dcsimg

Martinez Hammers

This topic contains 48 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Out local WoodCraft store just got the Martinez hammer line in. It looks like he is in with Occidental Leather on this one. They have Occidental tags on them.
    I’m looking for feed back from those that use the hammers before I drop 269$ plus tax one one.. Ouch..
    Have you put yours through much nail banging yet? @jponto07

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Mark Martinez actually designed the first titanium hammer. He bought the Stiletto name and used it to sell them….eventually, he sold the company to Milwaukee (yes, THAT Milwaukee).

Martinez improved on his own design with the M1 (I can attest to this, as I own the M1 and the smaller M4).

But 285$ better??
    Here’s the web site with some good vids on the hammer
    https://www.martineztools.com/

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Those are some nice hammers for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Out local WoodCraft store just got the Martinez hammer line in. It looks like he is in with Occidental Leather on this one. They have Occidental tags on them.
    I’m looking for feed back from those that use the hammers before I drop 269$ plus tax one one.. Ouch..

I definitely can’t afford one of those, especially since I’m not in the trades / Carpenter.
    I have seen plenty of them on Instagram, guys rave about them,
    If I earned my living in the construction, I might be interested in one,
    Looks like a excellent design,

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

The only job I see that frickingly expensive hammer good for is vinyl siding.
    Otherwise is just for bragging rights. Mine is bigger than yours type.
    Nobody is framing with a hammer this days. Same goes for laying roof shingles.

Doobie
    Pro

I just ordered the M4 12 oz model with a flat face and curved handle. It’ll probably arrive tomorrow or in a few days. I’ll admit, I’m spoilin myself on this one. I’ll let ya’ll know what I think. I’ve never had a decent hammer. All mine are either older than me or cheapo hammers.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@dirtywhiteboy, I haven’t used mine excessively just yet, but it does get used a bit each day. I really like it and don’t experience any elbow fatigue after extended use…which I did with my previous all steel hammer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I certainly didn’t buy mine for bragging rights.

I bought mine because it would prevent issues with my elbow and lead to increased productivity.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

While a lot is done with a nail gun these days, hammers still get used. These days most carpenters in our area carry titanium hammers. mostly for the reason Dirty mentioned, less fatigue on the body and arm. also less weight hanging on your toolbelt. While I do not use mine a lot, I have the Stiletto TiBone and the reason I got it was serious issues with Tendonitis in my elbow. Not much of a problem any more.

I also have a crew I hire to erect pole buildings and they rarely use a nail gun and all they have been swinging for more than a dozen years is titanium hammers.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My opinion entirely.
    I’m wielding a 16 oz Fiskars hammer that I use 95% of the time for demolition of windows and doors as is or to hit the other end of a crow bar. The rest of the time I use it to bump some wood into position or for some small siding nails.
    For the framing, and I do framing, I use a nailer. I also have a 22 oz Stanley in the truck as a backup.
    For the chisels I use a 12 oz pink mallet. Or a wooden one. I have quite a few.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I certainly didn’t buy mine for bragging rights.

It has nothing to do with bragging rights!

I bought mine because it would prevent issues with my elbow and lead to increased productivity.

I have the Stiletto TiBone and the reason I got it was serious issues with Tendonitis in my elbow.

My elbow was screaming too and that’s why I got my Stiletto TiBones.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

My elbow was screaming too…..

That’s another reason I want one. While like others, I use nail guns for much of what used to need a hammer, but I have found over the years that when I do use a hammer a fair bit all of a sudden, I’ll get that tennis elbow at times. Hopefully, this hammer will lessen that risk. Ain’t got that young man’s body any more.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My elbow was screaming too…..

That’s another reason I want one. While like others, I use nail guns for much of what used to need a hammer, but I have found over the years that when I do use a hammer a fair bit all of a sudden, I’ll get that tennis elbow at times. Hopefully, this hammer will lessen that risk. Ain’t got that young man’s body any more.

I agree with that tennis elbow. I had it 3-4 years ago and it was horribly painful. And that is an euphemism.
    That’s way I went with a 16oz hammer. $25 on sale.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I agree with that tennis elbow. I had it 3-4 years ago and it was horribly painful. And that is an euphemism.

Can we get a pic of that hammer? Please.

Dirty

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Here it is

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fiskars-hammer-0574043p.html#srp

Doobie
    Pro

Here it is

Wow! Isn’t Fiskars a gardening gadget company? Never would have known they made hammers. Then again, nothing available at CT surprises me any longer. Betcha Walmart has it cheaper.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here it is

Wow! Isn’t Fiskars a gardening gadget company? Never would have known they made hammers. Then again, nothing available at CT surprises me any longer. Betcha Walmart has it cheaper.

I wear a hammer on me all day every work day and a steel handled hammer is why so there’s a market for Titanium Hammers. I’ll buy the non steel handles for me.

Dirty

Here it is

I have the same one – was on a camping trip and needed a hammer and it was cheap, light, and kind of comfortable. It gets more use than the old Stanley I have.

The stilettos and martinez look like a good investment for someone swinging one all day. Gotta look after your body and even at the steep price tag, it’s cheaper than the damage it avoids

For a guy like me, a normal hammer is just fine. I mostly use pneumatic nailers and my hammer is reserved for “persuasion” and for hanging stuff on walls

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Here it is

I didn’t know that either,
    Looks like a pretty good design , I wouldn’t mind giving it a try.

Little note for the non Canadians looking at the Fiskars on the Canadian tire website – nobody ever pays full price at Canadian Tire. About a quarter of the store goes on deep discount for a week a month. Basically, everything goes on sale at some point. If you can wait, you do.
    And their store brands are often around 90%off so we laugh and wink at the full retail.

I bet this hammer is usually around $20

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

It was never $20. Couple of weeks ago it was $27 I think.
    Gardening or non gardening company they make hell of a tools.
    Handle is shorter and more ergonomic than an Estwing, for example.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.508 seconds