dcsimg

Making Your Bosch Oscillating Blades Last

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

From what I’ve seen for the prices of OMT blades, they get pretty reasonable if you buy them in bulk (Packs of 5-10). It goes from $20 a unit for the OSC114Cs to a much more reasonable $7 per blade.

eBay has the multi-packs the cheapest.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

Since it was discussed earlier on in this thread I’ll post the OMT blade sharpening video here as well. Re-sharpening is really a great way to make your blades last much longer rather than throwing them away when they are dull. Keeps some cash in your pocket too!

Dan

danpattison.com

Since it was discussed earlier on in this thread I’ll post the OMT blade sharpening video here as well. Re-sharpening is really a great way to make your blades last much longer rather than throwing them away when they are dull. Keeps some cash in your pocket too!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ll1p05qQd14?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Thanks, if it saves a couple of bucks, it is a good thing

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I get a pretty good deal on blades usually. I had some sharpened one time, and while they worked ok, it was almost as much as buying new. I will continue to stock up, and bypass any attempt at sharpening.

I have never been tempted to sharpen them – just seems like a lot of time. But, it is not to say it is a bad idea – if I were in a pinch it might make more sense.

Orange County, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve never tried to sharpen OMT blades myself…nor have I considered it. I guess I’ll have to pick up some files (need some new files anyway!) and try it out sometime. I’ve really been into sharpening plane irons and chisels by hand lately, so this might be something to add to that list.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Never thought to sharpen OMT blades. Not a bad idea though.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Would be nice. Thanks for the video

woodman_412

Like I mentioned in the video not all types of blades are practical to re-sharpen and it’s not for everyone. To some people it might make more sense to just toss them and keep going. I’ve found that with the Imperial blades they are cheap to buy to begin with and then with them being so quick and easy to re-sharpen they become a really good value. I don’t feel so bad when I hit something hard with them and take the points off the teeth knowing that I can quickly make it good as new.

Good to see you around again Manuel, it’s been awhile.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats pretty cool, i will have to give it a try when i dull my blades and you are right, won’t feel so bad if you hit something hard with it and just sharpen it right back up, doesn’t look like it’ll take up too much time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll post the OMT blade sharpening video here as well.

Dan great video. Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks Dan. I been real busy. Did you guys here about the hail storm in TX (Del Rio). Thats my home town. Im currently here.

I found it easier to toss & throw. But when on the jobsite or “free time” it might be pratical.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.992 seconds