dcsimg

Mafell KS 140

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I just seen a video of it in use . Crazy how the track folds up into circle then in a systainer . Video is from a UK tool store . The kss300 and kss400 I believe run on that track . I’ve never seen anything like it before.

Always willing to learn .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

pretty cool huh! It is a truly unique system.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That flexible track is sweet!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Yep…these tools are in a different class for sure. I think that there are three of us on BTP that have jumped into the Mafell swimming pool…

Orange County, CA

Oh…and the KSS300 is the exact same saw with the added benefit of a cross-cut track that allows perfect 90 degree and angled cuts on a cross-cut track. It too all fits in a Systainer.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think it gets some mixed reviews. I know it does have a learning curve to it to understand that it doesn’t lie perfectly flat and that it’s not going to replace the traditional rail.

It’s good for flooring and roofs etc.

Brad T

staker
    Pro

Looks like a sleek system for sure, after a few bad employee days and a few kinks wonder how it will be then.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Yep…these tools are in a different class for sure. I think that there are three of us on BTP that have jumped into the Mafell swimming pool…

And the waters warm!

I can’t find a price on the track .

And the waters warm!

AHHH! Dammit Mike…who peed in the pool again?

That track looks awesome! Does it work with the 55 you have Brad or Mike?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

very interesting indeed, anyone want to send me one to try

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

not the 55, just the Kss400 I have.

Brad T

I can’t find a price on the track .

You would have to call Timberwolf to get a price. I don’t think it can get kinked or at least not very easily. I have heard that you have to either let the saw come to a stop before removing it or lift it off and away from the rail less you risk cutting into it. I think it is a slick system.

Here is a good video of this saw in action:

Orange County, CA

Thanks for sharing the video . I see that the track really don’t lay flat to surface. @MrToolJunkie

On the one that rolls I think it is flexible. It is supposed to grip on the bottom. I do not have one personally, just the F-Style rails that are very rigid. But for a portable site solution I think it would be great.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

And the waters warm!

AHHH! Dammit Mike…who peed in the pool again?

That track looks awesome! Does it work with the 55 you have Brad or Mike?

I think he said it was warm not yellow….

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

On the one that rolls I think it is flexible. It is supposed to grip on the bottom. I do not have one personally, just the F-Style rails that are very rigid. But for a portable site solution I think it would be great.

I think that’s the only selling feature is that it’s portable . No long rails to store .

not the 55, just the Kss400 I have.

Brad, have you compared the Festool TS55REQ to your 55 Mafell? Just curious about the power and how smooth it is.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Pretty cool little system, especially for storage. I wonder though that if it was stored too long if it would be too difficult to get it flat. I mean would it hold the curve for storage if you only used it once in a while?

Pretty cool little system, especially for storage. I wonder though that if it was stored too long if it would be too difficult to get it flat. I mean would it hold the curve for storage if you only used it once in a while?

That’s a very good point . Plus the temperature its stored would play into it .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.590 seconds