dcsimg

Lunch breaks

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Don’t always take a morning break but when I do it is at 10. Lunch is usually between 12:30 and 1, if I know I am staying late (after 5) I will usually take another 10 minute break around 3.

Lmao love the quick wits here.

I usually work by myself, eat when ever is convenient on the job, basically depending what I’m doing. I find if I have to big a lunch, feel sluggish after.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I rarely stop for breaks or for lunch . My old boss made us skip lunch all the time so it became a habit .

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I don’t usually take a lunch break because I want a nap afterwards.
    I do take quick smoke breaks often.

yellaD
    Pro

Oh man I hear you about taking lunch a little bit later…I get so lazy after I eat, it takes a little time to get back in it. Especially if there’s a slacker on the team, it just drags after lunch so taking it later is normally what happens.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

we do a 20 min and skip lunch to head home early. Except on the days a supplier or the general is buying lunch

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I usually keep moving and skip lunch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I work with a small crew, 6 or 7 guys at most, often 2-3. We take coffee break around 9:30, and lunch 12:00-12:30. We seldom take an afternoon break, maybe sometimes if it’s extremely hot or cold, or if we’re waiting for paint to dry. Sometimes we’ll send the new guy to grab some egg sandwiches for coffee break.

Depends. If were on my job wich is usualy just rental rehab , it depends on how I feel, and if my son(s) are working. Many days I will grab something I bring and eat in a few minutes, sometimes a 10 or 15 min power nap. If one or both sons (12 and 9) then a few more breaks and little longer lunch. But this also gives me chance to see what they are thinking, seeing what they think we should do next …just trying to get them to think ahead. If Iam on another persons site, their call. Usually don’t try to take lunch till I have to. Later it is, the easier the day seems to go

monman1
    Pro

We have lunch around 12:30, and sometimes a coffee break around 3:00.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I eventually just settled down to having a half hour lunch somewhere between 12:30-1:30. I like a full lunch as it gave me a chance to run a quick errand or get caught up on phone calls, etc. without having to keep guys busy. There were times where I only had one guy with me that didn’t like taking lunch where we’d take 15 at lunch and I’d just pay 8.

If it’s really hot/humid or really cold, or the work is particularly hard, like digging holes or demo, then I’ll put a 5-10 minute break in the morning and/or afternoon to help keep guys hydrated. I’ve had heat stroke a few times and that break really helps guys get rehydrated. If it’s cold or the work is rough, it just keeps them from being miserable all day.

KenjiW
    Pro

Wow i havent heard of a lunch break in awhile most of the time its the time you get stuck in traffic or driving to the next job site that you get to eat.

yellaD
    Pro

Wow i havent heard of a lunch break in awhile most of the time its the time you get stuck in traffic or driving to the next job site that you get to eat.

Pretty much the perfect time to eat, stuck in traffic in T.O.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Don’t always take a morning break but when I do it is at 10. Lunch is usually between 12:30 and 1, if I know I am staying late (after 5) I will usually take another 10 minute break around 3.

LOL! As soon as I wrote that I knew someone was going to make that reference.

That was friggen hilarious!!!
    Today I had Turkey breast at Subway. As the girl was making it I looked over the counter to check the breast. I said is that breast? She laughed and said no, took it off and grabbed the beast meat.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

stuck in traffic in T.O.

What’s a TO

Dirty

yellaD
    Pro

T.O. = Toronto. The traffic in, out, and around the downtown core is famously bad. Worse than L.A. from what people who have experienced both, say.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

T.O. = Toronto. The traffic in, out, and around the downtown core is famously bad. Worse than L.A. from what people who have experienced both, say.

Oh traffic,,,,,I know you have traffic problems,, I have traffic problems of my own. Honolulu get rated right up there in the top 5 in the country all the time.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have traffic problems of my own. Honolulu get rated right up there in the top 5 in the country all the time.

I have heard that Honolulu has bad traffic. Must be tough to get to and from every day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thats why i really want to move as I work in the core and transit is impossible. Everyday there is something slowing it down.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

That was friggen hilarious!!!
    Today I had Turkey breast at Subway. As the girl was making it I looked over the counter to check the breast. I said is that breast? She laughed and said no, took it off and grabbed the beast meat.

Thanks, DWB – I got a laugh out of that reading it a couple of different ways and I’m still not sure which is right!

Doobie

I’m real bad not stopping to eat. I can go all day and not eat a thing but cigarettes and coffee til dinnertime sometimes.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.735 seconds