dcsimg

Makita joins the modular box movement… sorta?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author

Well, this is a bit of a disappointment… Makita needs to pick up their game if they are just going to rebrand somewhat outdated product!
    http://toolguyd.com/makita-makpac-tool-boxes/

I am hoping that Milwaukee can bring something to the table that is interested and shows progress conceptually in the modular storage market

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I hope they all jump on the Sortimo band wagon. There are so MANY good options in the soritimo line up I don’t know why you would try to manufacture your own boxes.

I want some mini l-boxxes.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Thatkid
    Pro

That’s disappointing if they are not putting there own twist on them.

redwood
    Pro

Some of us that have Makita track saws have had one of the old systainer style boxes for some time. I agree that their time has passed.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Ha! Fail! It must have been cheap for them to buy rights to the older systainers and round over the edges.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

well its not really new for makita, their just now going to have them as a standalone item, their track saw has come witha sortimo boxx for roughly 3 years and some of their bigger routers come in them also

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

well its not really new for makita, their just now going to have them as a standalone item, their track saw has come witha sortimo boxx for roughly 3 years and some of their bigger routers come in them also

This is true – but it is quite a bit of a disappointment that they wouldn’t even use the updated version of the systainer…

Though I suppose it is a step in the right direction of sorts – since there are a good deal of accessories that work in tandem with systainers. But why the outdated version…. I just don’t get it haha

John S

redwood
    Pro

I have the newer systainers, the tough boxes, the L-boxes and the one Makita box. I hate opening and closing the Makita box, compared to the others.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

id say that makita bought the molds from the old systainers thus the older style

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Are the Tanos the same as the systainer? Does Festool own systainer? Or is it like the soritimo – bosch relationship?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I agree – it would be cool to see Milwaukee come out worth some boxes.

Resident Sign Guy

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Seems lame.

kzcarp
    Pro

That just looks silly. Maybe a bit of an evolution of the box that Makita packed their cordless slider in some years back.
    The classic systainer is still available from Tanos. I like the idea of the stacking, standard sized boxes but I don’t buy into the notion that you are going to open the lid on the bottom unit in a stack of 4 or 5 of the T-lok units.
    I don’t have any problem removing l-boxes stacked on top of each other to get to items in the bottom of the stack. If you find yourself having to do that on multiple occasions during the day the box isn’t the problem your organization is.

@thedude306
    Yes Tanos makes the systainer boxes. I have no idea what the corporate relationship is between Festool and Tanos

kevin

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Not too impressive on Makita’ s part.

As the article says, Makita gives off conflicting statements. They bounce between being innovative and playing catch-up. I guess all companies go through this at times though.

Sad to see this.

I too, am waiting to see what Milwaukee comes out with. It will have to be some wow bang jazz though as I’m heavily invested in the t-stak’s.

@moze- rumor had it that they were working with suncast if I recall right… though rumors are rumors and I could just be furthering but another rumor 🙂

I like the idea of the stacking, standard sized boxes but I don’t buy into the notion that you are going to open the lid on the bottom unit in a stack of 4 or 5 of the T-lok units.

True, but you will if it is just one down… and odds are that you will want a variety of boxes to be towards the top at different points in different jobs/setups such that it would be nicer to have t locs insteads… Not to mention they are way faster to stack and unstack

John S

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

Lame.

The choice between box styles is kinda hard because everyone’s got some kinda gimmick.

Except Makita apparently.

kzcarp
    Pro

@supimeister Faster to unstack than… l-boxes…classic systainers…

I guess that would be an event for the contactor Olympics, the modular stacking competition… timed, and judged for form and artistic merit.

kevin

@kzcarp – the t-locs are faster to stack/unstack than the classic systainers… sorry that wasn’t clearer…

And you are right – there should be some sort of competition 🙂

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@moze– rumor had it that they were working with suncast if I recall right… though rumors are rumors and I could just be furthering but another rumor :)

I like the idea of the stacking, standard sized boxes but I don’t buy into the notion that you are going to open the lid on the bottom unit in a stack of 4 or 5 of the T-lok units.

True, but you will if it is just one down… and odds are that you will want a variety of boxes to be towards the top at different points in different jobs/setups such that it would be nicer to have t locs insteads… Not to mention they are way faster to stack and unstack

That would be cool if Milwaukee releases something. Their stuff is usually top notch….would love to see what they come up with.

Resident Sign Guy

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i dont think they have any plans for anything as of yet according the local rep. they are aware of these storage systems, but nothing in development on their end. although ill ask Nate next time i see him aroiund

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.536 seconds