dcsimg

Looking to get a Pressure Washer

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

This is what I have ,

I can’t say I have seen that kind pressure washer before. How old is it?

Oh boy , easily over 20 years , I bought it for cleaning up the old deck I had , and a few other things , but it’s basically just been hanging out in the garage , I should give it a try when I get spare time ,

Sounds like it must be a good one then. If you have had for 20 years. That is the thing most home owners don’t pressure that much. Maybe a few times a year washing the deck, patio furniture, and cars.

I did look at the Sun Joe pressures washers yesterdays They did have good reviews. It find a good buy on Greenworks pressure washer at Lowes that was on clearance. But wasn’t available at my store. Pita!

Honestly I don’t know how good it is , maybe it’s lasted this long because it doesn’t get used lol

I think I paid around 125 or something like that , but this was over 20 years ago ,
    I don’t use it on the car , my friend is doing auto detailing , and he said he never uses pressure washers on cars ,
    All this talk about it , I think I’ll try to get it going this weekend 🤷‍♂️ coming up

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

and he said he never uses pressure washers on cars ,

Two schools of thought on PWs on cars, I don’t use them a lot of detailers do especially with a foam gun. I can see using one with a foam gun which I don’t have.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I don’t like using a PW on cars to clean dirt off. If I have one out anyways near the car and decided to wash down the car, it’s just to wet it and rinse. Dirt removal is still done by hand with soap with one of those wooly hand/mitt washers.

I don’t like using a PW on cars to clean dirt off. If I have one out anyways near the car and decided to wash down the car, it’s just to wet it and rinse. Dirt removal is still done by hand with soap with one of those wooly hand/mitt washers.

I’m somewhere in between

My pressure washer is mostly for my deck and front stairs, but I also use it on a handful of other things. When it’s out, I usually hit my car with the foam cannon and let it soak, but then move on to actual washing by hand. I don’t use the pressure aspect on my paint, but the foam cannon really does help get the winter/spring crap off at the start of nice weather, and again after a long road trip where there are a lot of squished bugs to remove

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Honestly I don’t know how good it is , maybe it’s lasted this long because it doesn’t get used lol

This could be true.

I have used a PW to wash cars in the past. Mainly just to rinse before & after. I wash by hand. I like it to get the mud off my atv.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I like it to get the mud off my atv.

If it was an ATV, I’d have no hesitation. But on our Cadi…..nope!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t like using a PW on cars to clean dirt off.

I use it underneath, on the suspension, and in the wheel wells, really helps get those areas clean.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I like it to get the mud off my atv.

If it was an ATV, I’d have no hesitation. But on our Cadi…..nope!

Honestly I have washed my truck at local Car wash places with no issues. I know you have be careful. Mainly use it the winter time to get the salt & sand spray of my truck.

I am not planning on getting power washer to wash my vehicle. I want for jobs like washing the patio and patio furniture, and fence to name few. I am sure I will use for other jobs also. I want something more then a garden hose.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

I will only say that you get what you pay for, especially with pressure washers. The pumps are the weak point.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I will only say that you get what you pay for, especially with pressure washers. The pumps are the weak point.

I know you only get what you pay for. Oh I found out that pumps are the weak point pressure washers. I had this happen to me with pressure washers I owned before.

Greg

Doobie

Bingo! And don’t try to foul up Mark on this. It is the name of the game as far as everything I’ve read on it from reliable sources myself. Not that FB or IG, Twitter crap. Real usage feedback over many years.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Bingo! And don’t try to foul up Mark on this. It is the name of the game as far as everything I’ve read on it from reliable sources myself. Not that FB or IG, Twitter crap. Real usage feedback over many years.

I am not sure what you are saying here? Honestly I do know what you get what you pay for. I have not look at social media for info pressure washers. I came here first for members opinions.

I do know this first hand about pressure pumps. I have own 2 pressure washer that quit working due to failed pumps. The first pressure washer I bought was from crappy tire. I think I paid around $150.00 as it was on sale. After using it few times it wouldn’t work. I think I used it to wash my Atv and my car that was it. I took it back to crappy tire and they sent it out to be repaired. After was repaired it worked good for awhile then it quit working. So I called crappy tire and they gave the number of the repair shop that fix the pressure washer. I had long conversation with the repair guy at the repair shop about the pump on this pressure washer. It told that pumps were the weak point. So I decide it was worth my to get the pressure washer repaired again. Several years later I bought Karcher pressure washer. I thought I paid around $200.00 for pressure washer. Which I thought that was decent dollar for pressure washer. I used it wash it my deck at the my trailer. I gave it to buddy wash the rad out on his skidder. When I went use it again. It wouldn’t work. So from having bad luck with previous pressure washers I have owned. Honestly I not sure what to buy for pressure washer. I trying to get peoples advice on what they have for pressure washers and if they had good luck.

Greg

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.352 seconds