dcsimg

Mechanics Tool Chest

This topic contains 127 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  hojo04 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I looked a few Tool chest today at Lowes & Canadian Tire the other. I am not in the market for one right yet. But was just what they looked like.

since you are in Canada, another good place to look is costco as they have some great deals through out the year.

Anyone have thoughts on the new Milwaukee tool chest reviews . Wonder how they are holding up for you and were they are breaking down .

Mine has been great! I loaded it up and the drawer slides actually got smoother with the weight of the tools in them. The red paint is also surprisingly easy to clean when it gets dirty. No complaints so far.

After the move, because i took the drawers out and put them back in, i must of misaligned them putting them back in so they are slightly rough heh.

I will keep this in mine. I have as Costco about 1 hour away from me. I don’t there very often. The wife does all the shopping at Costco.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Clev08
    Pro

I looked a few Tool chest today at Lowes & Canadian Tire the other. I am not in the market for one right yet. But was just what they looked like.

since you are in Canada, another good place to look is costco as they have some great deals through out the year.

Anyone have thoughts on the new Milwaukee tool chest reviews . Wonder how they are holding up for you and were they are breaking down .

Mine has been great! I loaded it up and the drawer slides actually got smoother with the weight of the tools in them. The red paint is also surprisingly easy to clean when it gets dirty. No complaints so far.

After the move, because i took the drawers out and put them back in, i must of misaligned them putting them back in so they are slightly rough heh.

@r-ice I’m going to guess some of the ball bearings fell out when you removed the drawers. I learned that lesson with a filling cabinet that I took apart to move, ball bearings everywhere…

Doobie
    Pro

I looked at Costco online. Nothing really jumped out at me. Like I said earlier when I rebooted this old thread, I’m likely just getting my head wrapped around tool chests and waiting and looking for a sweet clearance deal of sorts. Costco doesn’t really do sharp clearance price drops, but on occasion they will have a new entrant with a wicked initial price on getting their foot in the Costco door so to speak. Maybe that’ll be my ticket. Thing I do like about Costco if something turns out to be crap, even a couple of years down the road, they’ll refund your money.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Like I said earlier when I rebooted this old thread, I’m likely just getting my head wrapped around tool chests and waiting and looking for a sweet clearance deal of sorts

Dollar for dollar nothing beats the ITB toolboxes. Their prices are lower than most other company’s sale prices and include free shipping.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I looked at Costco online. Nothing really jumped out at me. Like I said earlier when I rebooted this old thread, I’m likely just getting my head wrapped around tool chests and waiting and looking for a sweet clearance deal of sorts. Costco doesn’t really do sharp clearance price drops, but on occasion they will have a new entrant with a wicked initial price on getting their foot in the Costco door so to speak. Maybe that’ll be my ticket. Thing I do like about Costco if something turns out to be crap, even a couple of years down the road, they’ll refund your money.

So true about Costco, they are great for warranty and returns,

A few years back, they had a few nice tool boxes, I should have bought the ones I saw, they were low boys and with a nice wood top, stainless steel cabinets and nice Castors,
    Oh well, you win some and you loose some lol

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

A few years back, they had a few nice tool boxes, I should have bought the ones I saw, they were low boys and with a nice wood top, stainless steel cabinets and nice Castors,

Yup. Sometimes if you see some3you better get get cause you don’t know when it’s gone or see it again.

Doobie
    Pro

I think I recall those. In retrospect, stainless steel would look slick. Unfortunately, i wouldn’t have had the room back then.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice I’m going to guess some of the ball bearings fell out when you removed the drawers. I learned that lesson with a filling cabinet that I took apart to move, ball bearings everywhere…

I don’t think so, but i haven’t had the time to double check em, i think i didn’t put them back on the track quite properly. Just a ton of house work before i can tackle the workshop.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I think I remember seeing those also. That would be great to have in the shop as cabinet. I guess you are you win some and lose some. I think we have all been there once or twice.

Greg

I like mine. Haven’t noticed anything wearing funny or breaking down.

Thanks for the feed back from a user .

Yeah I was thinking that to with the weight would it side easy on the glides . Thanks for the feed back .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie
    Pro

Old Thread Warning.

Finally came accross a cheapo tool chest that I felt would do what I needed at a price point on clearance that I was happy with after further price negotiations.

It needed some mods/fixes as a floor model, but I can’t complain at $180. Husky really doesn’t impress me in this tool category, but I don’t mind at all at this price. It’s something that I’d gladly give away should I find I’m really disatisfied with it ultimately or simply don’t want any longer as my shed organization issues mature over time and I resort to other alternatives.

Some of my previous posts in regards to Husky in this thread from before for reference purposes.

The Husky HD house brand seems alright but I just saw an unflattering review comparing it to the Yukon HF comparable model linked in another thread on BTP this past week, and I cannot find this Yukon brand, or simply don’t know its rebadged name, up here in Canada.

I’m a bit leery of the Husky ones they have. Someelements seem real cheap upon my quicky first inspection. Typically Husky isn’t bad, but with these tool cabs, I’m not so sure.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Finally came accross a cheapo tool chest that I felt would do what I needed at a price point on clearance that I was happy with after further price negotiations.

Really good deal at $180. Looks like you scored a winner. Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Old Thread Warning.

Man that looks like a hellalot nice tool cart. I think that Husky brand has really stepped up as of late.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@doobie congrats Kevin, that’s a nice box, and especially for the price you paid. I assume it will stay in the shed?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Old Thread Warning.

It needed some mods/fixes as a floor model, but I can’t complain at $180. Husky really doesn’t impress me in this tool category, but I don’t mind at all at this price. It’s something that I’d gladly give away should I find I’m really disatisfied with it ultimately or simply don’t want any longer as my shed organization issues mature over time and I resort to other alternatives.

Some of my previous posts in regards to Husky in this thread from before for reference purposes.

The Husky HD house brand seems alright but I just saw an unflattering review comparing it to the Yukon HF comparable model linked in another thread on BTP this past week, and I cannot find this Yukon brand, or simply don’t know its rebadged name, up here in Canada.

I’m a bit leery of the Husky ones they have. Someelements seem real cheap upon my quicky first inspection. Typically Husky isn’t bad, but with these tool cabs, I’m not so sure.

That is a nice tool box Kevin. It was good price you got for. I would like to get a tool box like that some day.

Greg

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Old Thread Warning.

interesting how did you score them for 180? i thought these were still up around 228 or so.

Doobie
    Pro

interesting how did you score them for 180? i thought these were still up around 228 or so.

Hiked up my Blakläder work kilt a bit…..showed off a bit of leg, and made an offer basically. Lol!

I initially started at $150, manager countered at $200. Settled at $180. The trick is to first, get the right manager – some are real stingy, I knew from past experience this guy isn’t, second, never look like you actually really want it. An air of indiference is usually your best negotiation tool.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Going to have to take you shopping with me Doobie! ha
    That looks like a nice box. I have been sorta looking around for one.
    I already have 3 bottoms and 2 top boxes. I think I need something with deep drawers for bigger items.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Hiked up my Blakläder work kilt a bit…..showed off a bit of leg, and made an offer basically. Lol!

I initially started at $150, manager countered at $200. Settled at $180. The trick is to first, get the right manager – some are real stingy, I knew from past experience this guy isn’t, second, never look like you actually really want it. An air of indiference is usually your best negotiation tool.

I guess first stop is to get the kilt lol. next time im in your part of town, ill call you and we will go wrangle up some deals. I just bought the costco version for double the price.

Doobie
    Pro

I guess first stop is to get the kilt lol

Don’t laugh, I actually really like the kilt now that I have one. Great if your doin a lot of squating work or on super hot summer days. I have no issue wearing it now workin around my property. As for wearing it on a trip to HD, now that I’m not there yet.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.577 seconds