dcsimg

made in USA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
  • Author

I was moving around some tools before, and came across this one. It’s my 21618 high torque impact. It says assembled in USA. Don’t see this to often. This is a keeper.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

nice you dont see many of any brand like that let alone Bosch

KenW
    Pro

Where do the parts come from? I don’t know off hand.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Assembled is USA is a start…..

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I was just going to say that 🙂 Or you can have the packaged in the U.S label

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s right. Would like to see more of this.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

staker
    Pro

Not much is made in usa or canada anymore, and it is a real shame.Our governments keep signing free trade deals with other countries, instead they should be charging import tariffs a thousand dollars to a dollar, then we can keep our jobs.

Nice find by the way would be nice to see more of Bosch tools assembled in USA or Canada

It would be nice to have a fair playing field , maybe some factories and jobs

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Well we may see more. China’s labor cost are starting to sky rocket that and the transportation costs are making it less attractive to make over there.

Our joke long ago was “assembled in China, using Japanese parts, by Americans”

I’ve got my new (a couple of months old) Dewalt DCD985 hammer drill made here! Bow that guy kicks some serious tail too in the concrete department! More than I thought it would.

Good to see the Made in USA. I wonder what else Bosch makes here? Anything you can share @BeThePro with us?

That’s right. Would like to see more of this.

Reminds me of this thread:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/made-in-usa-do-you-care/

It is really interesting to me that they assembled it here in the USA… I wonder if it is a more popular tool in USA vs. Europe

John S

DanSB
    Pro
    Buffalo, NY

That is great to see. Hopefully we will see more production here. As discussed in the thread @supimeister posted, quality is still the top priority for us as consumers.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I was moving around some tools before, and came across this one. It’s my 21618 high torque impact. It says assembled in USA. Don’t see this to often. This is a keeper.

I think most tools were assembled in America at one time before china come along . 🙂

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I see a lot of dewalt drills that are assembled in USA

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is nice to see, I try to look when I get a new Bosch tool and so far I don’t remember seeing that yet. The closest I saw was Mexico LOL

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I wonder what % of a product must be actually “made in the usa” before it can carry that label. Heck our cars are only assembled here but seem to still have the “made in the usa” label

Yeah. I will go through my tools later this weekend, keep in mind I have the older Bosch tools the ni-cad platform. Some of them are even made in Germany, and yes I heard that Dewalt is starting to bring back the manufacturing in the USA. Anyway I was just going through some things in my garage,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder what % of a product must be actually “made in the usa” before it can carry that label. Heck our cars are only assembled here but seem to still have the “made in the usa” label

Good question since almost every bolt & nut is metric

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Made in the USA means only that a significant portion of the components need to be made in the USA the percentage is not specified. Assembled in the USA means only that the final assembly point was the USA and it can use parts sourced from all over the world.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.368 seconds