dcsimg

Metabo grinders

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Sprokitz 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have the need for a larger grinder (have a 4.5 Bosch 8Amp) and I’m looking at a Metabo. The w24-180 specifically. It’s a 15 amp 7 inch model. I’ll be using it to score a slab before chipping out a fair amount of concrete for a sewage grinder pump install.

At around $250, I’m wondering if this grinder is worth the coin? Will it live up to the hype of a high end grinder? Does anyone have experience with this model or something similar?

Thanks!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have another Metabo product and it is very nice. Metabo has a reputation for building great rotating tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It’s good to hear from another owner. I could buy a cheaper Hitachi, but I’m inclined to pick up a quality unit given the amount of power and rpms involved. Makes me nervous to cheap out with something like this.

Jon P.
    Instagram

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Have done a lot of work at a welder’s home and he talks non stop about his Metabo grinders. This guy is the best welder I know so I would have faith in his assessment. For what it is worth….

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

We used a Metabo when we were removing the final film of sealant off windows as well as other brands. The Metabo really handled the constant 12 hrs shifts but it’s cost stopped our Boss from buying more. He would rather the others burned out and were replaced. I would say Metabo is a great brand.

A Bosch grinder was not used

A Working Pro since 2004

I have heard great things about Metabo too. I did some preliminary research before Bosch was added to the list and Metabo came up on top on most searches I did. That and the Fein seem to be two very highly regarded machines. A 7 inch machine is going to be a brute…

Orange County, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

We used a Metabo when we were removing the final film of sealant off windows as well as other brands. The Metabo really handled the constant 12 hrs shifts but it’s cost stopped our Boss from buying more. He would rather the others burned out and were replaced. I would say Metabo is a great brand.

Bosch grinder was not used in this test

@bethepro please delete

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@bethepro please delete

Why? This is an open forum. I realize that Bosch is a big sponsor, but they simply don’t make the best of everything. As a professional, I want the best that I can afford and if that happens to be a Bosch (and it often is) then great. If not, so be it.

Am I jumping to conclusions here or was some rule broken?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Am I missing something. Thought the statement was simply that they were not included in the test.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I guess I took the comment as we shouldn’t address the issue unless the Bosch is a main player.

In this case, it sounds like the testimony that the Metabo is a great option comes with the qualifier that it wasn’t directly compared to the Bosch.

Again, I realize Bosch sponsors the forum, but in the interest of honesty, I have to say that it irritates me to read things like this.

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Agreed the Metabo grinder are know to be very good.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@bethepro please delete

There is no reason to delete the post. Bosch, DeWalt, Metabo, it doesn’t matter. This is a professional forum for us to talk about everything we like/dislike. If there is a tool that is better than Bosch, it gives them something to strive for. I think the offering here on BTP rewards now with grinders is great, but it doesn’t mean they are the best and have no room for improvement. That would be silly.

Yes…I think it is perfectly acceptable to talk about all brands of tools and give insight and experience. No one tool company is the end all be all.

Orange County, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@bethepro please delete

There is no reason to delete the post. Bosch, DeWalt, Metabo, it doesn’t matter. This is a professional forum for us to talk about everything we like/dislike. If there is a tool that is better than Bosch, it gives them something to strive for. I think the offering here on BTP rewards now with grinders is great, but it doesn’t mean they are the best and have no room for improvement. That would be silly.

Couldn’t agree more.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I no personal experience, but I’ve never heard anything negative about Metabo grinders or drills

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.548 seconds