dcsimg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

The Turkey was still frozen so we put off Christmas dinner until tomorrow. No rush as there isn’t much going on for us on Boxing day.

Merry Christmas, and if you are out and about make sure to stop in for some of the other spirits as well.

Last night and this morning were for wife and sons, now I;m on me time

I’m with you. Enjoy your Christmas!

A Working Pro since 2004

woodman_412

Hope everyone had a great day! We had a really nice day with the girls and extended family. Like I mentioned yesterday it really meant a lot to us to have everyone healthy this year and have both of our daughters enjoy the day to the fullest. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year as well!

Dan

danpattison.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

merry christmas to everyone. off to another great year

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all had a great day with family and friends.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Merry Christmas, and if you are out and about make sure to stop in for some of the other spirits as well.

Santa, is that you

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Well it certainly was a good Christmas. The kids got what they wanted and were happy (I hope).
    @r-ice got a bluetooth thermometer with a couple of probes and it came in handy while cooking the turkey. No dry turkey this year, just way too much food.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well it certainly was a good Christmas. The kids got what they wanted and were happy (I hope).
    @r-ice got a bluetooth thermometer with a couple of probes and it came in handy while cooking the turkey. No dry turkey this year, just way too much food.

thanks for the bluetooth thermometer and it worked perfectly, i think it is better than the one I originally had.

The Turkey was still frozen so we put off Christmas dinner until tomorrow. No rush as there isn’t much going on for us on Boxing day.

chris you didn’t brine it? it makes it thaw out much faster.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Merry Christmas to all. It’s past the 25th and we still have two gatherings to go! Handing out more cutting boards today!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I am a bit late but Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year 🙂

Will

As am I. All the best to you and yours!

Joyeux Noel mes chers amis!

KenW
    Pro

Merry Christmas to all. It’s past the 25th and we still have two gatherings to go! Handing out more cutting boards today!

Great gift idea. Did you make end grain cutting boards?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

thanks for the bluetooth thermometer and it worked perfectly, i think it is better than the one I originally had.

chris you didn’t brine it? it makes it thaw out much faster.

Shoot, no we didn’t. We do stuffing on the side though and stuff the turkey will full stalks of celery, carrots, fresh thyme/rosemary/sage and 2 halves of lemon. We don’t eat the inside veggies it’s just to keep the bird moist. We also stuff butter with herbs all under the skin. I heard apple cider vinegar is good to add around the roast with the drippings when cooking? What do you ya think, sneak some in when Carolyn’s not looking. haha

A Working Pro since 2004

Shoot, no we didn’t. We do stuffing on the side though and stuff the turkey will full stalks of celery, carrots, fresh thyme/rosemary/sage and 2 halves of lemon. We don’t eat the inside veggies it’s just to keep the bird moist. We also stuff butter with herbs all under the skin. I heard apple cider vinegar is good to add around the roast with the drippings when cooking? What do you ya think, sneak some in when Carolyn’s not looking. haha

I do the alton brown aromatic mix. Apple, onion, cinnamon, thyme, and sage. Makes for a lovely flavour.

Apple Vinegar would be nice, so long as it isnt touching the meat. You want to avoid acid on it, but the vapour will infuse a nice taste.

We made two 11lb birds yesterday, and a slow cooker of dressing. All 12 guests were happy and well fed

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I do the alton brown aromatic mix. Apple, onion, cinnamon, thyme, and sage. Makes for a lovely flavour.

Apple Vinegar would be nice, so long as it isnt touching the meat. You want to avoid acid on it, but the vapour will infuse a nice taste.

We made two 11lb birds yesterday, and a slow cooker of dressing. All 12 guests were happy and well fed

I second the alton brown aromatics. I do approximately the same depending on who is showing up. If they are more adventurous i throw in new things i want to try hahaha i haven’t had any that tasted toooo offf. really I should try it on smaller pieces like the turkey breast I could buy at m and m’s

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Our big family gathering was yesterday (Boxing Day). 19 people, 14′ dining table, 24 lb turkey, tourtiere, ragout and all the trimmings. Daughter in laws folks were here from Tennessee; their first French-Canadian Christmas. The grandkids has a blast.
    I need a nap…

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Our big family gathering was yesterday (Boxing Day). 19 people, 14′ dining table, 24 lb turkey, tourtiere, ragout and all the trimmings. Daughter in laws folks were here from Tennessee; their first French-Canadian Christmas. The grandkids has a blast.
    I need a nap…

Nice. We made our tourtiere this year too early. None left by christmas, but we will make more for the new years day feast

Did you guys do the reveillon on the 24th?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I need a nap…

Nice. We made our tourtiere this year too early. None left by christmas, but we will make more for the new years day feast

Did you guys do the reveillon on the 24th?

Oh, that’s too bad. We still have a couple in the freezer from the 20 we made. We sent all the kids home with 2 or 3 each but the ragout is all gone.

Midnight mass was at 7 PM. We just couldn’t wait to do Reveillon. It was just my wife and I Christmas eve anyway. Big change from when we lived up north. Midnight mass there was at midnight and everyone partied til dawn.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

lulu
    Pro

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May God bless y’all. been super busy so i havent been able to get on. May the new year bring plenty work and happiness.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! I am late but still wanted to get it in. Hope everyone got all the sweet tools they could ask for.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Not to start another similar thread.

Anyone have an exciting plans for new years eve

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.466 seconds