dcsimg

made in USA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Author

I bought a new truck last October. My wife is an equestrian so towing capacity is a big deal. Ends up I bought a Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD. I had a Dodge Ram a few years ago and wanted to buy another, I am not a Ford or GMC guy (sorry fellas). Any ways I digress….the Dodge Rams I looked at are built in Mexico now! My Tundra…..Texas.

It is good to see more companies moving manufacturing or assembly back to the US. Hopefully more of that will happen.

Orange County, CA

Wow I didn`t know that about the Rams. or the Tundra .

My Toyota Sequoia was built in Indiana.

My old Escape was built in Kentucky.

monman1
    Pro

My 2000 Dodge ram van was made in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

KenW
    Pro

It is good to see more companies moving manufacturing or assembly back to the US. Hopefully more of that will happen.

Amen to that. America needs this.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Look at it, the Japanese are moving their assembly lines to the US. The US moves ours to Mexico. Why? Costs. For Japan it is cheaper to build the vehicle in the US than it is in Japan and ship it here. For the US it is cheaper to build in Mexico and ship to the US.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy so true, funny how its working out, well I dont mean funny when people loss the jobs.

I went through some other Bosch tools I have had since 2005 , I was amazed that my circ saw was made in Mexico, and also my sawsal, but the jigsaw and hammerdrill are made in Switzerland , those tools came in a kit , and the others I bought seperately are different places, the other circ saw was made in China and the other Hammer drill again in Switzerland, , the 1/4 inch and 1/2 drive impactors plus the compact drill are made in Malaysia, and the planner is made in Germany. the 3 flashlights are all made in China, keep in mind these are the older ni-cads and cordless.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Noticed today the tin rack we have on the baker sports an. “Assembled in USA, sticker, yet there’s a China sticker on the tines.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

@theamcguy so true, funny how its working out, well I dont mean funny when people loss the jobs.

I went through some other Bosch tools I have had since 2005 , I was amazed that my circ saw was made in Mexico, and also my sawsal, but the jigsaw and hammerdrill are made in Switzerland , those tools came in a kit , and the others I bought seperately are different places, the other circ saw was made in China and the other Hammer drill again in Switzerland, , the 1/4 inch and 1/2 drive impactors plus the compact drill are made in Malaysia, and the planner is made in Germany. the 3 flashlights are all made in China, keep in mind these are the older ni-cads and cordless.

Interesting finds @boschmanbrian. I gotta take a look and see where my tools come from.

I don’t think China equates with cheap necessarily, but some people definitely feel strongly about a difference in quality of product between a Swiss made jigsaw vs. Chinese jigsaw (within the same brand)

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Noticed today the tin rack we have on the baker sports an. “Assembled in USA, sticker, yet there’s a China sticker on the tines.

Looks like the finished product was assembled in the USA from parts made offshore. Common anymore.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Look at it, the Japanese are moving their assembly lines to the US. The US moves ours to Mexico. Why? Costs. For Japan it is cheaper to build the vehicle in the US than it is in Japan and ship it here. For the US it is cheaper to build in Mexico and ship to the US.

Very true.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

It’s a shame to price yourself out of the market for any reason.
    More shameful is when the cause anywhere along the line feels abandonded when the company finds a cheaper way.
    The companies are in business to make money just like we are when we use their product.
    Remember the ruckus when car plants began using robot welders?
    What happened to Kodak and all the film processing places when digital imaging came along – and kept getting better and cheaper?
    Remember when tools had metal bodies? And on and on.
    If there are 2 boxes of the identical product on the shelf and one costs twice as much, which do you buy?
    For different products, wherever the raw materials, assembly, and boxing come from, it boils down to expected performance and price.
    For me.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

If I’m mistaken, some tools such as Jigsaw, Sander and some cordless hammer drill are made in Switzerland

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s all about marketing to the patriots.

Made in the USA means only that a significant portion of the components need to be made in the USA the percentage is not specified. Assembled in the USA means only that the final assembly point was the USA and it can use parts sourced from all over the world.

And doesn’t always help with off shore banking, but it is a start

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Nowadays, I have seen the packaging that ” Made in USA with global materials”. Is that mean they will process all the material in U.S or they just assembly all the parts in U.S?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My old Escape was built in Kentucky.

My 2010 ford escape was built in kentucky too and it rusted the first year right after winter.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yup this bad boy Made In the USA.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.403 seconds