dcsimg

Lunch breaks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

How do you guys work out lunches and breaks? I’ve only worked either by myself or as a small group. By myself I tend to skip breaks and sometimes lunch. As a small crew, we usually all take lunch together.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I’m in the same league: I definitely skip breaks and sometimes lunch.

When I worked with my father, we all took breaks and lunch at the same time. Now that I work for myself I don’t take breaks very often and lunch is whenever it is convenient v

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I take lunch right around lunch time. I like to get some good food for lunch. Fridays usually include a good beer too. After lunch I take a power nap and at this time I get my material ordered and do some messages and such.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Break at 10 lunch at 12, we leave at 3:00 so no afternoon break. I pay 8 though.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

We just take half an hour for lunch around 12:30 or 1. We usually have some kind of job shack set up on site, so most of the guys just meet up there.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Break around 10 or 1030, lunch usually 1230 or 1. I hate taking an early lunch as it makes the afternoon drag.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Break at 10 lunch at 12, we leave at 3:00 so no afternoon break. I pay 8 though.

Sounds very fair to the crew!

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I tend to skip breaks but never miss my lunch time.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I try to get lunch all together, makes for a more cohesive team.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Don’t always take a morning break but when I do it is at 10. Lunch is usually between 12:30 and 1, if I know I am staying late (after 5) I will usually take another 10 minute break around 3.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Usually I just take a 10 or 15 min lunch. And no real breaks through out the day. I will stop for a drink of water several times a day.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t always take a morning break but when I do it is at 10. Lunch is usually between 12:30 and 1, if I know I am staying late (after 5) I will usually take another 10 minute break around 3.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did someone say lunch? No breaks, but lunch whenever I can

Lunch is at noon. We pack M-Th and Friday we go grab something. We have a micro in our trailer for larger projects. I always have leftovers to eat.

One thing I noticed is eating a better lunch (non-fast food) means I feel better all day. When we used to eat out all the time come 2:30 or so you would just feel like crap. Plus it is expensive to eat out everyday!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

LOL! As soon as I wrote that I knew someone was going to make that reference.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

KenW
    Pro

We take an hour lunch at the shop. Normally I go home and have something light and relax for a bit. If I’m working for myself I may or may not take any kind of lunch but will often take a couple 10-15 mintute breaks in the day.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Breaks? What are those….

I work for myself, so it’s whenever it’s practical for me. If I can take lunch and also pick up material (leave the site once), that’s my preference.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I make sure to take lunch in between 11 and 12 no matter if I am hungry or not. After high school I got into the habit of not eating when my body told me and it tore my stomach up something fierce. I was on Zantac for years because of it. Ever since then I eat all my meals around the same time.

Usually no breaks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I had a real job I took breaks and lunch when I felt the need, No regular set time for me. Although officially the break times were 9 & 1 with lunch at 11, Most of the time I didn’t eat a lunch anyway

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.573 seconds