dcsimg

Metal work questions

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Have shot more rounds with a pistol in the last 3 weekends than probably the last 50 years.

That’s a lot of shooting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Have shot more rounds with a pistol in the last 3 weekends than probably the last 50 years.

That’s a lot of shooting.

Not really, I’ve just never been that much of a pistol shooter before.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

MTRoads
    Pro

Overall the dueling tree has taken somewhere in the neighborhood of 1600 rounds of .22 rimfire, with not a single blemish in the steel. (Been repainted 4 times so far though). 🙂
    Think it is about time to get some AR500 plates for larger caliber plinking fun.

Stan

Overall the dueling tree has taken somewhere in the neighborhood of 1600 rounds of .22 rimfire, with not a single blemish in the steel. (Been repainted 4 times so far though). 🙂

Think it is about time to get some AR500 plates for larger caliber plinking fun.

Wow , how far away from the targets are you approximately , and what’s the thickness of the plates again , I assume you have it set up in the field someplace when in use.
    👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I always enjoyed doing this with my Dad at the gun range when I was younger. Miss going to the gun range.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

MTRoads
    Pro

Wow , how far away from the targets are you approximately , and what’s the thickness of the plates again , I assume you have it set up in the field someplace when in use.

👍

With pistols we are about 10 yards away. The plates in use now are 1/4″ thick, and yes – we take the tree out to a local spot set up for activities like this.

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

I always enjoyed doing this with my Dad at the gun range when I was younger. Miss going to the gun range.

Agreed, we are kind of turning this into a ‘family and friends’ weekend activity. 🙂

Stan

👍

With pistols we are about 10 yards away. The plates in use now are 1/4″ thick, and yes – we take the tree out to a local spot set up for activities like this.

Wow , that’s pretty cool , if I was trying to hit them , they’d still be new lol
    I doubt I’d even hit one lol
    Sounds like you are really enjoying them 👌👍 that’s a decent thickness for sure.

MTRoads
    Pro

@boschmanbrian, I’m thinking about the 3/8″ plates for this tree as I am not sure that 1/2″ plates would flip from one side to the other very well when hit.
    I have an idea on using thick wall tubing as the pivot point for the plates rather than the two welded in tabs with a hole drilled in the center.
    That’s the nice thing about building your own, having the option to change things up as you have new ideas. 🙂

Stan

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.380 seconds