dcsimg

Milwaukee 2-1/4 Max HP EVS Multi-Base Router Kit

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Today I received the Milwaukee 2-1/4 Max HP EVS BodyGrip Multi-Base Router Kit to use in my table and as a plunge. My first impressions are that I am very pleased with the overall feel, tight tolerances, innovative design and depth control.

I have only had the chance to run about 10 board feet of 2×4 through a dovetail bit and it had no problems at all with that load. It does have a soft start to it is less taxing on the tool and easier to control.

I will go over more details as I get to use the tool more. For now here are some pictures for you guys. Notice how huge the case is!

Have fun making sawdust Jason. I believe you will continue to be pleased with your unit. Is it a lot of work to mount and dismount the router from your table?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Is it a lot of work to mount and dismount the router from your table?

The plate comes off with 4 bolts, the fixed base is held on with 3 machine screws and if I want to drop out the motor and use the plunge base its just a flip of a lever & press of a button.

I had to modify the plate to have a hole for the wrench to work from the top. I have to pick up a new step bit so that I can finish it off because the bits I had weren’t quite wide enough.

Dang that is a monster of a case…. have you toyed with the idea of finding a way to fit that whole router package into an L-3 or 4? Looking forward to hearing more on how this router performs. Wish we could see a side by side of this with teh Bosch 1617 EVSPK

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Dang that is a monster of a case…. have you toyed with the idea of finding a way to fit that whole router package into an L-3 or 4? Looking forward to hearing more on how this router performs. Wish we could see a side by side of this with teh Bosch 1617 EVSPK

I am very confident that I am going to be getting rid of the huge case since i have no use for it to be mobile. I will definitely see if I can get it in a 3 since its just the plunge base and accessories that I need.

I am very confident that I am going to be getting rid of the huge case since i have no use for it to be mobile. I will definitely see if I can get it in a 3 since its just the plunge base and accessories that I need.

Oh yeah that totally sounds doable with just the plunge base. Maybe you could find a way to include router bit storage in the L-3 as well – that would be pretty stinkin slick if you could! Though it would take some creativity I am sure

John S

How do you like the hand-strap so far? To me that is the nicest feature of that router…

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like a beast of a router. It should go well with the table. Where is it made?

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Do you think it would work well with composite decks? I sometimes router radiuses and composites are very dense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy cow that is cool, It’s a little smaller than I thought it would be, Unless you have huge hands. That case is awesome, I’d have a hard time replacing it with an Lbox unless of course you are going to take it out of the shop regularly with a bunch of other Lboxes for stacking. I keep seeing pics of that new router table making me really want one. Congrats on the whole set-up, I think you did good

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

How do you like the hand-strap so far? To me that is the nicest feature of that router…

I love the control feeling you get when your hand is in the strap. It is like an extension of your hand. I wish I did’t have to mount it to my table or I would have kept it as my new fixed base router.

It’s a little smaller than I thought it would be, Unless you have huge hand

I do have some big paws but the router is smaller than the website pictures would lead you to believe. For 2 1/4 hp its just right.

Where is it made?

Probably China… But engineered in Brookfield, WI!

Do you think it would work well with composite decks? I sometimes router radiuses and composites are very dense.

Unfortunately I have no clue but if I get a chance I will give it a run.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Probably China… But engineered in Brookfield, WI!

I think some of the stuff comes out of mexico?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Over the weekend I was using the plunge base with the router and I am really impressed. The operation was smooth and intuitive. The dust collection was near perfect and fit with the standard Bosch 35mm hose.

I ended up drilling a 9/16″ hole for the through table adjustment. I had to remove the dust flange but the hole is often covered by the fence when in operation so its not a big deal.

Awesome! Is the DC for the fixed base if you did not want to put it in a table?

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Awesome! Is the DC for the fixed base if you did not want to put it in a table?

The DC is interchangeable and can be used on the fixed or the plunge base. I will try to get a picture or video of it in action up this week.

staker
    Pro

I have the same router but fixed base only and never pluged it in yet as I am using my older routers that still have the bits in them. Have you had the chance to use it alot?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats an old post too LOL, He still comes around once in a while though. I’ll tag him for ya and see if he happens to come back, I still like that case it came in 🙂 @MKE_Voltage

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have the same kit, its definitely a great router and your right the case is massive.. i tossed the stock case ages ago and picked up a stanley toolbox which is about 30% smaller and can house everything.

i dont use it all that often though but when i do its on my shop made router table for rabbetting out the edge of cape cod wood trim for the exterior of windows and doors in order to allow for nailing flanges.. much faster than making two passes on the table saw

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

staker
    Pro

Thanks for the insight,

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.429 seconds