dcsimg

Lowes Closing 51 Stores

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Lowes announced they are closing 51 under performing stores in the US and Canada.

We have one closing about 45 miles from us but our local one is save for now. That store is in a marginal location in my opinion and faces tough competition from Menard’s and Home Depot located abut a mile away situated right next to each other.

attached is a link to the full list of closing stores.

https://newsroom.lowes.com/inside-lowes/lowes-store-closures-2018/

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lowes announced they are closing 51 under performing stores in the US and Canada.

We have one closing about 45 miles from us but our local one is save for now. That store is in a marginal location in my opinion and faces tough competition from Menard’s and Home Depot located abut a mile away situated right next to each other.

That is surprising to see. But guess it makes good business sense.
    Looks like none are closing in Tennessee.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I have 2 near me within 15 drive from me that are closing. Looks like Home Depot & Menards will be the 2 places here now.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Didn’t see any closing for Florida. A bunch closing in Quebec.

Doobie

None are closing near me which is good as I actually want more, not less, Lowes stores near me.

Ronas can all close for all I care. Never liked their stores when they weren’t run by Lowes and haven’t been there since the buyout.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wish the one here would close,, the service is the worst there and it a favorite place for those with gender dysphoria to work.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I don’t know any Lowes in Montreal area.
    The closest I know it’s in Ottawa.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

We have been having a lot of problems getting things from Lowes also.
    I have been waiting on stock kitchen cabinets for over a month. The sad part is they are in stock at a Lowes a few miles away . Going to have to go pick them up myself tomorrow. We always make a bulk order when we start a house, they haven’t got one right yet. Three times they have been out to deliver our order this time and still don’t have it.
    I see why stores are closing.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Home Depot is always crowded around here, and Lowes never is. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have zero input regarding lowes… they dont physically exist here in nova scotia yet though they do own rona..

one thing i will say about rona however is im dissappointed with them now, they bought out my local lumber yard in 2006 which wasnt a very big deal, it was mainly just a name change, all the same staff stayed on. rona was where i always bought my lumber from, their prices were hands down the best in town. Back in the late spring there was a huge price spike on lumber, more so pressure treated. decking materials jumped by 18% roughly,, rona is now more expensive than Kents building supply which is owned by irving oil limited..

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

After checking the list it seems like there is a store 2h away from me. I’ll be there sometime this month and I have to visit the store.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC dodged a bullet. There are 3 Lowes stores all within about 5mi from the house. They are all busy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Home Depot is always crowded around here, and Lowes never is. This doesn’t surprise me at all.

I see that as well where I live. But it is nice to have that wider selection of different brands on a lot of things with having Lowes around.

Not only building materials, but I’ve bought a lot of Bosch tools at Lowes over the years, quite often on clearance that I’m thankful for although now I’ve kinda exhausted what tools I would still want to buy. I feel I have all I want of tools for now thru what Lowes would offer which for Bosch here in Canada thru Lowes is quite a lot compared to what I understand Lowes offers of Bosch tools at Lowes US stores.

redwood
    Pro

Though I’m not a huge fan of Lowe’s, they are the closest thing to a lumberyard within a half hour to me. I don’t know if it is true, but I’ve been told it is the smallest Lowe’s in the US. That’s not surprising since the population of the whole county is only 38,000, covering over 600 sq. mi.

But it’s not on the closing list.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

When I order from Lowe’s I typically will go pick them up as they normally don’t have the quantity I want at one store. So I do an online order of say 25 window blinds and let them ship from wherever. They usually ship multiple boxes from several locations, so I might end up with eight giant boxes where some boxes would have four blinds coming from NC, another box with one blind from Chicago etc…

Their shelves are better organized then HD though. HD is a mob scene stuff are always misplaced from customers taking stuff in and out.

Doobie

Their shelves are better organized then HD though. HD is a mob scene stuff are always misplaced from customers taking stuff in and out.

That’s what I found with the Rona chain here in Canada that Lowes bought out their 700 stores here a few years ago and why I didn’t like Rona for one reason. Just not well kept and organized, which is something that drives me nuts.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m happy to see none in Washington are closing – personally I prefer blue to orange especially since it’s so much more convenient to where I live. Too bad for Lowes and all those workers though…I wonder if online competition is doing them in or if it’s just the lack of homeowner diy’ers out there?

Charlie

Instagram

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s what I found with the Rona chain here in Canada that Lowes bought out their 700 stores here a few years ago and why I didn’t like Rona for one reason. Just not well kept and organized, which is something that drives me nuts.

I found out that 9 Rona are closing in Quebec.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It looks like the Rona & the Lowes in my area are staying open. The Rona is across the street from Home Depot. I wonder if this has anything too do with Rona not closing?

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

I’m happy to see none in Washington are closing – personally I prefer blue to orange especially since it’s so much more convenient to where I live. Too bad for Lowes and all those workers though…I wonder if online competition is doing them in or if it’s just the lack of homeowner diy’ers out there?

I think it’s just what is referred to in marketing as gaining the lion’s share of the market being the first one in. HD was the first big BB hardware dealer nationwide, and it has that added credibility in the eyes of consumers in being such and preferred over other subsequent copy-caters.”

The Chrysler Mini-Van is another example. While most major auto makers have since left that segment leading only a few other manufacturers making mini-vans. Chrysler has always been the market leader insofar as sales with them from start to now and still making them as the first ones to make them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.641 seconds