dcsimg

Makita 18v

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Author

I almost feel trapped… My collection might be too large.

ETA: This forum hates my pictures. They’re a small enough file, I guess I’ll resize and try again.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Attachments:
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

hahaha Nice edit! I think you will be fine!

Don’t feel trapped, Makita makes some darn fine cordless tools. I just added the new jig saw and a BL driver to mine. I think that brings my tool total up to about 12 or so. It’s a great system and the tool selection is very large.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

redwood
    Pro

I’m a little surprised I don’w see a recip saw in there Robert. I have a couple of others that you don’t show, but that is a big collection. I have a lot fewer drills and impacts.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Wow, Robert…that is quite a collection! I assume you have a crew that helps and that is why you have several drills and impacts?

Orange County, CA

I do have a few others that weren’t in that pic to include: Recip saw, 1 more drill and impact kit, and 1 more circ saw.

I had more employees until recently, I’ve downsized a bit and am considering selling off a few drills and impacts.

I’ve setup most of the makita tools in my suburban to stay in there all the time, I also set up a 2nd set of bags that stay in there all the time. I can jump in my truck any time and have most of what I need without having to pack stuff up. The rest of the tools stay on the primary jobsite in the trailer. If I ever get around to fixing the milwaukee radio I have then I can move the Bosch radio into the truck full time (I have one in the jobsite trailer as well) love that Bosch radio!

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man Robert’s pics made me go out and update my Makita 18volt quiver pic. And they all fit in the Big T-Boxx except the big impact gun.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice pile of tools Robert. I have big T-Boxx full of Makita 18volt and some that won’t fit in the box.
    I love the big impact gun for getting the nuts tight.

Dirty

Attachments:
    Moze
    Dallas, TX

Makita is claiming 18V power with 12v weight. Does that mean that somehow they are able to make their battery cells lighter for their 18v tools? It was my understanding that a company basically uses the same cell in different quantities to get desired performance.

I am impressed with some of their accessory tools like their jobsite fan and blower.

I wish DeWalt or Bosch would come out with a fan. I’d be all over that.

Resident Sign Guy

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Hey Dirty how do like that large 18v 1/2″ drive impact Wrench? I think that’s going to be my next tool purchase. I use them for larger lag bolts.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey Dirty how do like that large 18v 1/2″ drive impact Wrench? I think that’s going to be my next tool purchase. I use them for larger lag bolts.

Yea Bro love it! I had about 2 buckets that looked like the this

Dirty

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

And 4 buckets that looked like this and it went through them on one battery and I don’t know if it was fully charged? So yea I would say it would be a solid buy!

Dirty

Attachments:

Man Robert’s pics made me go out and update my Makita 18volt quiver pic. And they all fit in the Big T-Boxx except the big impact gun.

That is indeed another impressive makita collection! And I am super impressed it all fits in the XL T-boxx, but I am afraid to ask how much that sucker weighs haha… Are you planning on selling any of those tools to update/replace with more makita or another brand? Seems like you are ‘committed’ to makita 18v pretty deep right now (not necessarily a bad thing)

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I also have the 1/2″ impact gun, it was a great addition to my collection. I used to really push my 1/4″ hex impacts. Now with the 1/2″ things are so much easier.

Wow — amazed at how many drills and drivers guys have…I do not feel bad having the 5 that I currently own! Cool stuff!

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

I also have the 1/2″ impact gun and you can feel it’s power and it’s weight, unfortunately (it’s heavy). But again, it’s one of those tools that you don’t like hauling a cord around to use.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

another fan of the 1/2″ impact, but it is heavy. The only gripe with the makita stuff is the radio doesn’t charge batteries. I think this is a great feature of the Bosch radio. Kills two birds with one stone. Oh, and make sure it’s bluetooth makita..

Brad T

Cali the 1/2″ is great for decks 🙂 I even used it on site framing for bolt together steel I beams. No problem, lots of torque. It does have a little weight to it but would you expect it not too?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Crap… toasted two makita batteries tonight. Won’t even take a charge on the charger. I hope they get replaced. Our service center has been pretty good with exchanging batteries.

Brad T

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Man, I can’t believe they haven’t gotten to the bottom of that issue with the 18v. Anytime I hear Makita talk around town now it’s about those batteries bricking themselves. At least you’ve had good luck, I think a lot of people don’t bother trying to get the fixed or traded in.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Crap… toasted two makita batteries tonight. Won’t even take a charge on the charger. I hope they get replaced. Our service center has been pretty good with exchanging batteries.

What were you doing prior to them quitting?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.593 seconds