dcsimg

Metalworking Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 379 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/B2DBPGiZb6E?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That was interesting video.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/u_f3hQqNM6Q?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I really like this video.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice beginning balcksmithing video, Peter. Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Getting lots of good ideas here, great video’s.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Getting lots of good ideas here, great video’s.

I’m loving the videos too. Some great ideas indeed.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/u_f3hQqNM6Q?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I have an anvil I made from a piece of RR track that looks just like the one in the video.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have an anvil I made from a piece of RR track that looks just like the one in the video.

I’ve always wanted a RR track anvil, just haven’t come across the piece of track to make one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I’ve always wanted a RR track anvil, just haven’t come across the piece of track to make one.

I had one of those years ago; I think it’s time I found another.

There is a welding/fabricating shop nearby that does a lot of repairs to farming equipment. I think I will ask him to cut a piece for me. A little anvil like that is handy for so many things in a shop.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I had one of those years ago; I think it’s time I found another.

There is a welding/fabricating shop nearby that does a lot of repairs to farming equipment. I think I will ask him to cut a piece for me. A little anvil like that is handy for so many things in a shop.

I do have a small piece of RR track. I found out in my Grandpa’s barn. I think he used as a anvil. I am planning doing something with it.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I do have a small piece of RR track. I found out in my Grandpa’s barn. I think he used as a anvil. I am planning doing something with it.

Making an anvil is a good choice. Lots of YouTube videos for ideas

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I only have a passing familiarity with metallurgy so maybe someone else can chime in here too.

If you are using a piece of RR track as an anvil you may want to heat it up to a straw yellow and quench it. Particularly if it is a used piece. Metal fatigues over time and becomes brittle (hardens) so it needs to be drawn back. Sure beats a chunk flying off and hitting you while you’re beating on it. The same goes for fork lift forks and chain chokers. There is a standard period in industry for those to be inspected for work hardening.

Not sure if it has to be fully annealed and re-tempered, I think they just draw them back a bit to take out the work hardening, but I could be mistaken on that (dang memory) though.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Making an anvil is a good choice. Lots of YouTube videos for ideas

It is a cheaper way as anvil are pretty pricey. I have watched a few YT videos on making one.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Like that drill press fence, nice find.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Like that drill press fence, nice find.

Yes I like the changes to the fence and like the flip stop he made.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/I-mZPWXhdc4?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

He has had his problems with that stop. Looks like the design is working very well now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes he has had some problems with that stop. You right it does look like that design is working better. I think this is why he got the milling machine.

Greg

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.864 seconds