dcsimg

Makita joins the modular box movement… sorta?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve never seen Makita involved in ANY forum. They are pretty quite on the customer service front on a whole I find.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

This thread is making me more and more not want to buy Makita. Nothing about their product line is that special. I have their drill/impact combo and i think I’m going to sell it and probably upgrade to the bosch kit (not the brushless, unless I find a killer deal. Probably one of the kits that come with two L-Boxxes).

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I know this is the Bosch forum, but HELLO……….MAKITA…………ARE YOU LISTENING??………

<crickets>

Yep. That’s what I thought. They still haven’t even acknowledged the 18 v battery issue.

And probably won’t lol

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

This thread is making me more and more not want to buy Makita. Nothing about their product line is that special. I have their drill/impact combo and i think I’m going to sell it and probably upgrade to the bosch kit (not the brushless, unless I find a killer deal. Probably one of the kits that come with two L-Boxxes).

Other than the battery issue, there isn’t anything that should make you afraid of Makita. Makita and Milwaukee (at this time) have the widest range of tools available to cross a wide range of trades. I like Bosch too, and nothing wrong with pursuing their line. They seem to be coming out with a lot of tools lately too.

I think the important thing to remember is that no one company is ace expert in all tools. Each manufacturer seems to have certain things in which they shine. Buy your tools based on that.

Too many tool lines to consider. Bosch, Milwaukee and a few Festool for me.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Too many tool lines to consider. Bosch, Milwaukee and a few Festool for me.

I think that IS one of the more frustrating things anymore. It’s not like it used to be where there was one clear winner in a tool category. There’s a lot of cr@p out there. There’s also a fair amount of decent selections too…

Someday I want to climb into the festool lineup too. I think they make some very nice tools. I’m just not able to bankrupt myself quite yet! 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a bad battery and saw the rep on sunday at the sale, he told to get the recite from the store and he’d replace it.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I have a bad battery and saw the rep on sunday at the sale, he told to get the recite from the store and he’d replace it.

That’s great. I know some others have gotten some exchanged too, but there’s no acknowledgment from Makita on the issue. The exchanges seem hit or miss.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Don’t know if anyone else notice or said this but they are kinda ugly

Don’t know if anyone else notice or said this but they are kinda ugly

haha well, they are a bit bright for me… Though I imagine the blue is the standard shade of makita blue. I would bet it is a good thing for those who are die-hard Makita fans… Though I think dewalt was wise to make their Tstaks and tough cases primarily black

John S

That’s great. I know some others have gotten some exchanged too, but there’s no acknowledgment from Makita on the issue. The exchanges seem hit or miss.

Supposedly the new batteries have addressed the issue. The star batteries are supposed to prevent “over discharge” which was the issue with the batteries committing suicide. Take a look at your bad batteries and see if they have the star emblem.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Thatkid
    Pro

the whole battery issue was why I purchased a Milwaukee kit instead of Makita even though Makita has more 18v tools I did not want to have batteries that didn’t last long and have to be replaced.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve never had a makita battery problem in the 2 years I’ve used the same 4 batteries. I also charge them often. Take them off the charger right away when done, rarely use the battery until the tool stops. When it’s bogging down to much it’s time for a charge and use a different one. I’m not staying to invested in their lineup though just incase they start to die.

I’ll be grabbing some Bosch cordless tools slowly as a replacement with makita as backup.

The market is getting flooded with these boxes now. Its a shame they didn’t all stick to a standard where they could connect with each other. If Makita stayed with the same systainer they started with it would have at least connected with the systainers, t-locs and Tanos boxes. Now they have random boxes that work with only their boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never had a makita battery problem in the 2 years I’ve used the same 4 batteries. I also charge them often. Take them off the charger right away when done, rarely use the battery until the tool stops. When it’s bogging down to much it’s time for a charge and use a different one. I’m not staying to invested in their lineup though just incase they start to die.

I’ll be grabbing some Bosch cordless tools slowly as a replacement with makita as backup.

It won’t be long then. I have had a few die for no apparent reason. I’m no longer buying Makita cordless kit as the battery issue put me of them let alone taking forever to release the 4ah pack then saying now we got to wait for the. 5ah but worst of all they don’t work with any of my old tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

…let alone taking forever to release the 4ah pack then saying now we got to wait for the. 5ah but worst of all they don’t work with any of my old tools.

We haven’t even seen any 4 amp in our area, let alone 5 amp.

I will say that I haven’t had a battery go bad since I downsized 3 guys… I never “over drain” a battery and there has been no issues since.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Supposedly the new batteries have addressed the issue. The star batteries are supposed to prevent “over discharge” which was the issue with the batteries committing suicide. Take a look at your bad batteries and see if they have the star emblem.

I have a dead star battery and it getting replaced. I just talked to the Makita rep today.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I’ve never owned a Makita tool. I worked in the hardware dept. at HD so I am acquainted with Makita brand, but for some reason I have never been interested enough to buy one.

Pat

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like it could fit on my track saw box.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.654 seconds