dcsimg

Lumber Liquidators in the news again

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Is nuts to think about how some companies use dangerous methods to make their products. I wonder what percentage this represents of all the shoddy companies doing these things versus the ones we know of.

That’s the thing we alone now about the ones who get caught using ban products .

Always willing to learn .

redwood
    Pro

Has anyone tested the flooring that HD and Lowes sells?
    I never bought from LL .

In the original investigation on laminate flooring, both HD and Lowes flooring was at acceptable levels.

As a aside regarding the test kits, I got the impression that they were not bad tests if done properly. They mentioned needing a fan to circulate the air past the testing module.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Looks like they are going to go after criminal charges.

I really think it’s important that everyone is kept to a high standard. This is a good thing for the consumer, I think.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-seeks-criminal-charges-against-lumber-liquidators/

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Wow. That company is going to be in a world of hurt on top of what they are dealing with already. I won’t want any of their stock. I bet they don’t survive this.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I agree and what I have learned over the years and heard over and over on BTP lol is that you get what you pay for! Anything I do on my home I am going to look into the material, not just rush out and buy the cheapest I can find.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Has anyone tested the flooring that HD and Lowes sells?
    I never bought from LL .

In the original investigation on laminate flooring, both HD and Lowes flooring was at acceptable levels.

As a aside regarding the test kits, I got the impression that they were not bad tests if done properly. They mentioned needing a fan to circulate the air past the testing module.

did this affect laminate flooring from HD in Canada?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I agree and what I have learned over the years and heard over and over on BTP lol is that you get what you pay for! Anything I do on my home I am going to look into the material, not just rush out and buy the cheapest I can find.

It’s a fact of life! Given the path that most goods take before the make it to the end user, this can be blown out of proportion easily though. If a middle man in the process were to mark a cheap/unsafe product up so the price was comparable to the good stuff, you may not know or expect to end up with junk like LL is selling.

I’m glad this didn’t just disappear. LL needs to take responsibility for what they sell.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

With the illegal logging and all, I can bet someone still made lots of money

A Working Pro since 2004

So how many stores will they close to pay for the law suits .

Jummul
    Pro

Sounds like Monsanto..

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Sounds like Monsanto..

Monsanto is getting a lot of heat lately. IMO, they are getting to the point of a monopoly and probably need a little busting up Microsoft style.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Sounds like Monsanto..

Monsanto is getting a lot of heat lately. IMO, they are getting to the point of a monopoly and probably need a little busting up Microsoft style.

What type of company is it .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Sounds like Monsanto..

What type of company is it .

@Skillman

Sorry, just saw your post.

Monsanto develops hybrid seed and other agriculture related things. They are SO widespread that they quite literally own the Ag industry.

Because they are so big, they can basically make their own rules and do business /enter agreements with farmers however they want. Little farmer Joe can refuse Monsanto’s terms… But there isn’t much else for alternatives.

@thedude306 can probably elaborate and clean up some of the generalizations of just made.

Jon P.
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like they are going to go after criminal charges.

That would be a game changer right there. Lots of nervous execs that is for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

The company will probably just declare bankruptcy if they have to pay out too much money. Then all the people with LL floors will be out of luck anyways. Too many lawsuits already starting, the article above said more than 100 class-actions are already filed.

sergey061478
    Blocked

that’s another reason i have never shopped at LL. now i will just stay away from it completely.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The carp we buy from foreign countries and our own needs to be tested On a regular bases. It’s sad what they try to but over on the people.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The carp we buy from foreign countries and our own needs to be tested On a regular bases. It’s sad what they try to but over on the people.

Your right especially from China. Time and time again they have demonstrated a complete lack of restraint and have passed off sub-standard materials as legitimate standardized to spec items. Lead paint on children’s toys, the whole wall board fiasco after Katrina, now the flooring debacle with LL. US companies doing business with them need to ensure that what they are buying is really what they speced.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Lumber liduidators charges way too much. I got the same quality flooring at a big box store for such a way cheaper price

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The company isn’t doing so well now that it needs to cough up 10 million in fines
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-01/lumber-liquidators-to-pay-10-million-for-timber-source-crimes

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.504 seconds