dcsimg

Lunch breaks

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That was friggen hilarious!!!
    Today I had Turkey breast at Subway. As the girl was making it I looked over the counter to check the breast. I said is that breast? She laughed and said no, took it off and grabbed the beast meat.

Thanks, DWB – I got a laugh out of that reading it a couple of different ways and I’m still not sure which is right!

Oh you got it right…LOL.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

most of the time i pack a lunch, more often than not were within 5 minutes of a grocery store and our stores have a lunch counter so ill sometimes go there for something or ill grab a slice of pizza somewhere..

as for breaks.. we dont take a official morning break if you want to stop for a drink of water go right ahead.. occasionally one of us will make a coffee run, as for who does what at lunch theres no say… our crew is kinda clique ish.. two of our guys always go somewhere together.. another 3 guys always take lunch together sometimes they have packed lunches other times they go somewhere… typically i tend to be the floater on the crew so im either laying out framing or installing trim solo.. i do my own thing or if im with the crew ill go for the drive

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

two of our guys always go somewhere together.

You think they are having a beer or 2 with lunch?? I find it works that way.

Dirty

we start at 7 so coffee at 9 and lunch at 12. when I worked residential, we started at 8 so coffee was 10 and lunch at 1

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

we start at 7 so coffee at 9

You don’t keep a cup of coffee in your pocket and drink it as you work?

Dirty

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

back when i had a full time job i never took a break.
    taking a break made me tired…so i just work thru

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

When I was working full time I’d take lunch after everyone else got back. I’d usually stay on site in case I had to pitch in somewhere.

Now, I don’t eat a thing until my parrots decide they want to go to bed. If I try to have a meal when the parrots are up and about, I end up with bird beaks in my food. They like to share my meals – duh.

Pat

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

When I was working full time I’d take lunch after everyone else got back. I’d usually stay on site in case I had to pitch in somewhere.

Now, I don’t eat a thing until my parrots decide they want to go to bed. If I try to have a meal when the parrots are up and about, I end up with bird beaks in my food. They like to share my meals – duh.

can’t you just put them in their cages while you have your human food? lol…

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

can’t you just put them in their cages while you have your human food? lol…

Sometimes I do. But my Sun Conure will scream ear-piercing screams until I let him out. He’s spoiled, LOL.

Pat

yellaD
    Pro

I’d rather them go listen to “Bob Marley” or “Snoop Dogg” rather than have a couple beers. I trust their work more after, if they do any…:)

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i know so

I wish. you know how union jobs are. the breaks are mandated and set to the exact minute.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i know so

Yup so do I LOL!!

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What Kind of job was that?? I find when really working, I mean hard work a break with food is a must.

Dirty

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

What Kind of job was that?? I find when really working, I mean hard work a break with food is a must.

It would be hard to put in a days labor and not stop to eat something. You body must have something in it for energy.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

It would be hard to put in a days labor and not stop to eat something. You body must have something in it for energy.

I am sitting in the truck right now eating a chicken salad sandwich, granola bar, and some almonds. I have found anymore if I don’t eat lunch I start to get grumpy by early afternoon. And I very rarely eat breakfast so by lunchtime I am starving.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

im not talking about “not eating” 😀 more likely not taking a break for 30-45mins to eat breakfast/lunch. i grabbed something to eat while working…
    even now when i work for my buddy, still do the same.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wish. you know how union jobs are. the breaks are mandated and set to the exact minute.

Gee my union job wasn’t like that, Of course it all depends on what yer duties are but I always had a cup of coffee in my hand LOL. If I had to set it down it was never more than a few feet away, That was at least til noon and usually all day

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i know so

Yup so do I LOL!!

i dont partake though.. if i go with them its rare. ill get food and thats its.. they get into it and then dont come back to work.. its not my thing

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.511 seconds