dcsimg

Lowes Closing 51 Stores

This topic contains 56 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Really, if you shop in big box stores, you really shouldn’t expect much help. If you get it, great.

Specialty stores, like good lumber yards, you may have to pay a little more, but you will usually get much better service and selection.

Agreed. And most of the time a better grade of lumber.

I like shopping at the small shops first but our WoodCraft does suck.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Got two packs of 3/4″ copper two hole straps this morning and just realized one bag has 4 the other has 5. Another returned item where last customer carefully cut a slit and teased one out then returned it. The worst part is this is becoming the rule not the exception. Don’t know if it’s just south Florida or all of NA.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

stopped at a closing store the other night as i was close to one. 10% to 30% off, but I could not find much that was other than 10%.

I will dropping my daughter off for Volleyball Practice nearby for a while now so I will keep an eye on it.

We will see if I can pick up some decent deals.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

stopped at a closing store the other night as i was close to one. 10% to 30% off, but I could not find much that was other than 10%.

I will dropping my daughter off for Volleyball Practice nearby for a while now so I will keep an eye on it.

It will be interesting to see how good the deals get.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That really wasn’t the close out sale then,, as it gets closer to the day the prices will drop. I’d think they sell before they move it to another store.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

Don’t know if it’s just south Florida or all of NA.

It’s everywhere. Trust me. Thieves come in all types. Rich or poor.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That really wasn’t the close out sale then,, as it gets closer to the day the prices will drop. I’d think they sell before they move it to another store.

I was in my garage last night and I still have four shovels I bought many years ago at Builders Square when it went out of business after Home Depot opened in the same plaza. I think I got them at 90% off the last week prior to closing. Scotty’s also closed less than a year later.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I got to thinking there is Lowes about 1 hour away from that is closing I might go and check it.

Greg

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

are they already marking down the items? did anyone find something for a reasonable good price?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I was in my garage last night and I still have four shovels I bought many years ago at Builders Square when it went out of business after Home Depot opened in the same plaza. I think I got them at 90% off the last week prior to closing. Scotty’s also closed less than a year later.

I think I read that the discount is supposed to increase about 10% each week.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think I read that the discount is supposed to increase about 10% each week.

Aweek or so ago my Lowes has a clearance table set up and I got some nice things for cheap. 2$ shower bar and some tool trays for a 1$ each.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I thought there was a Lowes store closing near me. It turns out it a Rona store. Not sure I will be driving there to check out see if there is any deals.

Greg

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I think I read that the discount is supposed to increase about 10% each week

that’s pretty good – hopefully folks don’t buy everything off the first week

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

Looks like Lowes wants to divest itself of 13 more stores. This time what is basically all their stores in Mexico.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-lowes-to-get-rid-of-mexico-stores-in-further-restructuring/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Lowes stock down big yesterday on bad earning guidance, they are also getting out their contracting business besides Mexico.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I did read an article about Lowes closing stores because they have built them to close and they cannibalize themselves. and have to many stores in a market and they are to close together.

Personally I think it is more. We have a store in our town of 28,000 and there was no ad for Black Friday in our local paper, Really, If you wanted to know what was in the ad, you had to go online.

We had also picked up a Minneapolis paper, where they have stores also, and no flyers in that paper also. This morning Lowes was pretty slow and it makes me wonder it it was not having the flyer out.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I stopped off at a Rona store that is closing. I stopped there to see if they had any insulation. They didn’t have any. I bought a hammer stapler,staples and zip ties. I got 20 % off on the items I bought. I saw items were marked down by 30%.

Greg

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.454 seconds