dcsimg

Lunch coolers

This topic contains 39 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  ProTom 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author

What do you guys use to take your lunch with you to the jobsite?
    I imagine a lot us northerns are more interested in heating stuff up right now than keeping it cold… but I thought Pelican’s new cooler looked impressive:
    http://toolskool.com/pelican-cooler-progear-ice-chest-video-preview-nhs-2013/

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, its about time Pelican joined in the cooler game. Yeti had been leading the market with high density coolers for far too long. When I am working where I cannot get away for a meal I use a standard Igloo mid size cooler. Unfortunately I don’t get elaborate with a stove so I just eat cold sandwiches.

Anonymous

Geez, $279 for a work cooler? I think that one is a little overkill for a lunch box but might be good out on a boat or tailgater. Like Jason said, An igloo or something. there’s always the option of an l-box 3 of course 🙂

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

An Lboxx 3 modified with a 2″ surround made from expanding foam? May not need the 3 could probably get away with the 2 for most of my lunches. Best part it would click right on.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

An l boxx lunch boxx. Very cool. I usually don’t take stuff that needs refrigeration so I could just go with an l-boxx. That would be a great idea for people who work on a “crew” you know meet at a central location then travel to the worksite. L-boxxes for your tools and your Lunch boxx for your food and drink.

Right now I carry my provisions and sustainance in either a medium iglog with the top that slides from side to side or an old insulated camo soft sided bag that is actually made for carrying stuff on duck hunts. It is old and the insulation is no longer effective but it is neat lookiing and serves the purpose.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

cold sandwiches and chips and once and awhile some fruit for me..the taco bell drive through always works well also 🙂

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Anonymous

Indeed Jimmy-Jim, I rarely took my own lunch unless I knew it was going to be an out of town trip to the middle of nowhere type day. I hardly ever ate lunch anyway, And when I did it was a fast food thing

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have a small coleman lunchbox that i keep my food in.. in the warmer months i use it but come winter i just carry my lunch in a plastic bag. no need to keep it cold when its freezing outside

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

i have a small coleman lunchbox that i keep my food in.. in the warmer months i use it but come winter i just carry my lunch in a plastic bag. no need to keep it cold when its freezing outside

haha ain’t that the truth 🙁

yeah the price on the pelican is a bit steep – not too surprising though, eh? 🙂

and I am definitely down with the idea for an l-boxx lunch box. Not sure you can rename it very cool very easily… the Lu-boxx? The lun-boxx? The lunch boxx? I mean… Marketing might have a hard time with that one hahaha

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

They make Styrofoam inserts for 5 gallon pails, why not an l boxx

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a little cloth and plastic thing that I can drag out with me when I really need something, but most of the time I work through lunch. I can’t see spending the pelican amount for something that is going to get abused more than any other item I use. With the way the temperature was here to day, I would need one of these:

http://koolatrononline.stores.yahoo.net/koolatron-p85-krusader.html

I just haven’t read up enough to see how warm it will keep, or if it will keep things from freezing.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I think Lunch Boxx would be appropriate. They need to partner with thermos to make a square thermos bottle that fits in the Lunch Boxx, it could be called the Thermos Boxx.

Note to Aaron, if any of this comes true I would like a free one for my input 🙂

They make Styrofoam inserts for 5 gallon pails, why not an l boxx

http://www.sortimo-shop.com.au/lb-thermo-e-238.html

Bingo. Just need to get it here from Australia 🙂

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

No kidding, Sortimo always coming through. Now they need to make a 1/2 stove, 1/2 cooler insert for an Lboxx two so you can bring you lunch and heat it up too.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Jason, what you need is one of these

Multi fuel, super light.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Of course you boys up north of the border could always buy one of these sweet lunch containment devices.

http://www.metalfabricators.on.ca

Of course you boys up north of the border could always buy one of these sweet lunch containment devices.

http://www.metalfabricators.on.ca

Oh wow Jerry that is a bomb-proof lunchbox haha… “Lasts for 25-30 years” man…

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jason, what you need is one of these

Multi fuel, super light.

Very true Sven! The drywallers I work will are always cooking up delicious job site food and it makes me jealous. I do have a small Coleman camp stove that I could use. We will see if I get ambitious or continue to just eat cold sandwiches.

Attachments:

soft insulated lunchbox with a zipper pocket on the outside. put an ice pack in it in the summer. I think it was like $10.

soft insulated lunchbox with a zipper pocket on the outside. put an ice pack in it in the summer. I think it was like $10.

That’s pretty much what I use too. Keeps my food cold till lunch and depending on what it is gets eaten cold or heated in the clients microwave.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.505 seconds