dcsimg

Mafell PSS3100e

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kamster
    Pro

I did a search and didn’t see a thread about this saw. I was reading Core77 and he had a video of this self-propelled saw (Mafell has it listed as a panel saw on their web site) in action from this year’s tool show in Germany. It looks like the earliest youtube video of it is from 2010 so its not new but I’ve never heard about it.

This is the saw in action

I can’t imagine how much this saw would cost but I thought it was a pretty neat feature to have the dust collection integrated into the rail system so you are not having a vacuum hose being dragged the length of the cut.

What types of situations would a self-propelled saw be needed in versus using a standard track saw?

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

It came up a few times here and there, I think the $3800 price tag deterred most people.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

If I had a production cabinet shop, I would be first in line for something like this. I agree, the self storing vacuum hose is a huge plus.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Just seems like it would be to heavy to move around during a project . Two men to place it on your marks .

Always willing to learn .

Very cool, but niche market given the size and price.

Will

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Maffell makes some awesome stuff. I wish I could afford some of those things.

Have you seen there Instagram account . They have awesome saws that cut massive beams .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It came up a few times here and there, I think the $3800 price tag deterred most people.

Wow, that’s spendy..

@thedude306
    has the Mafell track saw. No idea if it’s the self propelled version though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

If you think about the price, it wouldn’t be too unreasonable given its a monster sized self propelled track saw. No chance of kickback there and it has a central vacuum source right at the controls.

When you compare it to a nicely sliding table saw or a sawstop cabinet saw, it’s more than reasonable.

Definitely a niche tool.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

If you think about the price, it wouldn’t be too unreasonable given its a monster sized self propelled track saw. No chance of kickback there and it has a central vacuum source right at the controls.

When you compare it to a nicely sliding table saw or a sawstop cabinet saw, it’s more than reasonable.

Definitely a niche tool.

Being a low volume product probably accounts for a chunk of the price too.

Doobie

Seen it before long ago. In Canada, Mafell is not really penetrated enough in our market for my comfort to take a chance on their stuff. I always look at service as a component with buying a brand/product.

I love their chain mortiser myself. Super cool!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah i don’t understand why mafell hasn’t taken a foothold in Canada, i love the tracksaw. I love the fact that the track saw has an automatic return. when i can find a project to justify the tracksaw, i would definitely splurge on it.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’ve got two mafell saws and I wouldn’t hesitate to get more. Their tools are top notch. Service from Timberwolf has been excellent. Shipping sucks but that’s the world we live in. I am really surprised they haven’t tried to get in on the west coast log home builders.

That self propelled unit is pretty slick. Beyond what I would ever need.

My next purchase will be the mafell jigsaw.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

From what reviews I’ve seen plus videos that jigsaw is the tops of tops @thedude306 . Did you see there bandsaw in action Just wow .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow a self propelled track saw. That is nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This saw is pretty cool and would work well as an alternate to a sliding table saw. Work off the pile of sheet stock verses bringing each sheet to the saw. That is where is excels.

I also have two Mafell saws and agree with Brad that they are top notch. I have the jigsaw and it is the best jigsaw I have ever used hands down. I think I have posted several videos of using it here and the end results. I also have the larger KSS80 and it is a dream saw – same capacity cut as a 10 inch cabinet saw, but in a portable package with accurate cross-cut capability.

I have been really eyeing one of the smaller KSS300 saws, but am considering the battery versions if they make it to North America. If not I might opt for on of the new Festool HK units when they make it over here this fall.

As for service, TW has been great. I actually had an issue with my jigsaw and they sent me a new one without hesitation and had me return the broken one to them, taking care of shipping both ways. They fixed my machine and use it as a demo unit now – it was an easy fix according to TW with a bearing or something that was damaged and a flukey thing. But, I had to use the service and was not disappointed in the least.

Orange County, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Have you seen there Instagram account . They have awesome saws that cut massive beams .

Yes thats where I actually have seen some of these saws first.

Doobie

Service from Timberwolf has been excellent.

Do you have a link for them? I could only pull up fireplace companies on that name doing a G search.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the self-propelled saw looks pretty good from mafell. but the price is shocking.

Do you have a link for them?

I was curious what type of saws mafell has and just typed it into google and the timberwolf was the first site which popped up.
    http://www.timberwolftools.com/

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

the self-propelled saw looks pretty good from mafell. but the price is shocking.

Do you have a link for them?

I was curious what type of saws mafell has and just typed it into google and the timberwolf was the first site which popped up.
    http://www.timberwolftools.com/

Thanks. I could not get that Google link at all earlier. Must be their insidious algorithms for searching stuff over at Google and my being in that ever distant and alien country of “CANADA” Go figure. Hehehehe!

I must say, kinda strange seeing this on their main page…

“Short on cash, but ready to purchase a Mafell Z5Ec band saw or ”

Makes me shudder a bit when I read that as to what kind of retailer they are. Who else does that that is reputable?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.535 seconds