dcsimg

Machine Sanders (drum, disc, etc)

This topic contains 94 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I’m probably going to make some myself. I got a good deal on some flooring that wasn’t selling. I think I’ll use that.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

Does anyone have any experience using a Supermax Tools Combo Brush / Drum sander, or any kind of brush sander? Looking for options to quickly sand profiled panels such as raised panel doors, carvings, ect.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I havnt used one for carvings, or the like, but my local tool store let me ryn some material through one of theres. It was pretty nice. Ask a place close to you if you can use their floor model to try it out. The place I go let’s me use whatever they have, whether I’m buying or not.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

redwood
    Pro

I thought I should mention I purchased a Supermax 13/32 drum sander last month. I wish I had gotten one sooner. So far I’ve used it on some slabs and it works great. Not quick though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I thought I should mention I purchased a Supermax 13/32 drum sander last month. I wish I had gotten one sooner. So far I’ve used it on some slabs and it works great. Not quick though.

Any issues with a ‘ridge’ on the open end of the sander after a pass through? That has always been a concern of mine that you would either need to keep passing it through to remove a ridge – or hand sand it out after the machine passes.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Any issues with a ‘ridge’ on the open end of the sander after a pass through? That has always been a concern of mine that you would either need to keep passing it through to remove a ridge – or hand sand it out after the machine passes.

I have thought about that as well. Is that an issue with the open end?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How wide of a slab can you run through it??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I would have liked something like that years ago if I had the room for it. Who knows, I may end up with one in my shed quasi 2nd shop along with a CNC like yours. Still not ready for either yet, maybe in a couple more years once other dominos fall in place allowing such.

Is this the model you got Mark?

http://www.supermaxtools.com/products/wood/13″-combo-brushdrum-sander/

Attachments:

Doobie

Who wide of a slab can you run through it??

The ’13’ in the model I believe denotes its width capacity hence 13 inches.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought I should mention I purchased a Supermax 13/32 drum sander last month. I wish I had gotten one sooner.

Nice Mark. I’m sure they come in useful. Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I like the fast up and down on the 16/32 better than my 19/38. But the extra width is worth the time it takes to crank the head up and down. Actually wish I had gotten the 25/50. Doing one pass on all cabinet doors would have been worth the extra money to me now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the fast up and down on the 16/32 better than my 19/38. But the extra width is worth the time it takes to crank the head up and down. Actually wish I had gotten the 25/50. Doing one pass on all cabinet doors would have been worth the extra money to me now.

Hind sight is always 20 20,, So wider material you can make 2 passes to get it all sanded?

Dirty

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Hind sight is always 20 20,, So wider material you can make 2 passes to get it all sanded?

Yes, My 19/38 will do up to a 19″ wide board in one pass or a 38″ with two by flipping the board around.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes, My 19/38 will do up to a 19″ wide board in one pass or a 38″ with two by flipping the board around.

That really gets me when I buy a tool then after using it realize I should have spent more money and gotten the better one.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That really gets me when I buy a tool then after using it realize I should have spent more money and gotten the better one.

I thought I was the only one that happened to. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.517 seconds