dcsimg

Making the Bosch 18v circular saw the best it can be

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

How as bout throwing it in the trash and starting over??? There is no hook on it. It is not brushless.

Its still a very good saw. Keep in mind it came out like 10 years ago. It has good run time and power with a 4ah. I have a Milwaukee brushless saw with a hook on it and I still use the Bosch over the Milwaukee for trim stuff. If you import the guide rail for it its way more versatile than the current Milwaukee makita or dealt brushless saws. This saw was the best cordless option 5 years ago before some of the brushless options came out.

I think it’s a great saw, plenty of guys have it and use it regularly, and as you mentioned it’s been out for years to,

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

picture below shows you the part which needs to get removed so the core can fit.
    That part doesn’t effect the fit of the current 4 or 6ah battery.

Thanks for the explanation of what would need to be done to the saw. Not a big deal.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How as bout throwing it in the trash and starting over??? There is no hook on it. It is not brushless.

Its still a very good saw. Keep in mind it came out like 10 years ago. It has good run time and power with a 4ah. I have a Milwaukee brushless saw with a hook on it and I still use the Bosch over the Milwaukee for trim stuff. If you import the guide rail for it its way more versatile than the current Milwaukee makita or dealt brushless saws. This saw was the best cordless option 5 years ago before some of the brushless options came out.

I would have to disagree with you. Any tool with out a hook is obsolete to most carpenters.

Keep in mind it came out like 10 years ago.

Most companies improve their tools each year or so.

If you import the guide rail for it

That’s crazy talk,, no body imports tool parts over here. We go to WoodCraft, Slims or the big A.
    There is a real reason I never see this saw on the job sites. Yes I think this saw needs a full redesign.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I would have to disagree with you. Any tool with out a hook is obsolete to most carpenters.

That’s crazy talk,, no body imports tool parts over here. We go to WoodCraft, Slims or the big A.
    There is a real reason I never see this saw on the job sites. Yes I think this saw needs a full redesign.

There you go assuming that your experience and needs are the same as everyone else’s

Not everyone who is a pro is a carpenter. Not every carpenter uses the same tools (hell, most framers on the east coast had never seen a worm drive until a couple of years ago) and not everyone buys new tools every year or two.

As to importing – well, its a global economy now. I think the next generation coming up is more likely to use it than the more senior guys. Way of the world. Change comes from the kids, experience comes from the old guys. Takes both

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I have a saw with a hook on it. I hardly ever use the hook.

Most companies update their drills maybe every 3, 2 years at the most. There other tools like saws are longer.

It’s good to know that you know every carpenter in Hawaii and know that no one has ever imported any tool ever

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Why you want to improve a tool which is perfectly fine how it is and which has been on the market since many years? If the tool doesn’t have a hook even tho someone prefers it, well than just buy a different brand. If a tool does not have a brushless motor, well than just buy a different brand. It’s just personal preference!

It’s good to know that you know every carpenter in Hawaii and know that no one has ever imported any tool ever

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Why you want to improve a tool which is perfectly fine how it is and which has been on the market since many years? If the tool doesn’t have a hook even tho someone prefers it, well than just buy a different brand. If a tool does not have a brushless motor, well than just buy a different brand. It’s just personal preference!

as the old saying goes, there are many ways to skin a cat. many different ways to do things. A hook would be nice, i am sure there are aftermarket ways to add a hook, and if it works well brushed, there is no point adding brushless for the sake of adding brushless. You don’t think people aren’t going to use the makita coffee maker because it isn’t brushless.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Pleas show me where I said that,,, Hey man it looks like you liking to fight when Jim has told me not to.. Hasn’t he told you??? Why not take this to the PM….

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

not every one needs a rafter hook, the whole purpose of a rafter hook is for a framer whos climbing around on joists or in a roof system.. there are times when a rafter hook on my old makita lxt would have been handy but i simply rigged up a bungee chord lanyard and tied it off.

for finish work i simply set the saw on my work table next to where im cutting or on the floor.

keep the personal stuff off the forums guys.. such posts are getting deleted

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Get a grip,, you live in a very small world up there. I have been on jobs with 150 other carpenters. I have been on a job with 500 other carpenters. I have been on many jobs where 2 homes and or 2 units a day were being turned over. So that line “your experience and needs are the same as everyone else’s” I get my train of thought from what I see.

Again, you are basing it on one type of “pro” in one region. Tends to be a bunch of similar ways of doing stuff. That hardly makes it “how it’s done” Just How its done there.

montreal_woodworks wrote:
    Not everyone who is a pro is a carpenter.
    By being a pro it is implying that that is how you make a living.

Agreed. And there is more than one type of pro, in the trades, using these tools. Not just carpenters.

its a global economy now
    No it’s not, for most people there is just no way they will pay the shipping cost for things to come from overseas markets. Heck you can’t even plug in an electrical device from over seas. I can buy 4 or 5 different tracks here why would anybody ship one from eroup?

Cordless doesn’t care about the plug, accessories have nothing to do with it, and shipping cost is often free of reasonable. And yes, lots of people order online.

hell, most framers on the east coast had never seen a worm drive until a couple of years ago
    Well that’s strange?? I’m from the east coast and I learned to frame in ’77 with a skil worm drive. I must have been on a crew that was way ahead of their time.

I am real glad I was introduced to them, but lots of guys prefer sidewinders. One isnt more ahead of the time than another. Not every job needs the extra grunt and extra weight. And they still haven’t caught on up here in general.

Get a grip,, you live in a very small world up there.

You first. Montreal has double the population density of Honolulu. 9,787.8 /sq mi vs 5570/sq.mi. Quebec has 8 times the population of Hawaii. And its bigger than any US state. Bigger than a lot of countries. Which of us lives in a small little isolated world exactly?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I just saw that Bosch uploaded a new product to their site. the CCS180 with a core and fast charger.
    I am curious if this an updated model, where the core finally fits into it. (without shaving of some plastic from the housing)

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/circular-saws-ccs180-b14-178647-p/

hey Jim @bethepro
    do you have some input about this CCS180 model?
    All current models of that saw need a little modification that the new Core battery fits.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just saw that Bosch uploaded a new product to their site. the CCS180 with a core and fast charger.
    I am curious if this an updated model, where the core finally fits into it. (without shaving of some plastic from the housing)

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/circular-saws-ccs180-b14-178647-p/

hey Jim @bethepro
    do you have some input about this CCS180 model?
    All current models of that saw need a little modification that the new Core battery fits.

Well it does have a few more model numbers added (CCS180-B14), Wish they would have shown a pic of the other side where the problem is

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@madman_us and @utopia78 Yes there is a handle replacement that replaces the original CCS180 handle that accepts the CORE18V. There are several ways to get the free replacement handle upgrade:

1) You can call customer service at 1-877-BOSCH99 1-877-267-2499 Mon-Fri: 7:00-19:00 CST

2) You can use the E-Repair service to submit your request

3) You can send Bosch Customer Service an email through the Contact Form

Any one of these methods they will help you find a Bosch Service Center in your area to do the upgrade to your Bosch CCS180 18V circular saw. There is no cost for the upgrade, but you have to get it scheduled through the ways described above.

We hope this is helpful.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

oh this is awesome, i’ll have to go for the upgrade. is there a time limit to this upgrade, just incase i don’t get a core battery sooner than later?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s awesome! Thanks for the info Jim @bethepro 👍

Charlie

Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Sweet I was wondering if the new ones coming out would be modified. Good to know. I will probably just file mine down with a dremel it doesn’t look that hard.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Well it does have a few more model numbers added (CCS180-B14), Wish they would have shown a pic of the other side where the problem is

the B14 only means that it comes with 1x Core battery, kits with B24 come with 2x core batteries and where the B stands for bare, so no insert or lboxx.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s just great, once again Bosch steps up and shows its great customer service support
    Just another reason why I was buying into the Bosch tools.

@bethepro thank you Jim and BTP for the good information.

Anonymous
    Inactive

the B14 only means that it comes with 1x Core battery, kits with B24 come with 2x core batteries and where the B stands for bare, so no insert or lboxx.

Oh ok lol, Great news they’re replacing the body to fit the Core. I love that idea, think I’ll be ordering one up. That’s really getting to the core of the problem huh Brian? LOL….

Thanks Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh ok lol, Great news they’re replacing the body to fit the Core. I love that idea, think I’ll be ordering one up. That’s really getting to the core of the problem huh Brian? LOL….

Thanks Jim

Ok here’s the deal, I spent the last few hours on the phone with Bosch and my local service center who also talked to them and we both got the same answer. It’s a ‘modification’, No new parts or anything.

My service center was instructed to grind off enough material so the Core will fit, And that’s ok as it won’t be a big tough job anyway. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.919 seconds