dcsimg

Lowes Closing 51 Stores

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

None are closing near me which is good as I actually want more, not less, Lowes stores near me.

Ronas can all close for all I care. Never liked their stores when they weren’t run by Lowes and haven’t been there since the buyout.

hasn’t really changed, the lowes buyout seemed to be in name only. as they are still as unorganized as ever, feels like the old school mom and pop shop where everything was haphazardly placed.

Doobie

None are closing near me which is good as I actually want more, not less, Lowes stores near me.

Ronas can all close for all I care. Never liked their stores when they weren’t run by Lowes and haven’t been there since the buyout.

hasn’t really changed, the lowes buyout seemed to be in name only. as they are still as unorganized as ever, feels like the old school mom and pop shop where everything was haphazardly placed.

They also liked to overprice a lot of things too. Then have a ‘sale’ price that was still more expensive than you could find it elsewhere at a regular price.

Places like Sears and Canadian Tire operate like that, and while I liked the quality level offered at Sears, look where they are now. CT is worse and is competing with WalMart for the most part. I so rarely ever shop there. CT could go under tomorrow and I could care less.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Our Lowes is like walking into the The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I won’t deal with the nonsense.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Our Lowes is like walking into the The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I won’t deal with the nonsense.

Why, are they open at midnight on Fridays 🤣

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Nothing being closed in Ottawa. There is a Rona converted to Lowes that’s barely 5km from another Lowes, and it’s never busy. Thought it might be on the list.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nothing being closed in Ottawa. There is a Rona converted to Lowes that’s barely 5km from another Lowes, and it’s never busy. Thought it might be on the list.

This doesn’t make much sense. You could be right it might be on the list. I know we have a Lowes less 5 km from a Rona. But they are both staying for now.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

I missed this news. Our local store seems to be doing well. We helped by buying a new refrigerator the other day.

n859715
    Pro

I enjoy Lowes and the way the store is laid out but the one I shop at never has enough staff. Without fail what I’m after is up on a pallet and it’s like pulling teeth to get someone to bring it down. And the horror stories I have about trying to get deliveries to the job site! I’m going to spend a little more and support local shops as much as possible.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I enjoy Lowes and the way the store is laid out but the one I shop at never has enough staff. Without fail what I’m after is up on a pallet and it’s like pulling teeth to get someone to bring it down. And the horror stories I have about trying to get deliveries to the job site! I’m going to spend a little more and support local shops as much as possible.

I honestly don’t buy alot at Lowes. I can never find what I am looking for and there is never enough people working in this store either. It is real handy for me to go there on my way home from work. I wasn’t too happy with my Lowes store awhile ago. I called there to ask them a question. The lady on the phone said she couldn’t hear me and I should call back. The next thing I know she hung up on me.

Greg

Doobie

I wasn’t too happy with my Lowes store awhile ago. I called there to ask them a question. The lady on the phone said she couldn’t hear me and I should call back. The next thing I know she hung up on me.

It happens. Worse is if your in the store and they pretend they can’t see you. Lol!

redwood
    Pro

Really, if you shop in big box stores, you really shouldn’t expect much help. If you get it, great.

Specialty stores, like good lumber yards, you may have to pay a little more, but you will usually get much better service and selection.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Really, if you shop in big box stores, you really shouldn’t expect much help. If you get it, great.

You hit the nail on the head Mark. If you want service and quality then a lumber yard, plumbing or electrical supply store is the place to go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

You might be right!
    I find I get better service at HD store compared to Lowes. Most times I prefer not to have help. Unless I am having a hard time finding something. If I go to my local lumber yard I do get looked after. Usually there is only 1 or 2 of us in the store.

Greg

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Specialty stores, like good lumber yards, you may have to pay a little more, but you will usually get much better service and selection.

Agreed. And most of the time a better grade of lumber.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I find I get better service at HD store compared to Lowes.

I find each different store can be different. Some are much better than others. I feel I’m lucky with the HD nearest me. They have pretty good staff there and many I’ve seen for as long as decades now. The advice and service level are pretty good there imo which is much better than some other HDs I’ve dealt with. The Lowes closest to me isn’t a bad one either, but not near as good as the aforementioned HD near me.

n859715
    Pro

I went to Lowes this weekend in the evening both Saturday and Sunday. Absolutely no lumber carts both nights and the employees standing around. When I asked about the carts, I was told that there were lots in the parking lot. :/ That sort of thing doesn’t bring me back.

redwood
    Pro

Agreed. And most of the time a better grade of lumber.

That pretty much goes without saying.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I never really need help at the BB stores, most of them can’t answer questions anyway except to check for stock.

Only times I need personal assistance is when I need paint mixing or individual electrical conductors cut. Now that HD stopped selling conductors smaller than #8 by the foot I won’t be needing that anyway.

There are some huge advantages with the BB stores.

Where else can you find parts on weekends and holidays?

Where else can you order a bunch of stuff on the phone and have it delivered same or next day with the Pro truck for just an added $25?

Doobie

There are some huge advantages with the BB stores.

Where else can you find parts on weekends and holidays?

Good point.

We even had some locations years ago that were 24 hours. There was a bit of a trend towards that with grocery stores also at one time, but that all stopped. One reason was shoplifting is hugish in the wee hours as well as employee theft.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I find I get better service at HD store compared to Lowes.

I find each different store can be different. Some are much better than others. I feel I’m lucky with the HD nearest me. They have pretty good staff there and many I’ve seen for as long as decades now. The advice and service level are pretty good there imo which is much better than some other HDs I’ve dealt with. The Lowes closest to me isn’t a bad one either, but not near as good as the aforementioned HD near me.

i’ve bought quite a bit from lowes and if its a big box item, i have regretted it. my snow blower wasn’t assembled correctly and the wiring to the light wasn’t done right so it doesn’t work so i have to correct it when I get a chance. The riding lawn mower was shipped to me so the blades were off heightwise and the steering wheel was installed upside down. so its not a surprise.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.599 seconds