dcsimg

Makita 18v

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That would be an interesting third party adapter idea for the batteries….. I like the concept, I wonder if it would get too bulky? I’m quite surprised somebody hasn’t come up with it yet.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

That would be an interesting third party adapter idea for the batteries….. I like the concept, I wonder if it would get too bulky? I’m quite surprised somebody hasn’t come up with it yet.

I’m sure that manufactures would have a hissy fit and file a lawsuit if someone did. I’ve got an idea in mind to possibly get around that… I think I could make an adapter with a 3d printer and some other creative things… it’s actually an idea I’ve been kicking around in my head for awhile.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I’m sure that manufactures would have a hissy fit and file a lawsuit if someone did. I’ve got an idea in mind to possibly get around that… I think I could make an adapter with a 3d printer and some other creative things… it’s actually an idea I’ve been kicking around in my head for awhile.

I don’t think it would be that difficult to do with a 3d printer – I have seen pics of items far more complex than a battery adapter. One more item in the “pro” column on the “I want to buy a 3D printer” justification sheet.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Man, imagine the possibilities if you could start interchanging everything.

Resident Sign Guy

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

That’s a good idea, it wouldn’t be very hard to do. I wouldn’t want to do it for fear of being sued though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t think it would be that difficult to do with a 3d printer – I have seen pics of items far more complex than a battery adapter. One more item in the “pro” column on the “I want to buy a 3D printer” justification sheet.

This kine.

Or this?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The Makita FaceBook page has been hacked LOL!!

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

The Makita FaceBook page has been hacked LOL!!

Looks like it.

Bert

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wish there were adapters for batteries so you could cross over tools.

Very interesting concept. Another idea would be a universal battery. This battery would have different adapters for each brand.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like Makita is extended their 18v as usual…. this time with a brushless circ saw. Looks like it is about time for Bosch and others to get some more brushless tools out…

http://toolguyd.com/makita-brushless-circular-saw/

Interesting to see how it compares to the dual 18v circ saw
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-36v-circular-saw/

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Man, I am sure glad I have the makita line. They keep bringing out great tools.

You’re right, bosch needs to pick up their game if they want to compete in this market, Milwaukee, dewalt and makita seem to be leading the way.

Brad T

You’re right, bosch needs to pick up their game if they want to compete in this market, Milwaukee, dewalt and makita seem to be leading the way.

It is fine to be generally a little bit later to the market to ensure delivery of a quality product and be a “later adopter” of the new technology, but this is getting to be a bit disappointing… It does make me wish at times I was committed to a different system, but I don’t make a living off my tools obviously, so it is what it is.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I see the same thing. Bosch seems to be introducing their new stuff in Europe leaving a void in the US.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think I will add to my Makita line this weekend, I had a battery go bad and need to replace one. It just makes sense with the bare tool / free battery promo

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The big three in NA are definitely Milwaukee, Makita and DeWalt.

I love the Bosch tools I have. I also love the Milwaukee and DeWalt tools that I have. If I had to pick just one brand though, it would easily be Milwaukee. They’re killing it on new releases, specs, variety of tools, etc.

I guess the silver lining is that once you have batteries and charger(s), you can usually buy bare tools of whichever brand you prefer for that particular tool.

Resident Sign Guy

I see the same thing. Bosch seems to be introducing their new stuff in Europe leaving a void in the US.

I think it is generally true for the other companies as well (maybe not milwaukee?) but you probably just don’t hear about the NAINA tools from these other brands as much here as Bosch.

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Well I know Makita does have some NAINA tools, but nothing like Bosch holding back.

If I didn’t have a single tool I would also be looking at the milwaukee line exclusively.

The sad part is I REALLY like my bosch. That impact ready driver is my favorite tool in my shop right now. It just lays a beating on taking out rusted bolts.

Brad T

Moze
    Dallas, TX

That’s me – if I don’t love a tool, I’m getting one from a different line.

I have the Bosch demolition hammer, vacuum, radio, laser level, SDS rotary hammer, socket-ready impact, laser distance measurer, and circular saw. I’m really pleased with all of them. I used the circular saw yesterday to cut 2×6 pressure treated boards for horseshoe pits. It handled it with ease.

The only Bosch tool I’ve used that I didn’t love, was the drill that comes with the socket-ready impact. I liked my DeWalt 20v WAY better. So I sold the Bosch and use my DeWalt when I need a drill.

Resident Sign Guy

Looks like Makita is extended their 18v as usual…. this time with a brushless circ saw. Looks like it is about time for Bosch and others to get some more brushless tools out…

http://toolguyd.com/makita-brushless-circular-saw/

Interesting to see how it compares to the dual 18v circ saw

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-36v-circular-saw/

Wow! It says they will have an adapter to work with their tracks…which are the same as Festool tracks. Very interesting!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Adding a cordless option to the track saw would be great

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.379 seconds