dcsimg

Makita 18v

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I had one in a drill hogging out 2″ holes and the other was in a circ saw cutting up a plastic dog kennel. Both sat on a charger over night and worked great until they didn’t. Not even warm to the touch when I put them on the charger. 15 seconds each and the charger threw the red/green code.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I had one in a drill hogging out 2″ holes and the other was in a circ saw cutting up a plastic dog kennel. Both sat on a charger over night and worked great until they didn’t. Not even warm to the touch when I put them on the charger. 15 seconds each and the charger threw the red/green code.

Ouch! That sucks!

I hope they exchange them for you. It seems pretty hit or miss @ times on that too from different people I’ve talked to – doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason.

redwood
    Pro

I haven’t had too many Makita batteries toast, 2 out of 20 maybe. Both were replaced by Makita out of warranty. I was told they can tell how many charging cycles it has gone through and if it falls under the magic number (?), they will replace them.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

The thing that ticks me off with my Makita is the batteries. Something like 3 errors on the charger and it’s junk. And what is with the plane taking off noise with the charger?

I haven’t had too many Makita batteries toast, 2 out of 20 maybe. Both were replaced by Makita out of warranty. I was told they can tell how many charging cycles it has gone through and if it falls under the magic number (?), they will replace them.

That I did not know. Do you have a web address for that? I have one battery, it must easily still be under a certain amount of hours. I barely used it.

Thatkid
    Pro

If Makita had the battery gauge like milwaukee does I would have probably got Makita instead. It’s amazing how handy the fuel gauge is when working on a roof and being able to see how much life is left before getting up there.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I really like the battery gauge on my Bosch Batteries.

That I did not know. Do you have a web address for that? I have one battery, it must easily still be under a certain amount of hours. I barely used it.

The service center can read the charges, however the certain number of cycles is hit or miss. I took in 14 dead batteries at one time and they said they didn’t care how many charge cycles it had, I walked out with 7 brand new batteries. If you’re lucky enough to have a service center that gives 2 craps about the customer then you might make out better. They did say that the batts have a 1 year warranty and if I had receipts for the batteries they’d replace them.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I won’t be able to get in until June but I am sure they will be great on the return as they have in the past.

If not there’s always bosch.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I didn’t know that they counted charges, I knew that laptops could do that but had no idea they were doing it on batteries.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We all know that the battery technology is moving fast forward now with the cars doing more and more. All this trickles down to the tools and other toys we play with. I hope that Makita keeps up with their customers and batteries so they will have some left when the new age of battery take over.
    Does anybody know what I’m talking about here?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I haven’t herd of a new type of battery coming. Not that I’m surprised. Technology is moving so fast it’s hard to keep up.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Are you talking about the metal free “flow” batteries that are being developed?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

If there is anything keeping the makita 18v line going forward and getting new customers, it is definitely the 18v bike 😛

But seriously, this is an interesting NAINA item… Not sure what to think of it, but it is sure interesting haha

http://toolguyd.com/makita-18v-lxt-cordless-folding-bicycle/

John S

I’d probably buy that thing… I’m such a tool whore.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

redwood
    Pro

They need to outfit that bike with one of their Macpac tool boxes.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Regarding the batteries, I spoke with a Makita rep at one of the tool shows, that come around to the lumber yards. This particular lumber yard has a pretty good tool selection and they sent them to Makita for me. It took a few weeks, but I did get new ones back.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Thatkid
    Pro

That would be perfect if one of your guys car beaks down thou could just put some tool boxes on the sides and let him take that back and forth to work.

But on a serious note that reminded me of the bike powered by a dewalt drill.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man right when I thought Makita was a tool co.?? Man that was just silly!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

If there is anything keeping the makita 18v line going forward and getting new customers, it is definitely the 18v bike :P

But seriously, this is an interesting NAINA item… Not sure what to think of it, but it is sure interesting haha

http://toolguyd.com/makita-18v-lxt-cordless-folding-bicycle/

If riding the bike was the only way to charge the batteries I bet my wife would buy it for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.585 seconds