dcsimg

Makita SP6000

Viewing 12 posts - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Thanks guys! Glad you liked the review and found it helpful. If you do decide to buy one, it’s certainly a big help to me if you use my affiliate links on the review. I’m working on becoming a Home Depot affiliate as well but right now it’s just Amazon. I usually buy all of my tools through Amazon now since their prices are usually really good. The links work for anything that you get on Amazon, not just the product the link is for. You just click any one of the links and then whatever you end up buying gets credited to me. So if you need some new underwear, a coffee maker or anything else and want to get it on Amazon then you can still help me 😀 Any help is very much appreciated!

Dan

danpattison.com

dod
    Pro
    Dayton, OH

I just bought one for myself based on reviews from this thread. I also picked up a second 55″ track and the connector kits. I can’t wait to try it out.

-Daniel

Just picked myself up this saw with the 118″ rail on Amazon. Great sale was on. Also picked up the 55″ rail and clamps

Such a great deal, it made no sense to go with Festool or wait any longer for Bosch NA

Just picked myself up this saw with the 118″ rail on Amazon. Great sale was on. Also picked up the 55″ rail and clamps

Such a great deal, it made no sense to go with Festool or wait any longer for Bosch NA

Congratulations Eric, looking forward to hearing about the new saw,

Congratulations Eric, looking forward to hearing about the new saw,

Thanks! I am looking into making a table or top with a grid of holes, something like Dan’s MPT or the MFSlab. I have Dan’s plans, but dont trust myself to drill out the holes properly. With something like Qwas rail dogs and Parf dogs (two very different things that work well together) I should be close to MPT/3 capabilities for a much smaller cost.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would really like the 118″ rail, I have 2 – 55′ and clamps which works well but at times the 118 would sage a lot of time. How bad was the shipping on the 118″ rail.

I would really like the 118″ rail, I have 2 – 55′ and clamps which works well but at times the 118 would sage a lot of time. How bad was the shipping on the 118″ rail.

Free. Amazon Canada had a promo (deal of the day) where it was 440$ Canadian for the saw with 118″ track, and the 55″ track was another 45$ Canadian. I have Prime, so 2-day shipping is free. A bit over 500$ and Im set. I believe the saw best fits an Lboxx3, and I have a spare kicking around.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

congrats on your new track saw – can’t beat a price like that.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Free. Amazon Canada had a promo (deal of the day) where it was 440$ Canadian for the saw with 118″ track, and the 55″ track was another 45$ Canadian. I have Prime, so 2-day shipping is free. A bit over 500$ and Im set. I believe the saw best fits an Lboxx3, and I have a spare kicking around.

that is a great deal on the saw and 118″ Track

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on the purchase. I hear you when you need the tool waiting is not an option.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

So… its been a roller coaster of good news/bad news

I received the saw and long 118″ track on Thursday, and all seemed well. Amazon tracking had the 55″ track as not yet shipped, but scheduled for delivery the next day (friday)

On friday evening, I still didnt have the rail, but Amazon tracking still said it would be delivered that same day. It also showed as not yet shipped. Something was up

Called customer service. It was out of stock and backordered indefinitely. Given that their site showed nothing about my order being delayed, I was more than a little anmoyed.

After a long discussion, I was transferred to a supervisor. In the end, they agreed to send out the Festool version of the rail, which is compatible with the saw. Im just as happy to have it, trading the anti-tip lip of the Makita for the ability to add more Festool accessories. The saw works equally on either

Yesterday, the Festool rail arrived, but it was damaged. Just one corner on what I will call the top clamp track. Does not affect the use of the saw unless I have the tip down on the workpiece (where it is bent, its a bit rounded on the underside). But I wasnt going to accept that, and I wasnt going to use the track just to be told it couldn’t be returned with any signs of wear.

Called back, and discovered that the Festool is also out of stock now with a 1-2 month delay on it.

After many more discussions, they will ship out a new Festool 55″ rail, and I can keep the damaged one. I figure I can cut it a bit short to remove the damaged bit. Maybe make it a 51″ or so.

All in all, Im annoyed. I just want to use my new saw, and this is painful for my impatient inner child. But Amazon did a great job with their customer service here, and in the end, I will have two 55-ish” rails (even if one will be a bit shorter) from Festool and a Makita 118″ rail.

So, fingers crossed that there isnt another chapter in this….

Think I should use the damaged one to make two short rails (like 700mm and 600mm) or just try to keep it as long as possible? The MFT3 uses a 42″ rail, so maybe thats a good size to aim for….

And now I have bought the 36v (dual 18v) makita saw. I love the corded model so far. In the end, I bought the CNC plans for the MFSlab and had two “printed” up. Glad I did. Makes a great cutting table and I use it with Parf dogs and Qwas rail dogs to handle my usual angles of 90, 45 and 22.5.

Very impressed with the system

Viewing 12 posts - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.534 seconds