dcsimg

Maloof Inspired Dining Table

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Got the first coat of finish on the table today – finished sanding through 800 grit on all parts and then applied Tung oil finish – which is not even Tung oil, but I like the look and application. Will likely add a couple coats of poly after I add the second coat of Tung Oil Finish – so hopefully will have this in my kitchen by mid-week or next weekend.

Here are a couple of progress pics – the top and then a couple of angles of the base.

Beautiful work. The grain matching on the top is really well done. You must be pleased to see this project coming to an end.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Wow, it looked great before, but even better with the finish. The look is just stunning.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the first coat of finish on the table today – finished sanding through 800 grit on all parts and then applied Tung oil finish – which is not even Tung oil, but I like the look and application. Will likely add a couple coats of poly after I add the second coat of Tung Oil Finish – so hopefully will have this in my kitchen by mid-week or next weekend.

Here are a couple of progress pics – the top and then a couple of angles of the base.

Wow Scot. Going to be a beautiful table.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Well done! Looking really nice

j

staker
    Pro

Just read the whole thread. Great job, that oil really pops the grain.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Got the first coat of finish on the table today – finished sanding through 800 grit on all parts and then applied Tung oil finish

Wow that looks fantastic!! That is some fine woodworking. That will be the centerpiece Of the room.

Thanks, guys! Funny – this table took me about 4 weeks start to finish and my chairs took 1 year (really 3 years when you consider the first one I built and the trials and mistakes/workarounds I had to go through). I am happy how it has all come out – just need to add another coat of finish to the top and I think it will be ready to go – I will let it sit for a week or so to harden before putting the table to use. The chairs have been sitting for a month or so and are fully cured.

Orange County, CA

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Got the first coat of finish on the table today. Here are a couple of progress pics

Absolutely gorgeous !! The finish really brought the top to life !

Table is complete. Letting it rest a few days before moving it to the kitchen and putting it to use with the chairs. One month from today is when I started it – much faster than my chairs!

Orange County, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Table is complete. Letting it rest a few days before moving it to the kitchen and putting it to use with the chairs. One month from today is when I started it – much faster than my chairs!

That’s just gorgeous Scot.

Ron

Thanks! I only wish I had made it one inch taller – it is fine seated and comfortable – just looks a tad low. compared to another table.

Orange County, CA

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Thanks! I only wish I had made it one inch taller – it is fine seated and comfortable – just looks a tad low. compared to another table.

It looks stunning. I would imagine low is the way to go for that era of design. How high is the top, 29”? What is the height of the seats on the chairs?

j

It is around 29 inches. Chairs are 17 inches I believe – so it all fits and is comfortable.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks super nice!! I bet your wife loves it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Table is complete

All finished up it looks fantastic.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just stunning, Scott. The top looks even better finished.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It is around 29 inches. Chairs are 17 inches I believe – so it all fits and is comfortable.

If it’s comfortable I wouldn’t sweat it.

Ron

Looks beautiful, yeah but those chairs were a lot more complex , great job, enjoy it for years to come now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Wow well done. I love the table top. Great job!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Thanks, guys! I will take a few pics with it all set up. My wife is adamant about letting it sit for a week or two so the finish will fully cure and harden – which I think is a good idea. No sense rushing putting it to use when it has been this long!

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.608 seconds