dcsimg

Makita SP6000

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

For anyone on the fence on a track saw mine went through about 800″ of ipe today. No problems.

Looks like you’re using the Festool tracks Dirty?

If I was doing mostly decks and things like that with my track saw and not countertops then I wouldn’t have had an issue with the Makita guide rails. Like I said in the video I was being pretty fussy with them because I needed them to be bang on or as close to bang on as possible.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

For anyone on the fence on a track saw mine went through about 800″ of ipe today. No problems.

That’s a heck of a testimonial for this saw…800′ of ipe is impressive. @DirtyWhiteBoy, what blade are you using…and how many of them! I typically use a 28T Freud for general use, and a 14T for rough work. That said, the 14t leaves a pretty darn good cut considering the OEM blade is a 48T.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

After using it for the past few years, here is my full review on the SP6000.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxN7ZTfAuac?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Thanks for posting your review , it was great ! I hope to pick one up this year . They sure come in handy .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a heck of a testimonial for this saw…800′ of ipe is impressive.

JP that’s inched not feet, but I have a lot more cutting to do. The blade is a Festool 90$ aluminum blade I think , I’ll check because I can’t get a Makita blade on island.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like you’re using the Festool tracks Dirty?

Yes those are Festool tracks again because Makita tracks are not available on island.

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s a heck of a testimonial for this saw…800′ of ipe is impressive.

JP that’s inched not feet, but I have a lot more cutting to do. The blade is a Festool 90$ aluminum blade I think , I’ll check because I can’t get a Makita blade on island.

Whoops, you did say inches!

That Festool blade you mentioned is more than double what the Freud’s cost on Amazon…but I seem to recall that you aren’t a Freud fan.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That Festool blade you mentioned is more than double what the Freud’s cost on Amazon…but I seem to recall that you aren’t a Freud fan.

No I’m not a fan. If you want chit blade get the Freud, it’s the worst part of the Sawsquatch. The blade deflects all over the place.

Dirty

redwood
    Pro

The wormdrive table saw came with a Freud and I think it’s pretty decent. Not a finish blade, but not bad.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The wormdrive table saw came with a Freud and I think it’s pretty decent. Not a finish blade, but not bad.

Oh are you talkin about this one that has been for sale here for the last month and a half? I all most pick it up but didn’t know where I’d keep a 3rd table saw.

Dirty

Doobie

Having said that, the Makita is obviously a better value. It does all that the TS75 does except the depth of cut.

The TS75 has a lot more of motor electronics control over the TS55 as well. It was one of the reasons I opted for it, and like Mark, I’m not a girly-man that feels that the heavier TS75 is an issue. That saw motors, although depth of cut was another motivator for me as well.

I also chose it because there were more specialty saw blades available for it and at the time it had more kerf compatible blades associated with it, although that has since changed where Festool got more consistent on their blade kerf consistencies with their track guides.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Having said that, the Makita is obviously a better value. It does all that the TS75 does except the depth of cut.

The TS75 has a lot more of motor electronics control over the TS55 as well. It was one of the reasons I opted for it, and like Mark, I’m not a girly-man that feels that the heavier TS75 is an issue. That saw motors, although depth of cut was another motivator for me as well.

I also chose it because there were more specialty saw blades available for it and at the time it had more kerf compatible blades associated with it, although that has since changed where Festool got more consistent on their blade kerf consistencies with their track guides.

i happen to have the ts55 and it seems great to me, what electronics does the 75 have over the 55 and what makes it that much better ? Eventually when i replace it, it’ll have to be the auto return maefell.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Oh are you talkin about this one that has been for sale here for the last month and a half? I all most pick it up but didn’t know where I’d keep a 3rd table saw.

Ehh, there is always room for another table saw lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

redwood
    Pro

Uh, no there is not. Luckily, my Baby DeWalt also functions as a planer stand.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I long ago ran out of floor space for more shop tools. Would love a metal lathe but something would have to go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

woodman_412

For anyone that has been thinking about getting the Makita track saw, I just posted a review article on my new blog. It goes along with the review video that I did last winter. Hope you guys find it helpful.

http://www.danpattison.com/blog/2016/10/12/makita-sp6000-track-saw-review

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For anyone that has been thinking about getting the Makita track saw, I just posted a review article on my new blog. It goes along with the review video that I did last winter. Hope you guys find it helpful.

Man that was a great and super professional review of a great tool. I have used this tool for years now and agree it’s top notch.

Dirty

Nice review Dan, good enough that you have seriously considering one

Dan – awesome review. I really enjoyed reading it – well thought out. Thanks for posting it.

Orange County, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Great review Dan. Been thinking for some time that I needed to get one. You have now confirmed it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@woodman_412 that’s got to be one of the best reviews I have seen lately,
    Great write up, and the pictures to match,
    Never owned a track saw, but really want one now, and you pointed out some great features that I was not aware of,
    The anti tip lock seems like a good feature and the score cut setting
    Nice to Know about the customer service from Makita about the small issue with the track being not perfectly straight,

Great video, I like how you showed the couple of features up close,

Thanks for such a great job on the review Dan

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.488 seconds