dcsimg

Making A Metal Window Frame

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Frame looks good with paint,,,The glass in it looks great!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Man I think it looks great!!! Color is very very close.

Nice job on the colour match.
    Will you have any type of damper between the frame and body mounts? I know a lot of Jeeps end up with cracked windshields because there is no give between the two.

Success!! Got it back from the glass guy and installed last night, Kinda wish I would’ve used black headed mounting screws now but oh well. They do get covered up anyway by how the front of the doors wrap around and Velcro to the side edges of the windshield frame, so they’ll only show when I take the doors off. Might change them though lol….

Yes I cushioned the mating surfaces of the windshield frame to the roll bar, Actually used two things. The first being 1/8″ thick foam insulating tape on the roll bar, It comes in 2″ wide rolls but I cut it down to about 3/4″ wide to cover just the mating area (screw holes). Then the second is the outside trim I used on the frame has a 3/8″ round rubber seal on the side. (See pic)

Love it Dabbs. Looks better than the aftermarket one’s. Job well done!

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Yes I cushioned the mating surfaces of the windshield frame to the roll bar, Actually used two things. The first being 1/8″ thick foam insulating tape on the roll bar, It comes in 2″ wide rolls but I cut it down to about 3/4″ wide to cover just the mating area (screw holes). Then the second is the outside trim I used on the frame has a 3/8″ round rubber seal on the side. (See pic)

Looks great, nice job on the cushioning.
    You could always just touch up the screws with a small brush and some black paint. OR with some black nail polish.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

Frame looks good with paint,,,The glass in it looks great!

Love it Dabbs. Looks better than the aftermarket one’s. Job well done!

Looks great, nice job on the cushioning.
    You could always just touch up the screws with a small brush and some black paint. OR with some black nail polish.

Thanks y’all, Finalized it yesterday with strips of Velcro on the sides and put the doors back on. Went as skinny as I could with the Velcro to show some red, Cut it down to just 3/4″ wide. Then punched out holes in it for the screws, I don’t take the doors off that often so I’m not going to mess with changing to black screw heads for now. Come summer IF I get energetic and can’t stand the shiny screws maybe I’ll do it then….Also gave the glass 3 coats of RainX in hopes of not needing a wiper, Time will tell on that one..

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That loos great. looks like it came from the factory like that. Awesome job ^5

Thanks, I’ve been offered $400 for it or to make two more. That’d be about $200 profit each, Not sure if I want to get into that or not yet lol

If it’s not to much work go for it. Could be a a career changer.
    Metal fabricator! How does it sound?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That loos great. looks like it came from the factory like that. Awesome job ^5

Thanks, I’ve been offered $400 for it or to make two more. That’d be about $200 profit each, Not sure if I want to get into that or not yet lol

If it’s not to much work go for it. Could be a a career changer.
    Metal fabricator! How does it sound?

I’ve been a metal fabricator all my life, Working with wood was/is a secondary thing. I’m kinda like the ole ‘Jack Of All Trades’ type of guy, But the difference is I did Master a few…..Except Golf LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.738 seconds