dcsimg

Milwaukee Festool Clone M12 Multi-Chuck Drill

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Well, this should be interesting. I have no doubt there is a room full of lawyers in a German board room right now looking at this. This will be a killer tool – EU only at first (a second smack to Festool imo). Being on the M12 line up I would say that this is something I would consider, I have a Festool C15 and those chucks really are the thing that sets it apart for me.

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/07/milwaukee-m12-4-in-1-drill-driver-bddxkit-202c/

Hmmm… That is really going to be interesting. I could see picking this up. I only have a few M12 tools, but this would be real handy.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow I really like the 90 degree head. Looks interesting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I haven’t seen this tool before. It would be something I could see a lot of people buying with the 3 heads. Durability would be a question I would have. My guess is we will see it around Christmas time. Thanks for sharing.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Interesting. That offset chuck looks kind of odd. Not sure what the benefits of that would be. I wonder if there are going to be other companies following suit?

That thing looks awesome. I love the m12 line.

Oh man. Makes me a big sad knowing I am pretty much committed to the Bosch 12v line and would love to have it.

It is possible the CSX patent or whatnot could be up -with the recent Fein drills with interchangeable chucks and whatnot. The CSX has been around a while?

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I never thought of the patent issue – that could very well be the case.

Interesting. That offset chuck looks kind of odd. Not sure what the benefits of that would be. I wonder if there are going to be other companies following suit?

It would be for a screw tight to another surface and you wouldn’t strip it out cause of the angle of a normal drill. Least that’s what I’d use it for… 🙂

Really don’t want to buy because I don`t have any other Milwaukee, now if Bosch or Makita would like to come out with one……

Really don’t want to buy because I don`t have any other Milwaukee, now if Bosch or Makita would like to come out with one……

I am definitely in the camp that would buy one if bosch came out with one as well… I am all for monkey-see, monkey-do in this case 🙂 I already have a separate 12v tool for right angle drilling and driving, but it would be nice for it to all be in one tool.

John S

The heads on Festool is really what helps set their drills a part and the electronics in the drill — the electronic chuck is pretty cool.

The CXS is a different model than the C and T series drills Festool offers. The chucks Matt shows are very similar to the C and T style chucks. The CXS only has a right angle chuck and of course the centrotec chuck and regular chuck.

In regards to the offset, it allows you to screw right next to an edge and into a corner with the drill without the chuck banging into the side of the material – it is genious, really and I use it all the time in cabinet and furniture making. That chuck and the right angle have saved me countless times from problem drilling.

I am glad to see that there are more offerings out there…If the Fein offered a right angle I would be very inclined to get one…of course if Bosch came out with something like that I would be all over it too.

Fortunately I am set up for awhile with the green and will not have to worry about it, but I think this is exciting news.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well this is not new for TTI. I find the 90º impact head very useful a lot of the time.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I love that this is making it’s way to main stream market. I can’t wait for the makita or bosch set as well.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Hope Bosch comes out with a product like that.

Maybe the patent did not cover North America.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I take it the middle head in the photo is some kind of gear reduction set-up which would be nice too. This thing just keeps looking better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I still never used a 12v tool. I find it hard to find a need for them that I would carry 18v and 12v on my truck.

I take it the middle head in the photo is some kind of gear reduction set-up which would be nice too. This thing just keeps looking better.

The middle head allows you to reach into a crevice without requiring you to fit any part of the drill into the space – an offset head for screwing in tight quarters

John S

As a thread revival, TIA has a video of this drill in action. Talk about another NAINA item that would be great to have come stateside asap!
    http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/10/milwaukee-m12-bddxkit-202c-4-in-1-drill-driver-video/

John S

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Well this is not new for TTI. I find the 90º impact head very useful a lot of the time.

Seems like you really put the swivel head to use Dirty. Interesting design for sure.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.439 seconds