dcsimg

made in USA

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

What really bothers me are companies like nike and other high end clothing companies that use sweat shop chinese labour to produce sneakers at a cost of probably $10 and sell them to us for $200.

Your key word was ‘sell’ which means somebody ‘buys’.
    I buy $30 tennies and get a few years out of them as they go from wear in public through wear in shop to eventually wear in yard.
    Often, those clients buying $200 sneakers do not have a clue as to the value of the item or the value of the money they are buying it with.
    My two cents.

Great point. I am doing exactly what you do. My running or hiking / mountain shoes see the same, first from public to the garage, and final stop the grass lol. I have had some for a good 4 years. Even the garbage can cringed when I dropped them in lol

now try buying REAL leather shoes, the ones where you wear out something, and you can get the cobbler to replace them.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just put this in my cart
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CJSQ4S/ref=pe_1843280_142188780_em_1p_0_ti
    I need this smaller size. Anybody have and use it???
    I see it’s made in the USofA too.

Sidenote= When I search Yahoo for “made n the USA/bethepro.com” to find this thread I get this,,,,http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=made+n+the+USA%2Fbethepro.com&ei=UTF-8&fr=yff40c
    And on that page I see most of my worm drive saws

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Starrett makes some good tools. I have a machinist ruler and some precision measuring tools from them (mics and dial bore gauge). Great price for a quality tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sidenote= When I search Yahoo for “made n the USA/bethepro.com” to find this thread I get this,,,,http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=made+n+the+USA%2Fbethepro.com&ei=UTF-8&fr=yff40c

I’m finding BTP at the top of the page more and more when doing searches.

I like the size of that one.

Have you looked at the Bosch DAF220K? I think I have put it near the top of my list.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Starrett are great precision tools, and have been for a lot of years. You know that you’re buying quality and at that price, you can’t go wrong.

We bought one of their precision machine levels a while back, to level a lathe, and you can see the quality in their tools.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Have you looked at the Bosch DAF220K? I think I have put it near the top of my list.

No I haven’t looked at that one ,,but thanks for the video. It looks like a great tools and has risen to the top of my list too.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No I haven’t looked at that one ,,but thanks for the video. It looks like a great tools and has risen to the top of my list too.

I have that tool and really like it. I got it for doing driveline work. Checking driveshaft angles. It was bigger than I thought it would be. I also got the digital level, it also very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Thought I’d post my rant for today here in this thread. Today, we had to replace a less than three year old Jandy NG pool heater become the fire box inside of it had basically collapsed. I called the company to find out if it was still covered under warranty, but they only offer one year so I was SOL.

Ended up replacing it with a Hayward instead. Seems that Jandy all all their crap made in China whereas Hayward still makes their stuff in the good old US of A.

Can’t believe a $2,000 heater is kaputz in under three years. What a POS! I should mention for anybody looking to buy a pool in Ontario to not even think about buying from Pioneer Pools. We have had no end of problems with practically everything we bought from them along with the initial installation.

I even found out today that the pump they sold with our pool is not even a real pump. Apparently they buy Hayward pump bodies and put third party motor in it. It just never ends on this bad decision to have gone with Pioneer. Over the past three years I’ve discovered that everything is proprietor parts or components and the cheapest crap that you can get.

Even the rubber O-rings at the fittings are nowhere to be found other than going thru Pioneer which I refused to do shortly after our initial pool installation when we were experiencing problems with them and were not getting satisfactory resolution. Everything except the pool itself has gradually been getting replaced. I bet the pump is not far behind either.

Rant over!!!! 🙁

Wow Kevin. Pretty crappy situation with the pool. Sorry you have to deal with this. Sounds like fodder for a lawyer.

Doobie

Wow Kevin. Pretty crappy situation with the pool. Sorry you have to deal with this. Sounds like fodder for a lawyer.

My wife and I did discuss that. May be worth sitting down with one to see if is worth pursuing.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Not familiar with situation like this so excuse the dumb question, but if it broke after warranty, what could you realistically accomplish with a lawsuit?

Doobie

Not familiar with situation like this so excuse the dumb question, but if it broke after warranty, what could you realistically accomplish with a lawsuit?

The lawsuit would be more to do with the myriad of other issues we’ve had mostly to do with the installation and costs we’ve incurred with having to remedy their screw ups.

Coupled with inferior mechanicals sold to us, it may or may not be worth pursuing a suit for an overall failure in the contract we signed with them.

Thing is, we also just want to not also do more damage to ourselves with pursuing a suit and the mental anguish that could result in pursuing, especially if at the end it turned out to not be successful. We did say to ourselves, crap happens, we never should have dealt with them, and let’s just move on.

Then today to unexpectedly have a heater fail that is not even 3 years old, it just stirs up the pot all over again. It’s absolutely enraging at this point frankly!

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Ah I see. Could you try to go through small claims court since you don’t need a lawyer for that? So if it’s not successful you aren’t losing much.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have had no end of problems with practically everything we bought from them along with the initial installation.

Did this pool come with a new house or did you have it put in?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Over the past three years I’ve discovered that everything is proprietor parts or components and the cheapest crap that you can get.

Heck of a marketing plan buy the cheapest crap available and modify it so that only you can supply the repair parts which you know they will need in short order. Some people.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Over the past three years I’ve discovered that everything is proprietor parts or components and the cheapest crap that you can get.

Heck of a marketing plan buy the cheapest crap available and modify it so that only you can supply the repair parts which you know they will need in short order. Some people.

thats like false advertising if they are buying the shell and putting other components in, maybe you can talk to the makers of the shell to tell them hey your reputation is getting tarnished because of pioneer pools.

<P>Thought I’d post my rant for today here in this thread. Today, we had to replace a less than three year old Jandy NG pool heater become the fire box inside of it had basically collapsed. I called the company to find out if it was still covered under warranty, but they only offer one year so I was SOL.</P>
    <P>Ended up replacing it with a Hayward instead. Seems that Jandy all all their crap made in China whereas Hayward still makes their stuff in the good old US of A.</P>
    <P>Can’t believe a $2,000 heater is kaputz in under three years. What a POS! I should mention for anybody looking to buy a pool in Ontario to not even think about buying from Pioneer Pools. We have had no end of problems with practically everything we bought from them along with the initial installation. </P>
    <P>I even found out today that the pump they sold with our pool is not even a real pump. Apparently they buy Hayward pump bodies and put third party motor in it. It just never ends on this bad decision to have gone with Pioneer. Over the past three years I’ve discovered that everything is proprietor parts or components and the cheapest crap that you can get. </P>
    <P>Even the rubber O-rings at the fittings are nowhere to be found other than going thru Pioneer which I refused to do shortly after our initial pool installation when we were experiencing problems with them and were not getting satisfactory resolution. Everything except the pool itself has gradually been getting replaced. I bet the pump is not far behind either.</P>
    <P>Rant over!!!! :(</P>

Man sounds simular to our pool, actually we bought this home in Dec 12 , in 2013 August the Jandy pool heate r died, but after seeing how the old owner was treating his pool with the chemicals chlorine , noticed the water was way out of balance , so the P H and all the other way off, basically the copper just rotted away, we decided to go with the Hayward also , because it has the copronickel heater element, the Jandy still use only copper, anyway I thought that tyhe policy for appliances are even thought the warranty is up , it is still a law that the govmt states that say you buy a fridge with a 1 year warranty and 18 months later it dies,they are suppose to do something because even though the warranty is up , the law says it is suppose to last for an approx amount of time , i believe if you call consumer protection they might be able to back this up , or explain it better than I vcertainly can lol, good luck, we went through many many tests for the copper and metal levels in the pool, after all that , we installed the Hyward and changed it over to salt system, much better , everything is working as it should be , once again good luck, please keep me posted.

Doobie

We have had no end of problems with practically everything we bought from them along with the initial installation.

Did this pool come with a new house or did you have it put in?

We had it intalled by the dealer in August 2012.

Man sounds simular to our pool, actually we bought this home in Dec 12 , in 2013 August the Jandy pool heate r died, but after seeing how the old owner was treating his pool with the chemicals chlorine , noticed the water was way out of balance , so the P H and all the other way off, basically the copper just rotted away…..

We were also told how important it was to keep ypur water chemicals properly balanced which I’ve always done. This failure though had nothing to do with that although with the fire box collapsing, it also would have needed the copper manifold to be replaced as well as it was overheated and compromised.

The whole repair would have costed pretty well what a new unit ended up costing us. Fire box and manifold were $600 each and the melted igniter, its box and sensor another $350, plus a few hpurs labout at $100 an hour rebuilding it adds up pretty well darn close to the $2200 a new one costs installed.

Ya live and learn sometimes.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Sorry about your bad experience with your pool, i’ll bet it’s even hard for you to enjoy it now, everytime you look at it probably reminds you of all the headaches. Just to go back a few pages, you guys who have bosch tools made in several different countries, is there any differences you can notice, either in quality of components or performance? Or should country of origin really be considered a non issue when shopping for new tools? All the bosch stuff i looked at in rona yesterday said ‘made in china’

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Ouch, that’s no fun, hope you get it resolved.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.346 seconds