dcsimg

Milwaukee 18v 2gal shop vac

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  redwood 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Since I bought into the M18 line, I am thinking of getting this small shop vac.

M18™ 2-Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum

The M18™ 2-Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum provides users with a Powerful and Portable Wet/Dry Clean-up tool. A high performance motor creates powerful suction for both wet and dry applications. Its stackable design and organized on-board storage keeps all of the attachments inside the unit for convenient transport and storage. The 0880-20 comes with a flexible hose, crevice tool, utility nozzle, and a certified HEPA filter. With 30+ minutes of run time on a M18™ REDLITHIUM™ HIGH DEMAND™ 9.0 Battery Pack, its ideal for extended spot and area clean up.

Includes:
    (1) 6′ Flexible Hose
    (1) Crevice Tool
    (1) Utility Nozzle
    (1) HEPA Filter

I have 3 other shop vacs of varying sizes, plus a bucket head, all are too round/bulky to fit in the back of my SUV on a permanent basis. I just want a shop vac in the back that is flat and boxy so it can be stacked over or under something else. It will be used exclusively for:

(1) siphoning water off residential supply lines for soldering if water doesn’t stop dripping from higher fixtures.
    (2) connect to dust collection for angle grinders and OMTs on odd cuts to concrete, tiles, grout etc…

The main thing is the square footprint.

Ridgid has a rectangular shop vac too. Higher capacity, corded.

Any other brands offer such a vac? How about one that has a foot print to stack with existing storage systems?

That sounds like a very nice well feature vac for your needs – awesome.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have looked at the Ridgid because of it’s foot print to fit in the van.I have used both and corded Ridgid has more power. For now I will just stick with the 4gl Ridgid I have, the wheels on it are nice.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Since I bought into the M18 line, I am thinking of getting this small shop vac.

Well as you said, you are already in the M18 line then get the cordless vac from Milwaukee.

I have the 18V vacuum from Bosch and like it a lot.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Any other vendor besides Milwaukee and Ridgid makes a rectangular boxy shop vac (corded or cordless)?

Would be nice if Bosch puts one out that is the same size as a L-BOX2 or 3?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

yeah it would have been nice if they would do so, but they purchase the lboxx’s from sortimo. That is probably the reason why they don’t offer something like that.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Makita has the 18volt Xs2 square and with wheels and has HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particulates 0.3 microns and larger.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Nice. Makita makes great tools as well.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Any other vendor besides Milwaukee and Ridgid makes a rectangular boxy shop vac (corded or cordless)?

My son has the Ryobi 3 gal cordless and he likes it. Dewalt also has a 2 gal. cordless only and one thats cordless/corded

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Makita has the 18volt Xs2 square and with wheels and has HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particulates 0.3 microns and larger.

Makita makes some great vacs. That cordless one looks nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Makita makes some great vacs. That cordless one looks nice.

what’s the CFM and runtime on that unit`?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

redwood
    Pro

So, I just received the Rigid Pro pac shop vac. Ordered it from HD, received it in one day.

It’s almost perfect for what I need. Forever, I’ve needed some sort of dust collection for my oscillating spindle sander and router table. They are kind of away from everything else, so I just did without. Saw this in “Tools of the Trade” and it got great reviews. It fits perfectly on the bottom shelf of one of my tables, below the sander and adjacent to the router table. Very compact, the size of a tool box basically. All tools store on board. Plenty of power and loud, but not that loud. Of course the only thing it needs is the option to turn on with my tools automatically. But the switch is a huge rocker switch on the front, so not that big a deal.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

It’s almost perfect for what I need. Forever, I’ve needed some sort of dust collection for my oscillating spindle sander and router table. They are kind of away from everything else, so I just did without. Saw this in “Tools of the Trade” and it got great reviews. It fits perfectly on the bottom shelf of one of my tables, below the sander and adjacent to the router table. Very compact, the size of a tool box basically. All tools store on board. Plenty of power and loud, but not that Gloud. Of course the only thing it needs is the option to turn on with my tools automatically. But the switch is a huge rocker switch on the front, so not that big a deal.

I like your thinking. I am going to keep that unit in mind. A decent price too.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I seriously considered the ProPack before going with the Milwaukee 2G unit.

They are both compact and “boxy” and fits my typical needs. The ProPack is 4.5G but corded, the Milwaukee is 2G but cordless. Both stores the accessories on the unit. Great buy I am glad you like it.

redwood
    Pro

They are both compact and “boxy” and fits my typical needs. The ProPack is 4.5G but cordless, the Milwaukee is 2G but cordless

Well I’m now only in a shop environment, so the cordless feature means a lot less to me. Plus I’m not in the Milwaukee platform of batteries. Doesn’t hurt that the Rigid is much cheaper @ $80.

I’m wondering if that 4.5 gal. capacity includes the huge filter that they fit in there.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.528 seconds