dcsimg

made in USA

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I took this ½”drive ratchet to Sears because I broke it. They did not replace it, instead she put a new ratchet mec. in it. The sweet young lady told me all the parts are still Made in the USA and sent to China to be assembled then sent back.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Probably doesn’t know what she’s talking about, sears switched manufacturer a few years ago.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Probably doesn’t know what she’s talking about, sears switched manufacturer a few years ago.

No she was talking very straight with me and I believed her. Maybe it’s you that doesn’t know what you’re talking about???

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I took this ½”drive ratchet to Sears because I broke it. They did not replace it, instead she put a new ratchet mec. in it.

Used to be Sears would take your old broken ratchet and replace it with a ratchet that had been previously repaired. The new ratchet had an R stamped in it. A lot of people complained about it so Sears either gives you the parts to repair it or does it on site while you wait.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I took this ½”drive ratchet to Sears because I broke it. They did not replace it, instead she put a new ratchet mec. in it.

Used to be Sears would take your old broken ratchet and replace it with a ratchet that had been previously repaired. The new ratchet had an R stamped in it. A lot of people complained about it so Sears either gives you the parts to repair it or does it on site while you wait.

They have been giving out the replacement parts for a while here. First time they did it I thought it was the cheap way out for them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Think one of the best things that sears had going for them was the fact that they instantly tools with no questions asked. Everyone knew that snap-on did the same to the mechanics. Then there was craftsman for the rest of us. It was a great concept.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I wonder how they will repair the broken screw drivers I have? I guess one day I should get down there and see what the do.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wonder how they will repair the broken screw drivers I have? I guess one day I should get down there and see what the do.

For screwdrivers that are broken they just get a new one off the rack. The Snap-on guy (or any of the tool trucks) only replace what is broken on the screwdriver the handle or shaft. If the shaft is broken, they remove it from the handle and put in a new shaft. They have repair parts for shafts and handle on the truck.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I took this ½”drive ratchet to Sears because I broke it. They did not replace it, instead she put a new ratchet mec. in it. The sweet young lady told me all the parts are still Made in the USA and sent to China to be assembled then sent back.

What broke ? I don’t think I ever broke one, but I’ve had them slip. With a quick cleaning to get the funk out from around the gear, pawl and spring and some light grease they were as good as new.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No she was talking very straight with me and I believed her. Maybe it’s you that doesn’t know what you’re talking about???

Talking straight doesn’t mean she knows what she’s talking about.

Here’s a blurb on it. http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181081

Doobie

That’s got to be a phoney Sears letter. Who’s last name is only the letter “B”. 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What broke ? I don’t think I ever broke one, but I’ve had them slip. With a quick cleaning to get the funk out from around the gear, pawl and spring and some light grease they were as good as new.

The small lever that’s use to change from reverse to forward broke.

Talking straight doesn’t mean she knows what she’s talking about. Search for where craftsman tools are made and the answer is clear.

I did.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well that was from the 1st month of 2013 and this is the 7th month of 2015. A lot of work has come back to the USA because of tax laws passed, it’s why DeWalt is now building back in the USA. I would guess if the ratchet said Made in the USA on it, it would be. This is what I read,,,”Please understand that our decision to manufacture some of our Craftsman tools outside the United States was not made lightly.”
    Now what the sweet young lady that I was talking about and what I was talking about was the ratchet I posted a pic of above.
    “Craftsman brand hand tools, made for SEARS by Danaher Tool Group, are now a mix of USA-made and imported. (Craftsman power tools are imported).”
    from this page……………..
    http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/tools.html
    I would think an employee of Sears would be the most informed on where the products are made. She did say it was assembled in China.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.423 seconds