dcsimg

Martinez Hammers

This topic contains 48 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro

Just received an M4 today. Hope to be able to try it out soon.

Out local WoodCraft store just got the Martinez hammer line in. It looks like he is in with Occidental Leather on this one. They have Occidental tags on them.

Mine came with an Occidental product tag on it. I guess that Occidental is acting as a distributor for Martinez.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Out local WoodCraft store just got the Martinez hammer line in. It looks like he is in with Occidental Leather on this one. They have Occidental tags on them.

Mine came with an Occidental product tag on it. I guess that Occidental is acting as a distributor for Martinez.

Congratulations Kevin, it’s definitely a nice looking hammer, looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

Doobie
    Pro

Congratulations Kevin, it’s definitely a nice looking hammer, looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

I know my arm will be thanking me, but man is it ever pricey for a good hammer.

I wasn’t sure if I’d also want the heavier 15 oz model versus this 12 oz model, but I don’t think I will. Pretty sure this one will do me just fine.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I know my arm will be thanking me, but man is it ever pricey for a good hammer.

I wasn’t sure if I’d also want the heavier 15 oz model versus this 12 oz model, but I don’t think I will. Pretty sure this one will do me just fine.

It’s funny how when we are younger, we buy tools that are lower in price to save some cash,
    But as we get older and wiser we generally buy tools that help make the job and body feel better lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

man you musta had a good year$$$$$

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

I can’t complain. It is a bumper crop this year so far for me.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I can’t complain. It is a bumper crop this year so far for me.

So I see a tag hanging from it still. I want to know how it feels when you use it. C’mon, you got it yesterday.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ve got the Martinez M4, with curved handle and dimpled face. Absolutely the best hammer I’ve ever owned. I use it about as much for demolition work as I do pounding nails, it’s one tough tool! I paid $225 for mine, have they gone up since?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve got the Martinez M4, with curved handle and dimpled face. Absolutely the best hammer I’ve ever owned. I use it about as much for demolition work as I do pounding nails, it’s one tough tool! I paid $225 for mine, have they gone up since?

Looks like they are still that price Brian.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

That first pic is before I ever used it. It doesn’t look so new anymore. I really like that side nail puller, it’s amazing how much more leverage you get.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I paid $225 for mine, have they gone up since?

They are in WoodCraft store for 169$$ here,, screw them.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

Is that for the wood handled model? I kinda got the impression everywhere sold it at the same price, just like Festool stuff.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Is that for the wood handled model? I kinda got the impression everywhere sold it at the same price, just like Festool stuff.

In his original thread starting post @dirtywhiteboy said they were $269 at his Woodcraft store, I think the 169 was a typo.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

In his original thread starting post @dirtywhiteboy said they were $269 at his Woodcraft store, I think the 169 was a typo.

And that $US price corresponds closely to the $CDN329 advertised here.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

$350 tax included from atlasmachinery for a 12 oz hammer.
    I bought a 13″ Dewalt planer for $599. I just ordered a 20V, 18 gauge Dewalt nailer from the same company. $297 tax included. A bit cheaper than the hammer.

I can’t afford to pay that money for a hammer. I must be too cheap. Or poor. Or I have different priorities. I doubt there is any other possibility.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

$CDN329 advertised here.

That price is more then what I would pay for a hammer. But if I used everyday as tool I needed to make a living I would most likely buy one.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie
    Pro

$350 tax included from atlasmachinery for a 12 oz hammer.

I bought a 13″ Dewalt planer for $599. I just ordered a 20V, 18 gauge Dewalt nailer from the same company. $297 tax included. A bit cheaper than the hammer.

I can’t afford to pay that money for a hammer. I must be too cheap. Or poor. Or I have different priorities. I doubt there is any other possibility.

Sorin, it is about priorities for me. I’m at the point in life where spending money on something that can save me pain is important to me.

There are situations where a nailer can’t be used in lieu of a hammer. I consider this hammer as my manual nailer that just like a pneumatic one won’t kill my arm like a regular hammer. What did I pay for it…..the same relative price as a framing nailer. That’s my perspective on it. FWIW.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Kevin I’m not even trying or dare to question you or somebody else about how you spend your money.
    It’s not respectful and and frankly, I don’t care.
    I’m trying to say that for me there is no value in that hammer.
    A 12 oz ( 14, 16 etc ) titanium body and steel head hammer will do exactly the same job as a same shape ( probably patented that side nail puller ) no name steel hammer. There is no magic in it. Kinetic energy will have the same formula. It won’t hit as a 20oz hammer ( as the advertising says ) unless you swing it faster.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Kevin I’m not even trying or dare to question you or somebody else about how you spend your money.
    It’s not respectful and and frankly, I don’t care.
    I’m trying to say that for me there is no value in that hammer.
    A 12 oz ( 14, 16 etc ) titanium body and steel head hammer will do exactly the same job as a same shape ( probably patented that side nail puller ) no name steel hammer. There is no magic in it. Kinetic energy will have the same formula. It won’t hit as a 20oz hammer ( as the advertising says ) unless you swing it faster.

You gotta pay to play

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the 169 was a typo.

Yes,, sorry bout that typo ,, 269$

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.609 seconds