dcsimg

MFT 3

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Job well done! From the pics, the lines look crisp and clean with no visible gaps. What’s the verdict, are you gonna keep the table? Or kijiji it??

Job well done! From the pics, the lines look crisp and clean with no visible gaps. What’s the verdict, are you gonna keep the table? Or kijiji it??

Well I’m still not to pleased with the cost. But I think I’m gonna hang on to it. I feel like it has great potential for the work I tend to do. I do all my built in on site. And having the portability and functionality I think I will be able to get lots of use from it.

Well I’m still not to pleased with the cost. But I think I’m gonna hang on to it. I feel like it has great potential for the work I tend to do. I do all my built in on site. And having the portability and functionality I think I will be able to get lots of use from it.

That is great. Do you use other Festool tools?

Orange County, CA

All wrapped up.

Attachments:

image33.jpeg

image32.jpeg

You had some nice cherry there. Great build! How did you finish it @tylerwalker32? Cherry can be touchy.

All wrapped up.

Attachments:

image33.jpeg

image32.jpeg

You had some nice cherry there. Great build! How did you finish it @tylerwalker32? Cherry can be touchy.

Thank you i was lucky to find the sequenced plywood it really allowed me to achieve a awesome final product. I hadn’t worked with cherry prior to this jobs, i began to notice how touchy it was even from just touching it with my hands. I actually am not finishing it, i don’t have enough experience in applying finishes. I am referring the customer to on of the best finish guys in my area to finish it. I think they are going for a reddish tone, so most likely clear coat.

I really like the concept but couldn’t pull the trigger. Ended up having a local cnc guy run a 4×4 mft top that I put on my knockdown-cutting-table. Using this with Parf dogs make for perfectly square cuts. I also like the larger size.

I really like Dan’s table too! Great design!

Curious how you end up liking the new work table Tyler.

That looks like a great setup Andrew. Was it very expensive to have the top milled on a CNC?

Thanks @woodman_412! I think it was $75 or so. The shop is also the custom cabinet shop we use a ton so I am sure I got a good price!

@tylerwalker32 that mantle looks amazing!! Any crown at the top? We must have pics once the finish is applied

No crown at the top. Customer just wanted a 1″ reveal. I will get some pictures on the finish gets done.

Ok..no I see it. I kinda like the reveal. Something different for sure.

You said you hands left some marks on the cherry, did they sand out?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I really like the concept but couldn’t pull the trigger. Ended up having a local cnc guy run a 4×4 mft top that I put on my knockdown-cutting-table. Using this with Parf dogs make for perfectly square cuts. I also like the larger size.

I really like Dan’s table too! Great design!

Curious how you end up liking the new work table Tyler.

That looks like a great setup Andrew. Was it very expensive to have the top milled on a CNC?

Thanks @woodman_412! I think it was $75 or so. The shop is also the custom cabinet shop we use a ton so I am sure I got a good price!

@tylerwalker32 that mantle looks amazing!! Any crown at the top? We must have pics once the finish is applied

No crown at the top. Customer just wanted a 1″ reveal. I will get some pictures on the finish gets done.

Ok..no I see it. I kinda like the reveal. Something different for sure.

You said you hands left some marks on the cherry, did they sand out?

Luckily i noticed them when i was first moving the sheets around and was able to work around them, after than i began wearing gloves.

I wondered if gloves would be the solution. Crazy that the oils from you hands can stain it. Is it more a problem with veneers or all cherry?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No crown at the top. Customer just wanted a 1″ reveal.

Over here we call that a gecko shelf. They hang up there and do their calling and pooping and all kinds of funny stuff.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wish I had taken a picture of my shop I had setup in the carport at the house.

I would have loved to see your mobile shop setup!

I wish I had taken a picture of my shop I had setup in the carport at the house.

I would have loved to see your mobile shop setup!

When i have another job come up i will get some pictures of my setup and get them on here.

Lance
    Pro

For anyone interested, I’ve stumbled across this before when watching videos of the MFT in action. I don’t know the prices from personal experience, but one of the posters mentioned $150 to have a CNC shop mill this for you.

http://www.multifunctionslab.com/store/p1/MULTI__FUNCTION%C2%A0__SLAB_%C2%A0CAD_%C2%A0DRAWING.html

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For anyone interested, I’ve stumbled across this before when watching videos of the MFT in action. I don’t know the prices from personal experience, but one of the posters mentioned $150 to have a CNC shop mill this for you.

http://www.multifunctionslab.com/store/p1/MULTI__FUNCTION%C2%A0__SLAB_%C2%A0CAD_%C2%A0DRAWING.html

That is a nice work top and it has come up on other thread here.
    Oh Welcome to the forum.

Doobie

I always felt I could make my own replacement when the time comes. Won’t be for a long time, as I baby mine.

Just got final pictures today and thought you guy might like to see the fireplace all finished.

Attachments:
    yellaD
    Pro

Sweet! It was cherry, right? How was the fingerprint issue? Are u still in love with the MFT/3?

Yes it’s all cherry. Fingerprints weren’t a problem. My customer chose to use one of the best finish guys in the area and he killed it. As for the MFT I like it pretty good, been able to start using it more. It’s a great size for the daily setup.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just got final pictures today and thought you guy might like to see the fireplace all finished.

Man did that come out nice. Excellent work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is really nice work, @tylerwalker32. It came out great!

Orange County, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

That fireplace looks amazing. Great Job Tyler.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.285 seconds