number for the other one.

I received the replacement today and it has the exact same issue with the lock. You also have to force the dust container back in. Add to that, I turned it on and it sounds like the motor is about to come apart.

So as things stand, I’m a bit underwhelmed and will be sending both of them back. Video is uploading.

Resident Sign Guy

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Resident Sign Guy

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Moze great video but this is absolutely crazy that this system doesn’t work and to get two duds in a row. I think you should post this on Milwaukee’s FB page to get their attention.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I’m not on Facebook. If someone else wants to, I’d be happy to send the video.

Resident Sign Guy

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Done and Done, I will let you know how they respond. I worded it, “Is there a trick to getting the Hammervac to lock in at a certain depth? I am forwarding this from my buddy since he is not on FB.” I was a bit sarcastic to drive the point home that they are failing at QC

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate it. Do you have a link or do I have to be a FB member to view it?

I just got off the phone with tech support. He’s going to go and try too put his hands on one to see if it’s a common problem.

Resident Sign Guy

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I tried to “Share” the post but it only allows it for people on Facebook. I will make sure to send you any and all correspondence I receive back.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

ok, Thanks, Jason.

Resident Sign Guy

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

QC stinks at least for you. Bummer I hope they figure something out for you.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I’m sending everything back to CPO, including the SDS rotary hammer. If the first two Hammervac’s are like this, I’m not taking a chance with anything else.

Resident Sign Guy

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow, that’s awful. I’ve had great experience will my Milwaukee M12 stuff, I have quite a bit of it. I’m surprised at the poor QC on this.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

i would fully expect milwaukee to solve this problem for you. What a bummber to get two duds in a row..

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Moze — that is a bummer. Sorry to hear that. My experience with Milwaukee has been the same — duds or issues with every tool I have bought. I do not even think about that brand any longer.

Orange County, CA

Moze
    Dallas, TX

It’s just funny to me how the tool world works and where peoples loyalties lie. There are people that swear by Milwaukee and have never had an issue and hate (for example) DeWalt. I love my DeWalt stuff, but also don’t put down other brands because I simply don’t have the experience with them. But here I am branching out into Milwaukee and Ryobi and so far they’ve both left a bad taste in my mouth.

I did mess with the Makita stuff a little at Home Depot tonight and really like the way the impact feels in my hand. It fits perfectly.

Anyway, the Milwaukee stuff has already been shipped back. Now I need to figure out something else to get with the refunded money.

Resident Sign Guy

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Milwaukee Response:

Milwaukee Tool North America Jason – Could you send us your contact information in a private message? We would like to discuss the other 2 topics in this video and make sure your buddy feels comfortable using the Hammervac. Phone or email address would be great. Thanks.
    Like · Reply · 30 minutes ago

Milwaukee Tool North America Jason –
    In order to zero out the dust tube to the bit:
    – Push the button prior to pushing the tube…See More
    Like · Reply · 17 hours ago

Joshua Woods Its actually in the manual that came with the tool. The lock is why it seems “Stiff” and the funky sound is from a clogged filter.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Not sure it’s much use sending my contact info. I’ve sent everything back.

For what it’s worth, I tried everything with the lock on the tube, including pushing it prior to adjusting it. I believe I’m doing that in the video as well. It didn’t work.

As far as Joshua’s comment – the lock is not what made the filter box stiff. The filter was hitting on the metal bracket inside the recessed portion of the tool. It left a mark on the filter of both Hammervacs, although the mark on the replacement unit was significantly worse due to pressing against it more.

The filter was brand new – there’s no way it was clogged. The sound was clearly coming from the motor.

Not trying to be a jerk, but Joshua is probably one of these die-hard fan boys that believes Milwaukee can do no wrong.

Thank you for your help Jason, I appreciate it.

Resident Sign Guy

Interesting thread Moze. I find it hard to believe this is user error since I don’t think you are a total amateur 🙂 Oh well, perhaps the new Bosch model (dust collector) will work well?

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Yeah, I mastered the whole “how to push a button” thing like 2 or 3 years ago, so I know it’s not me.

I was trying to find that new Bosch dust collector last night and couldn’t locate it.

I saw it when I was reading over the World of Concrete stuff, and it looks similar to the DeWalt DWH050K: http://www.dewalt.com/tools/hammerdrills–hammers-dust-extraction-systems-dwh050k.aspx

Resident Sign Guy

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’m interested in how that Bosch compares, is it 12v or 18v? I agree Moze, those units both had problems, and yes ‘Joshua’ appears to just be a wall troll and seems to have made some pretty harsh comments to anyone with an issue with a Milwaukee tool on their Facebook. You’re really not missing out by not being on Facebook, I’m often tempted to jump off it.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The Bosch unit has a hose that attaches to a vacuum, so there’s no battery required. The beauty of the DeWalt one that I posted (and the Bosch one that was just released) is you can still easily see where you’re drilling.

Resident Sign Guy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.377 seconds