dcsimg

Machine Sanders (drum, disc, etc)

This topic contains 94 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Here’s the pic I tried yesterday. Yes @ronw I did. My tool guy dropped another hundred off without me even asking. Couldn’t pass it up.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Awesome congratulations! I am jealous, my new planer comes first before I even look seriously at a drum sander.

Will

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I should have started with a better planer, but this came up and I couldn’t turn it down. Plus I want to make some work benches, and raised panels so this will work great.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve been scouring Craigslist lately for some stationary sanding equipment…they are either overpriced junk or overpriced/out of my price range quality stuff.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Here’s the pic I tried yesterday. Yes @ronw I did. My tool guy dropped another hundred off without me even asking. Couldn’t pass it up.

Nice! The sandpaper will not be cheap. I have wasted some on my smaller Powermatic by sanding some oily exotics (gummed and burned it). Pine is another one for messing up the sandpaper too. Have fun!!

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Nice! The sandpaper will not be cheap. I have wasted some on my smaller Powermatic by sanding some oily exotics (gummed and burned it). Pine is another one for messing up the sandpaper too. Have fun!!

yeah, I’ve burned my fair share with my old one. Never did anything exotics though. It came with 5 roles of paper. Hopefully that lasted a while.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan that is very nice addition to the shop.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Here’s the pic I tried yesterday. Yes ronw I did. My tool guy dropped another hundred off without me even asking. Couldn’t pass it up.

Congrats, Very nice sander. Will be looking forward to seeing it set up in your shop.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

sweet sander, thats too good to say no to.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Here’s are a couple more a little closers.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Here’s the pic I tried yesterday. Yes ronw I did. My tool guy dropped another hundred off without me even asking. Couldn’t pass it up.

Congrats, Very nice sander. Will be looking forward to seeing it set up in your shop.

Thanks guys.
    @ronw me too. Still have to buy wire and run it. Luckily the dust collection is already run most of the way

woodman_412

Congrats on the sander! That looks like a really nice machine. I’m sure you’ll put that to good use. Wouldn’t mind having something like that parked in my shop for certain projects.

Dan

danpattison.com

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Congrats on the sander! That looks like a really nice machine. I’m sure you’ll put that to good use. Wouldn’t mind having something like that parked in my shop for certain projects.

Thanks. Planning on first project being new bench top

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks new. Someone took very good care of it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

No kidding…that sander is impossibly clean. I’ll bet it has never had the sandpaper changed based on the looks of it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

That’s a nice sander Dan. Wish I had the room for one of those. 🙁

woodman_412

What kind of depth will it take off in one pass Dan?

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

If i find one on kijiji, i am so picking one up, i want one for the cutting boards i make .

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Looks new. Someone took very good care of it.

yes they did @ronw. I was told the previous owner was an older guy who didn’t use it much.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

What kind of depth will it take off in one pass Dan?

@woodman 412 i haven’t gotten it hooked up yet, but I’ll keep you updated when I do.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.549 seconds