dcsimg

M18 Fuel 10" SCMS

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I see that in October of this year Milwaukee is releasing a M18 Fuel dual bevel sliding compound miter saw. According to company specs it can cut 5-3/4″ vertical, 5-1/4″ crown nested and crosscut a 2×12. The release also states that with the high demand 9.0 batter the saw can make 400 cuts – that is pretty impressive. Specs say that the saw weighs in 45 pounds; not exactly a light weight but not bad for a 10″ slider.

Milwaukee says that the saw will come with a 9.0 high demand battery pack, M18/M12 rapid charger, blade wrench, 60 tooth blade, dust bag, and clamp.

Anybody looking into cordless miter saws? I am really leaning towards one for the convenience – a lot of the trim I do anymore is just a handful of windows and doors and miscellaneous trim in for kitchen cabinets.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

You do know that Dewalt now has a 12″ cordless model right? It even has the ability to be plugged in. While I have yet to see or use one, I think it will be the route that they all take soon. Cordless when you need it, corded when you don’t.

I’m so confused on watch brand to pick . I have Dewalt products . But like the Ridgid 7 1/4 cordless that Robb did a review on . Now with the Milwaukee release should jump on that cause it’s a 10″ blade .

Always willing to learn .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m liking the idea of a cordless miter saw more and more all the time. Like Chad said one would be great for trim work. The competition is getting tough between all the tool company’s. Hard to have just one line of tools now days.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

You do know that Dewalt now has a 12″ cordless model right? It even has the ability to be plugged in. While I have yet to see or use one, I think it will be the route that they all take soon. Cordless when you need it, corded when you don’t.

Oh yeah, I know Dewalt has the 12″ cordless. The option to plug the saw in is brilliant and I wouldn’t be surprised to see other companies go the same route.

From a work perspective I am leaning towards the Milwaukee bexcuse of the 10″ blade (the 7-1/4″ Ridgid also has my eye). I have a 12″ SCMS now and it is a very rare occasion that I need a 12″ blade…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im hesitant to go with most dewalt cordless stuff.. everytime they try to put something new and revolutionary out they have major issues with them and either recall it or just discontinue it immediately because they dont know how to fix it. a few guys ive talked to have said teh flexvolt circ saw isnt overly impressive compared to teh m18 fuel saws

milwaukee seems to have been doing tons of homework on their cordless saw tech.. i might try to get my hands on the saw to review through toolbox buzz but we will see.. i am currently awaiting the bosch sc8s in a matter of days.. they want me to put together a review for a woodworking mag as they will be promoting it heavily

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Wow 400 cuts on a charge sounds pretty impressive. I’m not a DeWalt fan myself so this saw would definitely be more appealing to me. I haven’t found a big need for a cordless miter saw yet especially with my cross cut jig for my cordless circ saw but it would definitely be handy to have.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Dont have a need right now for a cordless miter box, maybe on some small side jobs it would be nice to have but for that stuff I wouldnt want a big 10 or 12 inch. The smaller 7 1/4″ cordless saws are more appealing to me. Unless you are in situations where there is absolutely no power at all I would rather drag out a cord.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Wow 400 cuts on a charge sounds pretty impressive

No kidding, sounds like they’ve got a pretty good saw here. Only a matter of time before we start to see these on more and more jobsites.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

i am currently awaiting the bosch sc8s in a matter of days.. they want me to put together a review for a woodworking mag as they will be promoting it heavily

Sweet deal Jeff! You will be able to put the saw through the paces for a good pro review. Look forward to reading it…what magazine?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I really think if I do a cordless miter saw it will be the Dewalt 7-1/4″ model. It seems like a nice balance of weight, size, and capacity. I can’t think of a time when I needed a larger miter saw that power wasn’t available and that I didn’t connect my vac to the saw as well…which also needs power…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But like the Ridgid 7 1/4 cordless that Robb did a review on .

That with the duel bevel looks great. I see them at my local HD for between 390$ and 410$,,,,,, with a 5.0ah battery and charger.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

It’s definitely a nice looking saw, I’m starting to get interested in one just to pull out for smaller jobs, and some of the rental maintenance I’ve taken on.

I’m liking that idea, I haven’t really read about that one, do you (or anyone) know if has an on board charger?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I see that in October of this year Milwaukee is releasing a M18 Fuel dual bevel sliding compound miter saw.

Heck of a saw. Thank you for posting Chad. Between that and the one from Ridgid it will be a tough decision.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I see that in October of this year Milwaukee is releasing a M18 Fuel dual bevel sliding compound miter saw.

Heck of a saw. Thank you for posting Chad. Between that and the one from Ridgid it will be a tough decision.

well ridgid does have the lifetime warranty so..food for thought. for the time being i don’t do any work where i can’t find a plug, unless i buy that remote property and start building.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im not sure what mag exactly.. its coming from the canadian offices so it could be canadian woodworking magazine.. it was monday they contacted me, as far as i know it shipped today but i dont have a tracking number yet to keep an eye for it

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Oh man, I want one of these saws so bad….Chad, thanks for the heads up.
    And with the kit including a 9.0aH battery too…awesome.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

i don’t do any work where i can’t find a plug, unless i buy that remote property and start building.

Cordless to me is about portability, I’m near plugs too but then there are extension cords, finding an open outlet etc. To me it is just easier to go cordless.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.264 seconds