dcsimg

Makita brushless jig saw

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Moze
    Dallas, TX

This looks like it would be super comfortable to use:

http://toolguyd.com/makita-18v-brushless-jigsaw/

Resident Sign Guy

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

i like that. i just got the D handle and like it. that looks even nicer.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

redwood
    Pro

That sure looks a lot different then the Makita 18V jigsaw that I have. Which I like a lot.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

It will be interesting to see how the brushless technology helps with battery life and tool life… I would bet that Bosch has a higher end model 18v jigsaw in the works, since that seems to be a logical next step for them. Or at least, a brushless model. It is interesting that they only show it being available in a barrel grip so far…?

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

It’s great to see brushless making its way to more and more tools. The Festool guys who have moved from the previous models to the new brushless Carvex all seem to have noticed a big improvement in terms of power. It would be great to see Bosch launch a brushless jigsaw in the 18v line that was feature matched to the 572.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice looking jig. Wish I would have seen this when it was posted. I would have gotten a barrel grip cordless if it was available from Bosch if it was available when I got my d-handle. It is a nice looking piece.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice looking jig. Wish I would have seen this when it was posted. I would have gotten a barrel grip cordless if it was available from Bosch if it was available when I got my d-handle. It is a nice looking piece.

I agree! I wish I saw this sooner. I late for everything. Well the good news is I won’t need to sell off a 18volt jiggy to get this one when it comes out. It will be at the top of the list! It is nice that it’s released in Europe first to work the bugs out.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

I have been thinking about picking up an 18v jigsaw, any idea how long the battery would last cutting 3/4″ ply? Plus how well do they handle when making curves or any tight turns?

I do like the idea of the battery powered saws.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

This looks like a dynamite jigsaw I wonder if the added weight and size that the battery adds makes is harder to maneuver and tiresome during long cuts.

Very interesting looking. It appears to be well balanced to use. Brushless is more powerful based on the Milwaukee models I have. I hope Bosch comes out with their own. I don’t need another battery system as others have stated in other threads.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been thinking about picking up an 18v jigsaw, any idea how long the battery would last cutting 3/4″ ply? Plus how well do they handle when making curves or any tight turns?

I do like the idea of the battery powered saws.

I have seen the Makita jiggy rated very high in the comparison test.

That is cool. I could not find anything about the type of blade guidance system the Makita uses. Does anyone know? Might be a single roller-bearing?

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know as I don’t have the Makita jiggy, I’m usin the Ridgid and Hitachi.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

Thanks for adding that video. At first look it does look like a nice jigsaw with some useful features, and a very neat dust collection system.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

It looks to me like they are using the DC without a plastic shroud. I think the shroud is one of the major downfalls of the Bosch jigsaw since it gets caked with dust so quickly.

For those of you who are deep into the makita cordless system it wouldn’t be a bad addition to your cordless system by any means from the looks of it. But I don’t think it alone would win me over to their system nor would it get to me just buy one of their cordless tools. Though I think Jason is right about dust collection, which might be a pretty helpful improvement

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That is cool. I could not find anything about the type of blade guidance system the Makita uses. Does anyone know? Might be a single roller-bearing?

I think at 1:18 I see a single roller bearing?

redwood
    Pro

I have a single roller bearing on my Makita 18V jigsaw.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

Any idea if this has the chip reducing insert for the base plate like some of the Bosch jigsaws?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Any idea if this has the chip reducing insert for the base plate like some of the Bosch jigsaws?

I don’t know about the anti splinter guard? It should,,,right?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.452 seconds