dcsimg

Makita 18v

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I stopped by WoodCraft today and picked up a new Makita battery for the dead one I had.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Are makita batteries getting any better?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That was the first one I’ve ever had go dead.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve only had 4 batteries from makita and I’ve never broken one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve had the 14.4volt go bad but only one of the 18 volt.

haws my spelling???

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve had the 14.4volt go bad but only one of the 18 volt.

haws my spelling???

Close enough. Better than some. lol

Not had any trouble with Makita battery’s. Now DeWalt that’s a different story.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I have six and ths is my second lock up and not even take a charge.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I have 12 3ah batteries and 8 1.5 and my 2 new 4ah. I have only had 1 3.0 go bad and that was because some foolish person tried to charge it when it was -30.Most of my bad luck has been with the 1.5 batteries, but I only use them in the radio anyways.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 6 working batteries now.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

thats no good. I’ll be slowly changing over to bosch from my points here and then once i have some tools and batteries ill buy some of their bare tools. I’m liking them over makita lately so makita will become my back up and helpers tools.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m liking them over makita lately so makita will become my back up and helpers tools.

Why is that? Do they last longer or just feel stronger?

redwood
    Pro

The only issue that I have with Bosch at this time is that they are way behind in the variety of cordless tools. Until this is fixed, I’ll stay with Makita.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Variety is also my main holdback, Makita has always been a leader in that but Milwaukee I think have caught up and DeWalt have made a good effort. I went DeWalt for 18v and wish I hadn’t but I love my 20v vac, it’s holding me to entire line still right now.

redwood
    Pro

Variety is also my main holdback, Makita has always been a leader in that but Milwaukee I think have caught up and DeWalt have made a good effort. I went DeWalt for 18v and wish I hadn’t but I love my 20v vac, it’s holding me to entire line still right now.

Does Milwaukee or DeWalt have a battery assisted Bike in their lineup? I don’t think so.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does Milwaukee or DeWalt have a battery assisted Bike in their lineup? I don’t think so.

Right on RedWood!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

You win 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Bahahahaha. At redwood.

Yup, you win.

I really like my makita as well. I picked up a pair of the little 18v bats and really like the weight savings. I think they are going to be nice on the brushless impact.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

FB_Splinter
    Pro
    Racine, WI

Hi everyone, I mostly have Dewalt cordless drivers in my woodshop but, I also have one Makita 18volt lithium impact driver that I use constantly with no complaints. It is both lightweight and powerful and balanced quite well. I too like many of you use my tools until they just don’t work any more and then buy new. I usually replace the batteries when they will not hold a charge any longer, I will admit that the batteries are not cheap and at times I consider just buying a new drill kit because you get two batteries, the charger, and the drill gun. It is however, a plus when manufacturers make the batteries compatible between new models and old.

Frank

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hi everyone, I mostly have Dewalt cordless drivers in my woodshop but, I also have one Makita 18volt lithium impact driver that I use constantly with no complaints. It is both lightweight and powerful and balanced quite well. I too like many of you use my tools until they just don’t work any more and then buy new. I usually replace the batteries when they will not hold a charge any longer, I will admit that the batteries are not cheap and at times I consider just buying a new drill kit because you get two batteries, the charger, and the drill gun. It is however, a plus when manufacturers make the batteries compatible between new models and old.

Frank

Hey! Welcome to the post FB Splinter. Hope you stay a while.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I really like the makita lineup for options but the Bosch drills and impact that I have, I am really impressed with.

I wish there were adapters for batteries so you could cross over tools. I have a couple of older dewalts that the batteries went bad but the tools are still good. I have replaced the drill and recip saw buth the handheld Vac is something i have not found comparable in the other lines. I know they have vacs but they don’t seem to compare to the Dewalt DC 515 hand vac.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.712 seconds