dcsimg

Makita Track Saw Blade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Over the winter I picked up a Makita track saw – love the saw, wish I would not have waited so long to buy one.

Anyway – I am fairly happy with the blade that came with the saw but was wondering if anyone here has a specific blade they like and recommend?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Wish I could. Still waiting to get the saw myself. I remember @DirtyWhiteBoy recommending Tenryu blades. He said that is who makes the blade that comes from Makita.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I remember @DirtyWhiteBoy recommending Tenryu blades.

Yep DWB was always recommending Tenryu blades.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Thanks! I remembered someone recommending blades but could not remember who or what blade.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Just googled Tenryu blades and the cheapest 6 1/2″ was $45 CAD. Plus taxes.
    That’s expensive.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think I replaced the blade in my Makita Track saw with a Freud, I have been happy with that blade.

Kamster
    Pro

I’ve been using a Freud blade as well. Higher tooth count than the Makita. Smooth cuts

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i forgot about the Freud blade, they got good reviews on here as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This love the this brand Makita track saw blade i have used it before many time but last time its costs between $30 to $40 no doubt it is best one even it is worthy!!

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

For crosscutting/sheet goods, or ripping hardwood?
    Takes a 165MM (6-1/2″) blade with a 20mm (13/16″) arbor. Makita, Freud, Tenyru, Festool, and Oshlun are some of the companies making blades for that arbor, though some are only 60mm in diameter.
    I’ve only used the stock blade so far, but have seen the Tenyru 28 tooth and the Freud LU87R006M20 (only 60mm) recommended for ripping.

Use Tenryu blades myself in my Mafell MT55 track saw which the Bosch is a close relative of. The 52T one is a little thinner than most track saw blades and works great in making the saw more powerful. There’s an included thickness shim that you must use if you’re using a Mafell since the flange won’t apply enough clamping pressure without it. I think it might be the case with the Bosch as well since they’re built on the same platform.

The 12T is a crazy rip blade for sure, it’ll tear through dimensional lumber with zilch for resistance if the saw’s set to max speed. Pretty sure it’d be the same case for hardwoods but taking multiple passes would probably be easier for the saw motor.

The in between is a 28T which doesn’t give the super finished cuts the 52T does but it doesn’t have a rough finish like the 12T.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Use Tenryu blades myself

We’ve had other members here recommend Tenryu blades. The reviews on them are also very good. I think the initial cost scares people away though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I used Oshlun and Dewalt blade. But, Festool characteristic/reviews seem promising. I never been tried Festool blades.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Not sure if it’s true but I heard the Makita sidewinder blade washer fits the Makita tracksaw so you can use regular 6.5″ blades.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I’ll throw my vote in with others on the Freud blades. That’s all I have used on my circular saw for a number of years with no complaints.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.359 seconds