dcsimg

Mafell KS 140

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I don’t think that storage would hurt the rail – it is pretty thick steel from what I have read and it is pretty tough. The cool thing with this saw is that it would also use the standard F track rails if you wanted something more rigid.

Orange County, CA

not the 55, just the Kss400 I have.

Brad, have you compared the Festool TS55REQ to your 55 Mafell? Just curious about the power and how smooth it is.

Calidecks has both saws and the Mafell is more powerful. I have found the TS55 to be somewhat lacking in power. That is why I went with the TS75. If I had known about Mafell back then, I would have opted for the MT55 saw.

Orange County, CA

Brad, have you compared the Festool TS55REQ to your 55 Mafell? Just curious about the power and how smooth it is.

Calidecks has both saws and the Mafell is more powerful. I have found the TS55 to be somewhat lacking in power. That is why I went with the TS75. If I had known about Mafell back then, I would have opted for the MT55 saw.

Thanks @MrToolJunkie I’ve been thinking about getting the 75 but more as a pipe dream. I have been cutting mostly sheet goods and a little bit of 1″ Tiger maple no problems. But some of thick stuff I could see maybe gettingmitsmbigger brother.

woodman_412

That’s really cool. I didn’t know that a flexible track existed. I can see how the flexibility could be a downside in certain situations but it’s hard to beat for being a compact system.

Dan

danpattison.com

Thanks @MrToolJunkie I’ve been thinking about getting the 75 but more as a pipe dream. I have been cutting mostly sheet goods and a little bit of 1″ Tiger maple no problems. But some of thick stuff I could see maybe gettingmitsmbigger brother.

If you work with any thicker stock it makes a difference. Of course blade choice can help as well. I usually just use the standard 36 tooth blade for most cuts and it is has been fine for what I need it to do. And of course I have my Mafell KSS80 for the big stuff!

Orange County, CA

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.249 seconds