dcsimg

Mechanical lubricant

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Other than the brutal dust you dont have to worry about moisture and treating end cuts. Ground contact and no swelling plus can be painted dark colors.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

On the other hand, you could just get a crappy table saw like I have where there is so much slop between the threads that they just will not get clogged. 🙂

That is also an option, maybe that is why the clearances are big to allow so that they won’t clog with dust?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I use one of those teflon/wax lubricants they use for motorcycle chains when I need a lube that won’t attract any crud onto the surface. Otherwise on my own 4100 with dust control modifications I’ve avoided dust buildup since I’ve improved dust extraction beneath the table.

They should use that in the factory since most tools create some form of dust. I can always tell that surfaces have lubricant on them because of the dust that sticks to it.

Yeah I originally had fairly bad dust buildup on the threaded rods but after blocking off some of the center area where the motor and arbor slides through I’ve seen very little dust buildup on the threaded rods. It probably helps that I changed the lubricant but I would really attest that it was the better DC. Haven’t seen the inside of the REAXX yet but I’m hearing good things about the DC on it. The 4100 is pretty bad because of the wide open gaps beneath that let all the dust out right below the table.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I use one of those teflon/wax lubricants they use for motorcycle chains when I need a lube that won’t attract any crud onto the surface. Otherwise on my own 4100 with dust control modifications I’ve avoided dust buildup since I’ve improved dust extraction beneath the table.

They should use that in the factory since most tools create some form of dust. I can always tell that surfaces have lubricant on them because of the dust that sticks to it.

Yeah I originally had fairly bad dust buildup on the threaded rods but after blocking off some of the center area where the motor and arbor slides through I’ve seen very little dust buildup on the threaded rods. It probably helps that I changed the lubricant but I would really attest that it was the better DC. Haven’t seen the inside of the REAXX yet but I’m hearing good things about the DC on it. The 4100 is pretty bad because of the wide open gaps beneath that let all the dust out right below the table.

I keep asking ones that are reviewing saws to review the dust collection on the reaxx and havent heard anything about it. If it is noticeably better than the 4100 I will definitely eventually get one.

I’d get the REAXX in the future to replace or augment the 4100 (Less of having to switch blades with two tablesaws) if the DC is genuinely improved. Right now I’m pretty happy with the 4100 with the improved DC but it seems the REAXX has a bit more power than the 4100. I’m still wondering where the extending support is on the left side and if the REAXX has a motor brake to slow down the blade a little faster when you power it off.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

depending on your application I like Bostik topcote, bladecote and bearing lube

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

depending on your application I like Bostik topcote, bladecote and bearing lube

Daniel Thank you for the info. After reading about the products I really think I may have a use for them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

So the plastic handle on the DW745 broke fighting the dust resistance lowering and lifting the blade.

The boral must have gotten inside the aluminum housing that the threaded rod passes through. I have been soaking the rod but it still has sticking points. The rod looks clean, even used a small wire brush to clear debris. Its under pressure and going to screw up the replacement handle.

Right now I have it soaking in PB Blaster, I may have to disassemble the mechanical moving parts to get in the nooks and crannies better.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So the plastic handle on the DW745 broke fighting the dust resistance lowering and lifting the blade.

The boral must have gotten inside the aluminum housing that the threaded rod passes through. I have been soaking the rod but it still has sticking points. The rod looks clean, even used a small wire brush to clear debris. Its under pressure and going to screw up the replacement handle.

Right now I have it soaking in PB Blaster, I may have to disassemble the mechanical moving parts to get in the nooks and crannies better.

Well that sucks,, Yea that’s how you know it’s plugged up. I have snapped handles too. I guess that’s why E-replacements sells new ones.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Yeah lucky for me I have a Dewalt service center in town. The part was cheap.

The guy is like…..”you really need to lubricate or blow off the road once in a while”. Lol no kidding

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I like to blow out a few tools from time to time. This is really important on my drywall gun and router. I find it a good practice on my metal cutting tools as well “be sure to wear safety glasses

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Ah man that realy stinks. Hopefully that part is cheap. I wonder why more of those parts arnt metal though.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yeah lucky for me I have a Dewalt service center in town. The part was cheap.

The guy is like…..”you really need to lubricate or blow off the road once in a while”. Lol no kidding

Maybe they should isolate the gears a bit better and they wouldn’t get so gummed up!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.362 seconds