dcsimg

Metal work questions

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

those chop saws are nice

This one was a slider

Attachments:
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Weather gave me an opportunity to pull the welder out into the yard and attach the rest of the flowers/leaves to the deck gate and then mounted it to the existing gate.
    Will be taking it down as soon as the better half decides what color she wants it painted for weather protection.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Attachments:

Weather gave me an opportunity to pull the welder out into the yard and attach the rest of the flowers/leaves to the deck gate and then mounted it to the existing gate.

Will be taking it down as soon as the better half decides what color she wants it painted for weather protection.

Wow that’s looking very nice , going to give some nice sparkling with those stones 👍

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I’d varnish them instead of colors.
    They’re looking great as they are right now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Weather gave me an opportunity to pull the welder out into the yard and attach the rest of the flowers/leaves to the deck gate

Man did that come out nice. Very nice work. It looks great as it is.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

MTRoads
    Pro

Wife and I discussed the options, it was decided to go with a flat black to give it a wrought-iron look.
    Picked up a small sandblast unit from HF today, so maybe this weekend I can get it sandblasted and painted – should stand out a lot better against the wooden part of the gate.

Thanks for the kind works, I learned a lot from this project. From welding to shaping sheet metal with hammers to how to bandage a smashed thumb.

Stan

Wife and I discussed the options, it was decided to go with a flat black to give it a wrought-iron look.

Picked up a small sandblast unit from HF today, so maybe this weekend I can get it sandblasted and painted – should stand out a lot better against the wooden part of the gate.

Thanks for the kind works, I learned a lot from this project. From welding to shaping sheet metal with hammers to how to bandage a smashed thumb.

Hahaha yeah you’re welcome , it’s been a fun project and even learning session for most of us ,
    I’m just glad it’s not my thumb LoL

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The wrought iron look will look nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

And this project is finished. A good amount of learning as far as the welding goes. Next project will be significantly different as long as I can get a 220 outlet installed.

Stan

Attachments:
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

And this project is finished. A good amount of learning as far as the welding goes. Next project will be significantly different as long as I can get a 220 outlet installed.

That’s a good looking gate.
    The wood is treated somehow?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

And this project is finished.

Great looking gate. That project came out really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks great , I think it’s a good idea painting it black. Really stands out. Nice work.

Wow, that’s cool. A work of art indeed.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro

Thanks for the comments. It was a lot of fun learning to weld with a project like this. Burned holes through in a few places – but that gave me the opportunity to learn how to fill in holes.

@sorpa – well, the wood on the gate was stained about 8 years ago if that counts.. 🙂

@boschmanbrian yeah, the wife finally agreed to the black paint, which does help it stand out a bit more.

Stan

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It was a lot of fun learning to weld with a project like this. Burned holes through in a few places – but that gave me the opportunity to learn how to fill in holes.

LOL yep that’s the way to learn alright.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

Next project is welding a new hitch on the boat trailer. A bit more intense but we’ll see how things go.

Stan

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Next project is welding a new hitch on the boat trailer. A bit more intense but we’ll see how things go.

You have to be very careful with that.
    It’s a whole different domain that involves your safety and the safety of the others on the road.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sounds like a good deal. Just make sure the welds are sound.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

Looks like a post got lost here. The hitch I am planning on putting on will primarily be mounted with bolts, the welding will just be ‘added’.

Stan

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a post got lost here. The hitch I am planning on putting on will primarily be mounted with bolts, the welding will just be ‘added’.

Good deal. Sounds like a nice project.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.669 seconds